Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Dunno. My eyes are closed when I hear it, so I can't see what color it is :-D

reWhine- I use Huggies wipes for makeup removal, because they're awesome and cheap and don't rash me up, and I can really dig at the corners of my eyes where liner/mascara congregates bigtime. Once upon a time, purple was lavender, green was cucumber, yellow was shea. I snagged a purple pack thinking yay, lavender, and it was not. Fragrance free? WTF? Cheaters!
  2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I can't believe my current job is so bad I'm considering working at Maccas.

But dance buddy (otherwise known as ex-DP's GF) has worked there for years and can get me a job there. She says conditions are great, so that's a big plus.
  3. Lioness

Oh boy. Difficult dude in group class got even more difficult.

He was showing another guy how to do a step...except he was showing him wrong. This is the kind if dude who rocks up to 3 months of group classes and thinks he's an expert. So I slide on over and say "here, like this" to the guy he was showing. Problem dude interrupts, "that's not how you do it". Um. Yeah, it is. You're ending up on entirely the wrong foot. Patient, "yes, this IS how you do it"
    "No it's not"
    Very firm, "YES, it is. See..." [counts steps slowly]
    "Oh"

Yeah. Oh.

Next time maybe listen to the person who's been dancing 10 times longer than you instead of assuming you've got it right. I am so over partnering with him in the group class to help out. He doesn't watch the demonstration at all so when he goes to do it his feet end up all wrong.

Related whine: dude I was meant to partner tonight (young, fast learner, potential new partner if he wants to) didn't show up. He's such a quick learner and I really want to see if he's be interested in at least taking private lessons.

Unrelated whine: I've been up since 7am. I have work tonight, then a gaming thing, then an engagement party. Gonna be up until at least 10pm tomorrow.

[naps furiously]
  4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I'd like to see furious napping.
  5. Lioness

Me too :-/ can't sleep.

And the cat shat on the bed. Not impressed.
  6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

lio...let me just say, I do thing you are officially entitled to whine...not that I give out that seal of approval....but...wow....
  7. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Got up at 5:45 this morning so I could see a research patient at 7:30. She doesn't show, and I leave the clinic at 8:00 am. at 8:15 (45 minutes after her scheduled appointment time!!!) she shows up and wants to be seen. Unfortunately I have a meeting at 9:20 in a building that is 25 minutes away, and the visit takes at least an hour start to finish.

Luckily, one of my team members will try to see her after her patient... thank goodness for excellent coworkers.

Seriously, though. If you schedule an appointment at 7:30 in the morning, you should be there at 7:30 in the morning.
  8. fascination

or call, or understand that you may be S.O.L :)
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

It always amazes me how some folks are completely oblivious to the concept of being on time, or keeping within the confines of your appointment.

This happens from time to time with other students who try to extend their lesson past their appointed time, by saying please look at this, asking questions that would be better served during their lessons, prolonged conversations about scheduling, and just aimless conversation. People, get a life - and a standing appointment - and move along when your time's done.
  10. Lioness

Oh man.

I will always try to go the extra bit for my customers...making their coffee as they fill up with fuel, etc. but the moment they start to feel entitled to it, I'll stop completely.

This guy is pushing the line halfway across the country.

He's a fussy coffee drinker to start with. If his flat white isn't perfectly flat, no froth, he'll start abusing you and yelling. Manager has kicked him out for that before.
    The other day he walked in and opened a conversation with "you'd better be making my coffee". I brushed it off.

Today he pretended to sleep in his car outside, then came in to say "if you'd brought me my coffee, I wouldn't have been asleep."

Nope. Done. Bye. Next time I see him he will need to specifically ask for every detail of his order. No more nice lio. Act like a douche, and I'll treat you like one.
    cornutt and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  11. fascination

yep...important when people take your generosity for granted, to re-assess why you are being generous and how appropriate it is....I have learned the hard way that only a very few people are actually truly grateful ...many in fact, often push for even more.....
  12. Hedwaite

Lioness, you'll probably (unfortunately) be repeatedly exposed to the "I want to set the world on fire and be the next Bryan Watson" kind of guy who SAYS it, but then completely forgets he has a practice, private lesson, or class several times in a row, then shows up without any excuse whatsoever. I'm so sick of this type. They think there's some sort of magic that they can find, and they switch from teacher to teacher to teacher, hook up with partners serially, and never figure out that they're the ones causing themselves to fail.
  13. Lioness

It's a possibility...but he also lives about an hour away from the studio and it's only his first couple of weeks. Gotta give him time to get addicted xD
  14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I might be back at work on Monday, maybe.
    Sania, llamasarefuzzy and fascination like this.
  15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Smart aleck. ;) I've done this with a synth before: set up some white noise going through a slowly modulated filter. I find that, depending on what mood I'm in, it can be soothing or highly annoying.
  16. Lioness

Arghhhhh.

If there's a sit down dinner at 6.30, we NEED to leave friends house at 5pm to get back to mum's to change, because apparently it's "weird" to ask to change at a friends house.

We don't have time for this bull. I need to put a full face of makeup on, do my hair...in 20 minutes plus peak hour traffic??? When friend already lives 5 minutes away from the party place.

It's is absolutely 100% rude to be late to a formal sit down dinner. Argh.

We need to go.
  17. Hedwaite

:-D

This does have what it calls white noise, but then also brown, pink, violet, and I think one other color noise as well with varying levels of "softness" or "sharpness" to the sound, if that makes any sense. Violet works best for me, besides Beach and Kitty Purring.
  18. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Was it made by someone with synesthesia?
  19. Lioness

Hmm. Not as formal as advertised. We're way overdressed :-/
  20. DL

DL Well-Known Member