Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Originally I said I'd grow it another 6 inches beyond where it's at now (just past tops of shoulders), but I'm hating it. Dance is pretty much the only reason I'm keeping it long.

Something like this.

image.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  3. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Adam Lambert? ;-)

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

just learned that dh's firm is making significant cutbacks...not whining for me because, even though it is going to dramatically impact my dancing, I have had it better over thhe past several years than most people ever dream will be possible, but the budget tightening for him is stressful and discouraging and we still have tuitions and a wedding...but we are still very fortunate.....

5. Hedwaite

I put on gold glitter nail polish, but when I added the clear-coat over it, it stripped the yellow out, so now it's silver.

:-( But I wanted gold.

FancyFeet and fascination like this.
  6. fascination

don't we all

nikkitta likes this.
  7. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Which clear coat are you using?

8. Hedwaite

Seche Vite- and I'm a little disappointed with it after all the raves I saw online. Going back to OPI for the base, scouting resumes for fast-dry topcoat.

Bonus Whine for the day brought to you by facebook: Abbreviating phrases just because you're too lazy to type only makes you look like a vapid idiot. People shouldn't have to keep google open in the next tab just to communicate with you, and nobody takes airheads seriously anyway.

nikkitta likes this.
  9. Hedwaite

I thought I was done.

Non-dancers planning dance events and omitting key factors that dancers could happily have helped them with: Fail.

10. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Oh really? I use Seche Vite and absolutely love it. It might be that your gold glitter is just not nonsoluble so any would do it?

11. Lioness

It's 45C right now (113F)

There's thunderstorms and it's windy.

If there's a bushfire I'm gonna have to put some clothes on and stop basking under the aircon :-(

12. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

God, am I tired.

13. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Word

14. fascination

15. Lioness

Close, very queer friend just said "I never want to talk to straight cis dudes ever again tbh"

And, like, I don't even know what her problem is. I don't know what experience she's had with rude dudes but projecting that on to all of them is not cool.

Not to mention the fact that I am in a serious long term relationship with a "straight cis dude", and that's not a sentiment I can agree with.

You don't get support and acceptance through alienation.

Also I'm epilating and it hurts. And I'm grumpy at bf for entirely unrelated reasons mostly having to do with the hot weather and subsequent lack of cuddles and...affection. Grump.

16. Lioness

"Don't you know any people who are bi but might as well be straight?"

Um yeah you're talking to one, love. Need to disengage with this conversation and continue ripping hair out of my legs with a terrifying tweezer machine that makes a noise like a mini chainsaw.

17. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

:confused::confused::confused:

In other news, roommate is back. I know she pays rent and all too, but it was so nice to have the(unusually clean) apartment all to myself for 2.5 weeks

18. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Potholes.

j_alexandra likes this.
  19. fascination

mean people....who enjoy it...daily...over and over...unceasingly...aloud...repetitively when I cannot open a can of whoopass...

20. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

uber-stinky kitchen area at work from people microwaving their lunches

*blech*

llamasarefuzzy likes this.