Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Weird. Mine comes off with a wet paper towel. I know something that might work, if you are brave....an exfoliating cotton pad with alcohol. (Long story behind this.) That takes mine off like a breeze. Just keep your eyes closed until the alcohol dries.
    Hedwaite likes this.
  2. stash

stash Well-Known Member

forgot to put moisturizer on my face this morning :/ Face is so dry from the cold and wind and I don't have a travel size in my make-up kit in my purse :(
  3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

And in a not terribly unexpected twist, sister-by-pregnancy has blocked the entire family on fb. Not because if what I said; just because she wants to cut contact and is sick of people "judging" her for what she posts.

If you don't want people judging you, don't treat Facebook like a secret diary. And cutting contact with your family is probably the stupidest thing you could do right now.
    nikkitta likes this.
  4. Lioness

Aaand my weekend drag shifter has chosen 1.30am on a Thursday to confess his love for me before he goes back to India :-/

This shift is getting weird.

Edit: that got nsfw and creepy really quickly :-/ what even
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    nikkitta likes this.
  5. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I blocked someone from my facebook page for 'the reverse'- she was constantly bragging about getting blackout wasted and letting three guys run trains on her while her kids were asleep in the other room, so when her name repeatedly popped up on the trailer park lagoon of the internet, topix, she got upset with people "judging her". I piped up (really? shocker.) and said "Well, if you don't want people treating you like you're a slut, then maybe you shouldn't act like one. Do you ever think about what your kids have to deal with when they go to school and are confronted with pictures of you naked with smeared makeup while you make a triumphant duckface over the heads of two guys motorboating your glitter-covered t*ts?" Instant enemy.

Moral of the story: Life's too short to tolerate other people's bullsh*t. It's her problem, let her deal with it.
  6. dancelvr

Wow.....my FB friends (apart from one or two political ranters) are soooo tame!
  7. Hedwaite

She was an unusual exception. Labeled herself an event promoter, so she "collected" a ton of people from the area for friends, I added her because she shared some occasionally funny stuff, before it turned too raunchy and stupid. I don't believe in having a large facebook friend list. If I don't want to talk to someone in real life, I definitely don't want to have to put up with their stupid forwards/copypastas online.
  8. Hedwaite

Whine of the day:
    I have two whole crappy overseas dresses that I never use- but they're in great shape and I want to keep them that way. Everyone's always trying to 'borrow' these gowns for their weekends here and there. I always say "Sure, for $50, and a cleaning," and they look at me like I'm trying to rob them. If you can afford to compete or take a cruise to Greece, you can buy your own crappy dress.
    llamasarefuzzy and nikkitta like this.
  9. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

People who think the YIELD sign means "I'm gonna pretend I don't see you and nearly ram into you even though you have the right of way."

Every. Stinking. Day. I almost wish there was a stop sign there, because then *maybe* people would at least slow down and LOOK.
  10. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I get lots of people asking to borrow my dresses too. Just because I made it doesn't mean I didn't spend loads of money on it and don't expect some return on that investment, whether monetary or otherwise.
  11. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

12. Hedwaite

Misleading advertising, unintentional or otherwise. If your event does NOT have ballroom, salsa, and so forth specifically involved, please don't list that it does on your website and media.
  13. Hedwaite

14. Hedwaite

For those keeping tabs, this is a cosmetic complaint, not a non-dancesport complaint:-D

I guess I'm the only human female on the planet who just can't properly apply pressed or loose powder eye-shadow with any success, even after watching youtube video tutorials.
    raindance likes this.
  15. dancelvr

First lesson today in 7 weeks, and my arthritis decides to raise its ugly head after years of no symptoms! Grrr......time to go back to my acupuncture treatments.
  16. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Sinus allergies have been so bad for me recently that I had to take benedryl last night to get to sleep and be able to breathe
  17. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

When you are an adult and have a real job that counts on you to see patients and you can't cancel when you are sick and have to go to be at work for a 7:30 appointment.
  18. Lioness

Debating whether I can nap at work and not get caught.

But it's 3am, and there are quite a few customers coming through.

I'm so tired.
  19. Hedwaite

Secondhand cigarette smoke. Don't (some) smokers realize or care that even if they aren't smoking, they still reek and it transfers?
  20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

no...they can't smell a thing
    stash likes this.