Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Also, the wind can stop, too.
  2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Seeing a bunch of contradictory weather reports for the next two days. Depending on who you believe, we're due somewhere between four inches of snow and nothing.
  3. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Well, we got plenty of ice.

Posted from the parking lot of a grocery store because I cant get to work and I'm not entirely sure the roads back are safe.
  4. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

They've been saying anything here from a foot of snow to just rain to absolutely nothing. Not holding my breath.
  5. bia

bia Active Member

Jude, I hope you get back home safely! It looks like we got a light coating of ice, but happily I haven't needed to go investigate the roads. Another round of something or other coming later. Pretty much everything has shut down here; I approve. Dealing with snow is one thing, but ice is trouble.
  6. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Just made it back home. I had to take one heck of a circuitous route to try and stick to roads where I had a reasonable expectation of not getting stuck, but I made it. That was ... not fun.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sigh...transitions are hard...that is all...I hate whiners...
    llamasarefuzzy and j_alexandra like this.
  8. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I went to my Seattle Seahawks Superbowl victory parade....and came home with the worst respiratory infection (I'm guessing) that I've ever had! I can't even breathe.....and this has lasted for over a week now. Argh. Thank goodness for Tylenol cold liquid, or I couldn't sleep at all. I've never taken this many days sick off work....ever......*sigh* Can't dance either, because I can't breathe......
  9. Hedwaite

Whoever started these "If you don't forward this, you're a puppy-killing Nazi Satanist s.o.b who loves cancer and starves Darfur children" unsubstantiated guilt-emails that are generally wildly misinforming, moderately racist, and in general a stupid and annoying waste of time... seriously needs to be dragged out of their homes naked, rolled in lard, and dropped into piranha-infested waters.
    dancelvr, nikkitta and DerekWeb like this.
  10. Hedwaite

Not really a whine, but a new quest begins for an RSS reader that takes bulk OPML (I stayed with google reader to the bitter end, switched to The Old Reader, and now, they're going to charge for accounts with over 100 feeds) import. Feedly? RSS Demon? Do any of you guys use these apps?
  11. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Venues are daunting in prices...
  12. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Furlough is in effect. Again.
  13. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Posts are bemusing in syntax.
    Sania likes this.
  14. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Wedding reception venues have huge price stickers... And make it seem like it's normal just to through down 20k... daunting...
  15. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

My neck is too long for my new neck pillow
  16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

dislike...sorry to hear it
  17. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear that, too.
  18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Elope. Then throw a big party.
    llamasarefuzzy and samina like this.
  19. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I don't think either of our large families will appreciate that... For both of us being only children we have 40+ combined family to invite...
  20. Hedwaite

Well, remember this: Is your wedding day about "hooray! We're married!" or "This 'EVENT' has to be epic to impress every member of the family who won't be living under my roof and in crippling debt from paying for it as we shove off on our new life together in the hole twenty grand"?

Always mystifies me- why do people WASTE so much money on a day that shouldn't be about money and flowers at all? Unless they'd like to pay for it, of course.
    samina likes this.