Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Sania

Sania Active Member

Climb-on Creme - chemical and paraben free, all natural ingredients, made in US - absolutely the best hand / face / body cream I have ever used - I often give it as a gift and every one loves it - here in Austin they sell it at whole foods as well as some local retailers, but I believe there is a website. A tube will last for several months.
  2. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Sleepy stash is sleepy, no clean travel mugs for coffee, and the line for the drivethru starbucks was out to the road... Work is going to be a long day...
  3. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I honestly intend to clean up my diet, but I keep succumbing to the allure of breakfast meats when I go to the grocery store. Stupid bacon - odi et amo.
    j_alexandra and stash like this.
  4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Been covering long weekend shifts at another store for the last couple of weeks. It's pretty standard practise that when someone covers a shift, especially an overnight shift, you don't ask them to do any extra work above and beyond what they would normally do (so just floors, preparing good for the next day, and cleaning the coffee machine)

Manager has a habit of asking me to do things like filling stock, organising the stock room, etc.

I'm in a store that's not even mine...I don't know where half the stuff is...I've worked more than 21 days straight at this point...so no I'm not doing extra work to make up for your substandard staff.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sore throat, no sleep...toilet doesn't refill...and if it is another fubar due to the cold and bad insulation, I am going to call the previous owners and open my can of whoop...really had enough of this...not sure how they sleep at night given the nummber of surprises of great magnitude over the years...makes a body wonder
  6. Lioness

Grr...and he's put me on for next weekend without asking. On one hand, the extra $300 is really handy. OTOH, if I did next weekend I'd've been working 34 days in a row...

I really don't know what to do.
  7. Lioness

Think I will say no as bf and I wanted to check out some clubs before my birthday. Or will say yes to one day and not another.
  8. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Bf is ruining surprise plans for his bday unintentionally.... This is way to hard... Idk how he did it for me a few years ago, but I am very oblivious and very easy going on weekend plans... O Type-A's can't live with them, can't live without them...
  9. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I feel like Rob Lowe looked in Behind the Candelabra. WAY too much PTR Instant Firm... can't blink. Or move. Or emote. And this stuff only lasts for like six hours.
  10. fascination

gah...lack of courtesy in arctic blast is so much worse...I mean seriously...it is 6 degrees out and you can't brake so that I can walk across the street?....really?...you are in your warm car...I am freezing and trying to navigate an icy parking lot and you HAVE to go first?...really?

other pet peeve; why in God's name does a gas pump need to ask me if I want to buy a car wash at 8 oclock at night in arctic weather?...uh no...just start pumping....bad enough that it is also almost too cold to even type in my required zip code....there should be a by-pass of that crap when the temp is below zero...this is the only time I wish I lived in New Jersey or Oregon
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

It's external Botox. ;)
  12. Hedwaite

When you don't bother to use proper punctuation, it just makes you look like you're constantly indecisive, or really drugged up. When you're a professional or a business and you don't know where to stick an apostrophe, you just look dumb.
    nikkitta likes this.
  13. fascination

totally agree when it's a business setting...totally don't care in any other setting.....probably because I want to be as lazy as possible when it comes to my leisure time....but I cannot stand it when I see it at work...I remember getting notes from my kid's teachers that had errors....THAT was unsettling
  14. Lioness

Wow. BF's brother's "oops you're pregnant let's stay together" girlfriend thought that proposing to him was the way to "fix" their relationship. Holy lord. Now she's complaining that he's too focussed on starting up his business to spend time with her...her exact words: "I don't want money I want to feel loved"

Guess what, hon. Love won't feed your kids. You're talking about leaving him and being alone...that won't solve your love problem AND because you've been unemployed with no skills for the last 5 years, you're not able to support yourself.

BF's brother is a bit of a tool...aggro, slightly too much weed, doesn't do much housework...but they are going to blow up as a couple and should've seen this coming before they had two children together!

Suddenly becoming engaged doesn't fix your relationship issues. And this chick has a whole heap of issues of her own. We need to help them sort this out so she doesn't end up with two kids she can't support and will raise crazy. BF's brother isn't the best person to be raising kids but at least he's financially and mostly mentally stable. He'll raise them better than her, and I have full confidence that if she's raising them, our side of the family will never see them.

Oh boy.

Everyone: use birth control. Especially with baby-hungry partners. Don't think that sticking a ring on it will save all of your relationship problems.
  15. Hedwaite

Why does it seem like only stupid people breed? Nobody seems to be able to grasp the concept that you CAN control what your libido tries to get you to do, and anybody who does understand that is somehow labeled a freak. Yeah, a freak without an unwanted MIRACLE! (scoff- and when they decide to name the baby that, how many ways can they misspell "Mirikuhll" to be So Trendy and Unique!) to feed.
    nikkitta likes this.
  16. Lioness

Things I should know by now...post vague statuses on fb thinking "the person they're talking about is never online! She won't see it"

Then naturally she sees it. Whoops. Whatevs. Getting super ranty in return is just making my point.
    j_alexandra likes this.
  17. Hedwaite

You can always spot the barflies trying to make the crossover into the social dance scene: They're the ones who start twerking in a huddle on the dance floor when something vaguely contemporary comes on for a WCS or cha-cha or somesuch. "I just thought it looked so glamorous on TV, I wanted to try it." Doing. It. Wrong.

You also can always spot the barflies who won't make Natural Selection's cut when their own group-class teacher asks one or the other to dance just so A- they can actually social dance like they paid their cover for because courtesy, and B- mostly so they're not a bunch of bumping around idiots getting in the way of people actually trying to dance... and they have to ask everybody who knows said teacher if they're 'a weirdo' for asking another female to dance.

Yet the age-old two drunk trampettes falling into each other, giggling, and wobbling a horrible tango promenade parody across a crowded dance floor of people actually dancing tango is somehow acceptable.

And we soon find out why none of the guys are dancing with them- they're so "tipsy" that they're dancing like a giraffe with a spinal injury on a skateboard.
    nikkitta likes this.
  18. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

It lasts at least 10 hours, for me. But, I don't have a job that makes me sweat. :)
  19. Hedwaite

I can still feel it trying to work from last night, and that's after I used actual real make-up remover on it. I think I'm going to drop a tube of this into the New Madrid Fault so I can get some sleep at night.
  20. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

A couple I have known for awhile suddenly announced they are going to take dance classes with my pro. They think they can do a couples class once a week and go for competition in about a couple of months. None of this should bother me except for the fact that she ALWAYS tries to copy me in anything I'm doing. I started yoga, she started yoga... I buy a pair of brown high heeled sexy boots and she goes and buys the same pair...I'm a doctor, she wants to become a nurse practitioner....and on and on...I know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but still aggravating...end of rant