Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Don't even sweat it. If I had a nickel for how many times we showed up at a black tie event and were the only ones in black tie, I'd be very wealthy. People have no class and are culturally lazy. It's not your problem they can't read. I'd rather be overdressed than underdressed any day.

Loki, Lioness and sbrnsmith like this.
  2. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Whine- my studio is going for Heritage classic with several students. Due to my work schedule, I can't go and feeling a teensy bit left out.... Hanging with a group is the fun part of comp.... Instead I am going for a comp next month all by myself with my pro

3. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

If you aren't there, then, by definition, it won't be a fun event!

sbrnsmith likes this.
  4. Hedwaite

It was a crappy day and that sweet-spot of communication people have when they're synced just right is NOT there and hasn't been for some time. Not being able to be understood is really frustrating for me, as is the "is something wrong?" "No, why do you always do that?" battle that makes me feel like a stupid jackass for asking. Then again, I could safely be considered a stupid jackass for many other reasons, so I shouldn't gripe too much.

And I hate my neck.

5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It is better to be way overdressed than it is to be way underdressed.

Loki likes this.
  6. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

Agreed. For sure. If nothing else, you look like the classiest of the bunch. :)

7. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

my best friend. what am I going to do... the only one I had and now no more. shall I still keep at it or should I just drop it and go on with my life...it's almost as if she is taking dance with her. no joy left in it...why should dance also mean friends...why...

8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

BF travels very differently to me.

Trying to plan our trip to japan...he's all "why don't we just book the flights and sort the details when we get there. I don't want to be locked in to anything and always feeling like I have to be somewhere"

Like dude that's great and all but I don't wanna be stuck in a foreign country with no idea what to do. Planning will minimise the amount of money we spend and the amount of time we waste.

So loose plans it is. Flights and accommodation sorted and I guess I'll just have a secret binder of stuff to do that I can consult whenever he says "I'm so bored just sitting in the hotel"

Also he says "we can just stay in those capsule hotels right? They're cheap. Yeah, they're a room the size of our bathroom and most of them don't let women stay, let alone a couple in the same room.

Oh boy.

Ailuene likes this.
  9. stash

stash Well-Known Member

The perfect venue was just found... But they are "reassessing" for whether or not (I guess) they will be open around the time I would like to get married... UGH!!!!!!!!

I mean to make it less of a whine, the guy was really nice in the email, and said he would let me know their decision when they decide what to do. He also gave me a list of venues near by which was great, and also said that he would put me in contact with a planner to help find a venue for us if I wanted...

But still...

10. Lioness

Bloated, crampy, gassy, and coming down with a throat infection. Tomorrow I finish work at 8am, finish my essay (700 words to go!), go back to work at 1pm, go straight from work to game night (which I'm thinking of skipping), straight from game to work...finally sleep on Friday morning at 5am.

Gah.

11. Lioness

Also, batacadas

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

llamasarefuzzy and JudeMorrigan like this.
  12. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Sick. Ugh. Just have to make it through today for some sleep. Fortunately my students are taking an exam today, so I can grade while they work

13. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Okay, winter can go away now. I've had enough.

Loki, j_alexandra, cornutt and 2 others like this.
  14. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Seriously. I walked to class this morning and it was a -20 degree windchill when I left. It is almost March. I've had it up to here with polar vortex

15. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

there is no hope til easter...that is how it is...

16. Hedwaite

Yeah, and then there's HAM! WHOOOOHOOO!!

17. Lioness

Grrrrr...I don't care if you're late to work...it's 6am...things happen. But call if you're going to be more than 10 minutes late so I know you're at least awake...and it shouldn't take 45 minutes after you're meant to arrive to call and say you're running late...I sorta figured that by now. And he's making a habit of it too.

18. stash

stash Well-Known Member

When you call a company for a free credit security thing because you university had had a security breach and the automatic answering service hangs up on you because of high call volume. No }%^*. You have. Lots of people calling you. But I don't want to hung up on. Just put me on hold for heavens sake....

19. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I seem to have developed a preternatural ability to not have my phone on me when something comes up making my am partner unable to make it to practice. (Today, I left it at work. I have never done that before.) On the plus side, it results in me practicing anyways. On the down side, the occasional night off wouldn't go entirely amiss.

j_alexandra likes this.
  20. Lioness

Landlord had put up a for sale sign outside our house...without telling us? Wtf?