Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

You should start trolling her. You could get pretty elaborate, too. Say you've bought a team of Clydesdales, flash around some pics, tell her you got plastic surgery 'down there', brag about starting up your own compost processing business for the local stock farmers or something. Say you're a published femmeslash author. That, or buy/wear the absolute most ridiculous things to wherever you'll see her, then bring a change of normal nonlulzy clothes to change into, etc. Say you've decided to quit ballroom dancing, because polka is way cooler.

dancelvr, sbrnsmith, Debra and 2 others like this.
  2. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

LOL thanks for the laugh. I needed that!

nikkitta likes this.
  3. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

You can make posts on fb not visible to specific people now. You might find it handy. ;)

Lioness and Hedwaite like this.
  4. Hedwaite

I know I sure as hell do. Then again, being vague is not one of my strengths. Neither is keeping my mouth shut when my BS-dar pings.

5. Hedwaite

On the flipside of this whole facebook thing- there are also people who aren't clever enough to see the little gear icon that says that it might be a custom list, and a selectively-filtered post, so they go blabbing said post to others NOT on that list, and you have to explain that yes, you DO on occasion get sloppily-hammered on Manischewitz on ice from a plastic tumbler, post photographs of Jeremy Renner and his bare, sweaty forearms and use The F Word to describe various lewd aspirations in regards to said actor and his perpetual frowny intensity and insane ability to BOSS a simple cotton T-shirt. "Was that what you were talking about when you said..." *facepalm* And somebody's going on the list labeled 'SQUARETARDS'.

6. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I LOVE Jeremy Renner! off topic

Hedwaite likes this.
  7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Because smart people aren't as noticeable as stupid ones.

8. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

It's a brand of hand cream, great for the cracking fingertips. Sorry; I'd be witty if I could, but in this case, not so much.

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I disagree...they may be fewer in number...but smart people are readily apparent to other smart people...I know you know that...and they are all the more apparent for their rarity

10. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

You don't have to be intelligent to breed. That's part of the problem.

fascination likes this.
  11. fascination

people who, due to their own percieved yet unsolved sense of insuffiency can only see insufficiency and the worst in others, but are the first to cry foul when anyone as much as looks at them cross-eyed

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    nikkitta likes this.
  12. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

My craigslist ad offering a bunch of free math and CS books was removed with no explanation. Not sure if I should bother trying to post it again under "free stuff" instead of "books" or just try elsewhere.

13. Hedwaite

Random allergy attack in the middle of the night. No idea what caused it. Some stupid idiot had opened the vent I specifically had closed (and had stacked crap on top of it to keep it sealed the hell shut), and all the crap I'd specifically tried to block out of my workspace had come creeping through. I hate do-gooders. Sometimes doing the right thing is doing NOTHING.

14. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

It should be illegal to make people wake up before the sun has risen when it's 11 degrees out.

15. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Didn't sleep well... got home late-ish from the studio, and was tired, but for some reason was still staring at the ceiling as 1am rolled around. Not worried, not stressed... just awake. Getting up this morning sucked big time, and now my eyes hurt and all the caffeine in the world isn't helping.

Oh, and the huge budget meeting I have in an hour should just be amaze-balls with all of this.

16. fascination

I feel you both...I have a pinced nerve in my neck and danncing with it didn't help so I got to stare at the ceiling from 2-5....and I couldn't sleep inn because dh is working from home today and I can't have him thinking I sleep late everyday...plus, he's loud and I need a very quiet space in which to sleep

17. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

6 hours in between when I finish work and start uni...due to travel times I'd only get 4 hours of sleep if I went home. Deciding whether to sleep in my car at work or drive to the bus station and sleep there. I don't think the uni building I normally sleep in is open at 5am...

18. Hedwaite

I found a freebie white noise app that I've been using religiously that has helped SO much.

19. raindance

raindance Active Member

Please share the name if you don't mind - if not here (not sure about DF rules), then please send me a PM. :)

20. Hedwaite