Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I really dislike dancing with guys who have no tactile courtesy or empathy. It's hard to explain, but have you ever danced with one leader who can take you through all kinds of baskets, rolls, tucks, and stuff and you walk off the floor feeling like you need to take off all your clothes and put them back on the right way because they're so twisted and screwed around, and a different leader can dance the same stuff with you, and you come out without a hair out of place?

j_alexandra likes this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I would imagine it is an occupational hazard for you....lo siento...yes, I have had that...I have the luxury of not having it....soI avoid it now

3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I don't know what the law is in Australia, but in the U.S. the new owner has to honor an existing lease, unless there is a clause in the lease saying otherwise. Check your lease.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  4. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

To be honest with you, I have never heard this before. I sort of get what you're saying, but I'm not sure what the cause of it might be. Unless the lead is actually grabbing your clothing, which he obviously shouldn't be doing. Maybe it's a function of too much pushing and pulling. Will have to ponder on this.

5. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Ugh, sick. And I have a long practice weekend ahead. #takingALLthedayquill

6. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Someone has been taking flowers out of my vase of flowers on my desk at work that my boyfriend gave me and putting them in smaller vases around the studio. This is not ok.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  7. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

They do, but we're only on a periodic lease at the moment. Apparently if the new owner wants to kick us out we get 60 days notice from when they buy the house.

8. stash

stash Well-Known Member

The complex did a suprise inspection of my Fiance's apartment... Seems strange... I've never heard of any place else that has done this before.

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

:mad:

j_alexandra likes this.
  10. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

PSA: If you are going to take your ballroom gown to a seamstress for alterations, please clean it first so it doesn't smell like sweat.

Joe likes this.
  11. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Did all of his surprises pass muster?

12. Hedwaite

If I ever get a WCS with you cornutt, I'll demonstrate.

that came out wrong... but... you get what I mean.

13. stash

stash Well-Known Member

don't know. they haven't left an evaluation yet...

all I can say is that I can't wait to be able to afford to buy a house.

14. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Bus to Chicago for practice is 4 hours late:mad::punch::vamp:
    Not going to get in until 1130 to take a train out to the suburbs. May not make it to my friends until 1

15. Lioness

Just ordered fabric for a Latin and a standard dress. $50 and $80...reasonable. Then $20 and $80 shipping.

There goes my paycheck...

16. Hedwaite

Bad weather coming. Not happy about this.

17. Lioness

BF says "Before I lived with [housemate] I had no idea you could passive aggressively clean a room. Like, she cleans, and all your stuff just ends up in a pile, like it's got no right to be just sitting on her bench"

...yup. That's pretty much it.

j_alexandra likes this.
  18. Hedwaite

Iced in. I have all the junk-food within the area though, so as long the power stays on, I'm good. I'll get a little spotty toward the end, but I can deal.

19. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

If I say that I don't want ice with my drink, I really mean that. No ice. Yes, I understand that I am the only person in the United States and possibly the entirety of North America who does not want ice in my drink. I'll even tolerate it if you spend five minutes telling me how peculiar it is that I don't want ice, and that I can't possibly drink something that isn't chock-a-block with ice and that you haven't "ever heard of such a thing." But it still means that I don't want any ice. No ice. And if you go and put ice in my drink anyway, don't look shocked that I ask for a replacement drink that does not have ice in it. Is it really THAT complicated to serve a drink without ice?

20. Hedwaite

Same goes for boatloads of gravy or other "liquidy" toppings on things. "Easy" or "on the side" doesn't mean slather the whole damn restaurant with it.