Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Where the *&@# did I put the E6000 I bought? Sew-on stones are done (for now), and I was all ready to stone for a bit before leaving for the studio, but I have apparently put the glue tube someplace so safe it will never be found again. I hate it when I do that.

Now I have to buy more, have wasted a half hour ripping my house apart, and may have to give in and do something productive, like *shudder* clean the kitchen!

2. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Not true.

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

maybe not fully but, to a certain extent...and I know this from both sides of the fence...same is true of taste

4. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Whine: Ate Chinese earlier. Hungry again.
    Bigger whine: WTF is up with Tapatalk and here still?

5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Chinese always has that effect on me. I don't eat it much anymore.

6. Lioness

Just screwed up a mystery shopper report. Didn't have my name badge on, didn't upsell her coffee size, and didn't ask of she wanted a receipt. Feel so silly because I recognised her right after I said "is that a small coffee?" (Because, for real, who asks for a large weak coffee? If you're going low caffeine you don't want a bigger drink...), so I couldn't change it without sounding weird.

Receipt is my own damn fault. Started in a hurry and forgot to put my badge on :-(

7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

As usual, I've been having to work for four hours on activating a DVR with Comcast. After two service calls, I thought I had everything working, but then DW tried the on-demand and got an error. So now they are taking it through the entire activation and download process again. Another 45 minutes.

8. cornutt

And the annoying thing is, this isn't even a new service... it's a replacement for an older model DVR (which was working).

9. Lioness

Boss turned the aircon down to 19C

It's meant to be left at 22C.

It's freaking freezing in here and this is how the aircon breaks.

10. Hedwaite

My x-rated snow sculpture got erased by more snow. And you can't honestly be surprised that I'd do something like that, so let's not pretend :p

Lioness likes this.
  11. cornutt

Pics or it didn't happen. :D

Joe likes this.
  12. Lioness

Power is out all over the city...except my house. My suburb has underground powerlines.

Buuuuut work power has been out since 7.30am, and it's not due back on until 10pm. If that gets used back again (initial estimation was 10am...then 3pm...) I get to stand around work doing literally nothing, because it'll be dark and nothing will be working.

Wooooo.

13. Hedwaite

HAH- I wonder how long they'd last before they got yanked. (No worries, my cellphone's camera is way too blurry and slow. You'll just have to wait until I can upgrade!)

I hate when the power's out. During a really terrible ice storm a few years ago, it felt like Chernobyl driving through town- everything just felt cold and dead. That, and McDonald's was closed, so I couldn't get cookies and Filet-O-Fish.

Speaking of McDonald's, they need to get a move on those little fish bites they had last year- Lent's just around the corner already! Although I don't practice, I totally dig the specials.

14. Lioness

Yup...power not due on until 9am. Tonight's gonna be boring as.

15. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I do not understand why my phone continues to insist on changing a perfectly good "were" to "we're" even when it makes no sense.

cornutt, JudeMorrigan and Lioness like this.
  16. bia

bia Well-Known Member

Computational linguists will have jobs for a good long time yet. Computers just don't get human language.

17. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

My supervisor does everything last minute (write the lab requirements, etc) which means I also have to work last minute. I am NOT a last minute kind of person. I emailed her today to (very, very politely) ask if there was any way that I could get the materials by Friday so that I could write my questions and send them to the university printer on Friday so I could have them printed and ready to go on Tuesday (the printer says there is a 3 day turnaround for print jobs).
    She said she just has too much to do this semester and that wouldn't be possible, but I would probably get them back in time if I submitted them Monday morning.... Of course, if I actually don't get them back, it is a huge issue because the students won't have their homework.

18. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Bad supervisor.

llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  19. Lioness

Power still out at work. Now not due back until 5pm. Had to have two staff on last night because the door won't lock.

This is nuts!

20. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

That sucks... Did they get to nap at least?