Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Be careful you don't over-use that thing... remember that it is putting abnormal stresses on your body. My DW had one of those after her foot surgery, and it caused her a hip injury that took several months to heal after the foot was useable again.

2. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Dear local weatherman,

I'm getting very tired of all this record cold and snowfall. While the term "polar vortex" is catchy, I don't like what it entails, which is bitterly freezing cold. Ditto I'm tired of the terms "alberta clipper", "artic blast", "below freezing", "below zero" and "wind chill factor". "Alberta clipper" is especially offending, as last night you said we have potentially 8 of them coming within the next 3 weeks.

Please order up some warmer weather as soon as possible. Thank you for your consideration.

Purr

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

Dear Purr, how long have you lived in the Midwest?....it is going to stink til Easter...love, the Weatherman

Purr and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  4. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

And at least you're getting snow. We're not, as it's too cold... this makes me not happy. Snow, I can handle. Nostril-freezing, windy, biting cold, not so much.

5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Just got flashed by a speed camera. Depending on whether they clocked me at under or over 20km/h over the limit, I'm looking at either $340 and 3 (out of 12 demerit points), or $690 and 5 demerits. Pretty sure I was doing 70 in a 50 zone, but may have been doing more.

Whoops. Did not expect that road to have one. And it was a tripod, not a car or a bike. I'm a dumbass.

6. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

some of Fasc's dance partners are now dancing with the fishes...;)

7. bordertangoman

or put a bolt and some washers and nuts through it...

8. bordertangoman

your knee goes around on a scooter?
    how does the rest of you travel?

cornutt likes this.
  9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Midwest, hell... I'm in Alabama and I have the same complaint!

10. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Hands were extremely dry, to the point of cracking open, so I grabbed some lotion. Apparently this one disagrees with my skin because now I've got an angry red rash on the backs of my hands.

11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Got Waze?

mindputtee and stash like this.
  12. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Yesterday evening I went to the gym, and the movie The Day After Tomorrow was playing in the cardio theater. For those of you who don't know, the movie's premise is the world is affected by a series of superstorms, culminating in three (3) polar vortex supercells that bring most of North America, Europe, and Asia back to the ice age.

Oh wait, isn't that happening now?

13. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Lotil.

14. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Modern water bottles piss me off.
    1- The little half-sized cap is difficult for stubby hands like mine to grip and twist off.

2- The collapsible sides are too collapsible and sometimes get a crack or a hole. Take that how you will, but it's annoying for shoebag storage.

3- They're not big enough for powdered single-serve drink straws.

And this is why water bottles piss me off.

sbrnsmith and nikkitta like this.
  15. mindputtee

I usually use the Johnson's 24 hr cause I like that it's not too heavy, it was just upstairs so I grabbed the nearest option. Not doing that again!

16. mindputtee

Get a camelbak! The insulated ones will stay cold forever and you're saving lots and lots of landfill waste.

FancyFeet likes this.
  17. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

I love my camelbak. Washable, refillable, no leaks, and a clip on the top for when it just won't squeeze into my bag.

18. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

And reusable ones are better because you can get bpa free!

19. mindputtee

Grrrrr... all I wanted was the print-to-pdf application! Not the 6 spammy add-ons too! That's the last time I just click through an installation without reading carefully.

20. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

"Laughing off the irritating lotion"?

j_alexandra, mindputtee and nikkitta like this.