Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

The variation is in the arm styling. :p

nikkitta likes this.
  2. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

I am so confused

stash likes this.
  3. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

In training for work this week...supposed to mean no "business as usual" work...instead means "get your regular work done sometime before or after the 9 to 5 block you're in training".

4. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

I really want to know which tango picture line this refers to now.

5. Sania

Sania Active Member

Me too! Photo please!

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

mindputtee and JudeMorrigan like this.
  7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Why would an image wrap?

8. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I want the text to wrap around the image so that I can more easily position both the image and text.

9. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

huh, I just tried it, and it doesn't give options for text wrapping around an image in a text box. Odd.

10. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Waiting to hear if I'm going to be furloughed next week. Sure wish the U.S. Army could get its act together.

11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

ug sorry to hear it...

12. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Partnership drama. Grr.

13. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

And now, as soon as I say I went for hot yoga and LOVED it, this girl announces she's going for it too....kill me now...is imitation the most sincere form of flattery?

14. Hedwaite

I'm furious. They have completely changed the flavor of my favorite fish ever at Long John's. The whole point of going to Long John Silver's is because their fish is cooked in their grease and it has their unique taste. I want to slit the throat of whoever came up with this Zero Trans Fat Healthy BS. People don't eat at greasy, crappy fast food joints for their health, they eat there because they like it. If you want to be healthy, then shut up and carry your soy nuts around with you wherever you go. When I want to eat right, I will, and it won't be at the wrong place.

cornutt likes this.
  15. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Have had nose pierced for the last five months. Have had red hair since I've been hired for this job (and was hired with the hair). Tonight my site gets inspected and the area manager tells me my nose piercing is not ok (fair enough. That's part of the uniform policy I'm ignoring because no one cares) and that my hair is an unnatural colour. I've confirmed with several managers and area managers about my hair colour, and offered to dye it. Heck, I'm pretty sure I confirmed with this guy in particular. The people responsible for my training haven't said anything either. Every manager I've asked has said "it's fine. It looks good"

And the accepted alternative to the piercing is blue tape over it. I wonder whether customers would rather see a tiny stud or a blue bandaid...

But not this guy. Not tonight

Think it's time for me to be job searching again.

We also had one of our frozen coke machines break and start leaking CO2 everywhere. CO2 is now turned off and I don't get paid enough to deal with all the life-threatening situations that come with working at a petrol station.

16. raindance

raindance Active Member

(deleted, ignore this)

17. Aura

Aura Active Member

My pro left unexpectedly because of family matters. I'd only been his student for a little over a year, but apparently it was enough time for me to form a bond because I'm really feeling that emptiness one feels when someone one cares about moves on in some way. It also stinks because I was trying to mentally and emotionally hold myself together during our last lesson because I was in the midst of a panic attack.

18. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

No lesson or group tonight because the instructor that my AP (alternate partner) and I have been using had to go take care of a personal matter.

19. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I feel for you... I would feel the same

20. Hedwaite

I hate panic attacks. I haven't had a real one in a very long time, but I do have this unglued, disoriented feeling once in awhile in big crowds.

Whine:
    OMG SO COLD STOP WINTER NOW.