Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I'm absolutely craving stuffed olives, and I have none. When I'm able to shovel out, I'm going to get a huge jar, a skewer, and I'm going to sit here and eat every last one of them, then I'm going to be sick, and complain about that, and THEN I'm going to drink water all night long.

2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I was on with my 2ic, who was doing a 17 hour shift to stay with me. He napped on the milk fridge after we'd cleared out all the spoiled milk XD

Power is back on now.

llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

omg...I thought I was the only who did this

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Escalate.

5. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Eh, probably not worth my time... I still need letters of recommendation from the department and don't want to create waves. Will begrudgingly put up with it for the rest of the semester then not teach for her again. On the plus side, the other two tas have the same experience so we can whine

6. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Hot yoga cancelled due to bad weather :(

7. Hedwaite

Well, we have fifteen days to pull a reasonably sparkly routine out of our *sses for a moderately-sized event in our area. The floor is of course 15 x 15, so... that foxtrot they want? Proooobably out.

8. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

stationary foxtrot? :p
    A whole bunch of picture lines.

9. Hedwaite

As much as I loathe swing, I'm guessing we'll have to dust some of it off again. Ugh. I might see if the whole floor is hardwood, and just dance around all the tables and everybody. This event's pretty good about NOT sardining people in, since it's not a ticketed event.

Rant of the day:
    A-holes who acquire pets (or kids), then expect YOU to be ready to play sitter whenever they want to pawn them off on you so they can go do something else. Things I don't care about:
    1- You don't know how hard it is to keep Little So and So!
    (Yes, I do, which is precisely why I don't have one)
    2- But YOU aren't doing anything, why CAN'T you?
    (Exactly. Because I'm not doing anything and I like it that way.)
    3- I don't see what the big deal is. It's only for three hours.
    (Yes. MY three hours.)
    4- But if you don't, then I can't do such and such.
    (Again. YOUR problem, not mine. If you don't want to take care of something 24/7, don't acquire it.)
    5- You mean you don't care if something bad happens to them on their own?
    (I'll feel bad, but then I'll just know that you're a negligent jerk who bit off more than they could chew. It isn't my problem. Don't try to make it mine.)
    6- I thought you liked So and So. Don't you want them to be okay?
    (I like a lot of things I'm not 24/7 about. If you spent half as much time doing research and heeding the advice of people who said "DON'T DO IT" as you do trying to emotionally manipulate people into doing crap YOU don't want to do, you wouldn't be in this situation.)

BUT, on the bright side, now I don't ever again have to make a polite excuse and feel guilty about sticking to it when this idiot comes around. Some humans are just too much work to deal with.

stash likes this.
  10. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Agreed to the sentiment above. I have a old friend from high school that I never really got a long with from the beginning really (we adopted her because no one else would be her friend), and now she's part time at my university because she's on medical leave due to stress from her other school. It's half way through week two and I am getting texts from her asking me this that and the other and I no longer care. I understand that she is going through a tough time, but I can't handle her because I need to take care of myself first, and she drives me up the wall.

I am not her mother and she is an adult, she needs to figure out how to navigate life. I personally think she needs professional help, but she needs to figure that out on her own. She is too stubborn and too immature for me to tell her upfront so I am just done talking to her. I have enough going on in my life...

Also peppy yoga instructors. I'm sorry but I like my yoga instructor calm and relaxing and my zumba instructors to be peppy and upbeat (the one time I did do zumba....), not the other way around -_-

11. Lioness

I swear my friend's bathroom gets more gross everytime we're there. Mine isn't much better but if you know you're gonna have people over, it's not hard to give the toilet a clean and throw out the old cat litter.

And speaking of people over, housemate has a bad habit of inviting his dad to crash here without letting anyone know. Get home at 11pm...surprise dad in lounge room. Wake up at 3am and go get a glass of water in your undies? Surprise dad can't sleep either. I don't care that he's here...that's not a problem...but I'd like to be able to wander my house and not encounter unexpected parents. I moved out to avoid a house with a parent.

Could have been particularly tricky today, as I was meant to be having a friend staying for a few nights, starting tonight. Housemates have known for a month. Thankfully, she messaged me today to say she'd found somewhere permanent to stay. Otherwise she wouldn't have had the private room and bed she was promised.

Also friends cat is highly allergy-inducing. I'm great with most cats but this one just knocks me out.

12. fascination

about people who seem to have no minimum standard for cleanliness; I will never understand that...I have a relative who can't seem to cover the basics ...like EVER cleaning anything...at all....like having a holiday without toilet paper in your bathroom or a towel or a kleenex or....wait for it....soap.....um? you live like this?...and we are not talking here about someone who is too busy to clean or too poor to buy the essentials...and I have a reasonably low standard....but doing the drip and wiggle after I pee is not going to work...and when the cat box in the basement behind a closed door hits you the minute the front door opens, um helllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?

regarding parents, everyone learns how to tell their parent "NO" at a different age...usually determined by a) their degree of financial dependence upon said parent, b) the degree of psychological health of said parent

cats; I have one that is so awesome I could stuff his tail up my nose and never sneeze....with the other one I have to wash my hand immediately after petting....thank God she is a bit stand offish and the other one is the one that is under foot/on lap 24/7

llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  13. Lioness

The parent thing is only ever occasionally...like when he's visiting town for medical stuff, but I'd appreciate a text, at least. Prepare me to make awkward conversation for a few minutes before I have to make a "well, I guess I'd better go do [mumble mumble]" excuse and wander off without seeming rude.

14. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Why on Earth is text wrapping for an image inside a text box not supported in Microsoft word? Grrr

15. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

These people make me want to write an addendum to Dante's Inferno

Dancing Irishman and fascination like this.
  16. fascination

I will never grasp having a level of self-respect/respect for others which is that low....I get having close friends come over with a sink full of dishes and and an unmade bed....but, seriously, you know people are coming and it doesn't occur to you that you might run out of toilet paper and to have a spare roll in your vanity?...it doesn't occur to you that most people wash and dry their hands after they tinkle?...it doesn't occur to you that most folks want to be able to breathe in your home without feeling like wretching and having to swig half a bottle of benedryl and then basically burning any clothing that came into contact with your furniture?....I mean, holy moley....particularly when I know the person wasn't raised that way....blows.my.mind....

Hedwaite likes this.
  17. Hedwaite

It's bad when homes do this, yes... but even worse when BUSINESSES get so negligent that they let this happen. I'm dealing with something similar to this now. I'm in the middle, and have to watch some of my pocket-money go somewhere else because opening the front door smells like there's a cadaver in the break room because nobody's taken out the garbage, but the powers that be get huffy when you're either doing their job for them, or they think you're telling them how to run their business. No, I'm just saying your place stinks, and you need to clean up. If you're a business, act like one.

18. Hedwaite

Worked on The Dead Hooker picture-line in partner's tango routine yesterday. Today... So. Freaking. Sore.

19. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

I thought that was the "Dead Whore" line. Or is this a particular variation of that? :p

20. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA!