Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Active Member

It doesn't sound like it's "marriage" but "wedding" that you need to be able to mention! I'm sure that can be worked out.
  2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

IUD has that well and truly covered, lol.
  3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Whine (and heavy sigh)...I electronically filed my taxes yesterday...it's a sad commentary when I noticed that my income has fallen for the third straight year in a row...frozen salary, no performance bonuses and a furlough, along with increasing deductions, will do that...(heavy sigh, again)...here's hoping 2014 is a better year...I'm also going to be on top of every possible deduction I can claim...

p.s. I'm not whining that I'm broke, because I'm not...however, it's increasing difficult to put the best into work with the above situation...there's no reward for exceptional or exceeds vs. showing up for work, punching in 8 hours, and going home (heavy sigh for the third time)

p.p.s. I'm having a cup of strong tea to feel better, and getting back to work now.
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sorry to hear it purr...I understand completely
    Purr likes this.
  5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Yeah, Purr, I'm sort of facing that situation too. I can't take a vacation anymore because furlough periods keep eating up all my leave. I can barely even take a day off now and then. On my third day of furlough right now, with no end in sight.
  6. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

I know that I said I could get sick after Classique when everyone started dropping like flies last weekend, but I didn't really mean it. Now that I have the runny nose, is it too late to take it back?
  7. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I want to kill people with their own body fluids whenever they don't cover their nose and mouths to cough, sneeze, etc. Someone turned around and coughed IN MY FACE the other day. Maybe this throat funk was already incubating, maybe not, but I'm blaming them that I am DOWN today and likely tomorrow with the green head-runs. I hate humanity sometimes. Especially when I have to suffer through class to get my dope (I didn't touch anybody, only co-lectured), and I have to stand next to some idiot cow in the checkout line (after having to hunt for something that was sold out and settle for the other crap that's not as effective) who chews her gum with such loud gusto that I feard she was going to mouth-siphon in the cash register before I could pay and get change for a large coke (you know, before our state starts taxing sugar BUT NOT STUPID AND NOT STUPID BREEDERS).

And I'm spent.
  8. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about your furlough days. Furloughs end up hurting a lot of people, and I'm not convinced they even save money in the end. :(
    cornutt likes this.
  9. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I suspect very little sleep will be happening tonight. Studying for my 8 am anatomy exam tomorrow is going far slower than anticipated.
  10. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Having pulled off all nighters in my med school days, I have to say you will be better off getting some sleep.Wish I had known that back then
  11. mindputtee

Everybody says that, but that does no good when the information isn't in there in the first place. Exam snuck up on me, hiding behind regionals. I actually function pretty well ok on adrenaline and caffeine.
  12. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

13. Hedwaite

Why do people who have never tried a freaking neti pot always suggest that I try one "because it so works!" Don't care. Tired of hearing it. Gimme my Sudacrank and Nycohol.
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  14. latervet1

latervet1 Member

15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

On the other hand, procrastination is going far quicker than anticipated? ;)
  16. mindputtee

Last few minutes at work, no more information was going in my head at that point. I actually ended up getting some sleep, the second half of studying went a lot faster than the first. A quiet environment with some music to drown anything else out really helped.
    cornutt likes this.
  17. Hedwaite

I can't tell you how much I love my white noise app. I use it more than I use anything else. I love being able to build a wall around my brain and concentrate at my leisure on something that can't be forced, and simple looped sounds and a locked door (and of course a bag of sweet potato chips) does the trick.
  18. cornutt

It's literally white noise?
  19. cornutt

Day 5 of furlough, grumble grumble. My mom told me last night that my stepsister, who has worked in Army procurement since the late '80s, is now hating her job and thinking about retirement.
  20. stash

stash Well-Known Member

The right side of my back down my leg is killing me... And I did yoga yesterday. Usually yoga makes this part of my body feel so much better... not way worse than usual....