Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

with an adult beverage, I have been know to say: "look I am not trying to cheat you out of the cost of your drink as figured with an entire glass full of ice...I will happily pay you for TWO drinks if you will kindly bring me a drink without ice"....it always blows my mind when I order a margarita that come with a shaker full of ice, a glass gull of ice and about two ounces of liquid....because here is the thing....I don't want to have to ask for another drink every 2 1/2 minutes...but I gragle with more liquid than comes with some of these drinks....and I truly feel the same way about iced tea...particularly if the service is crappy because I don't want to have to order 2 at a time or be PO-ed because I have to wait

2. fascination

now, gravy and salad dressing is another matter....please pour that all over everything in droves with extra on the side

Joe and mindputtee like this.
  3. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Whine- when a friend passive aggressively posts something on FB that's bothering her involving me instead of simply talking to me about it

4. fascination

or, it may have nothing to do with you at all...you have no idea what her other relationships are like....I had a friend accuse me of that...and I have never been passive aggressive a day in my life...agressive aggressive yes...but not passive aggressive...I told her to go to hell...so, don't assume....if it is bothering you ASK...but don't assume

5. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Why am I always iced in with a ton of stuff that's not what my brain suddenly tells me I want? WAH.

6. sbrnsmith

Oh yes it had everything to do with me...I asked. The sad thing is all she had to do was talk to me directly, not insinuate something behind my back. The good thing is, as I get older, I am better at reassessing friendships/ relationships, and less willing to put up with stuff

7. fascination

to be fair, she didn't insinuate it behind your back, but she obviously lacked the courage to say it to you directly...shrug...there are worse faults....but yes, I think as we all age, those of us who are wise learn to rapidly dispatch with less than desirable contacts....I have a whopping 80 something friends...if I am no longer in contact with someone, or there is anything toxic going on or we simply have no further need to interact, I will likely pare them down....not out of malice but because life is short and I like to keep it real and to keep my circle small

Hedwaite likes this.
  8. fascination

dh is really sick...he has not gotten out of bed all weekend and barely eaten.... :(

9. Hedwaite

I should have stored up more wine. One bottle down, no bottles to go.

Lioness and sbrnsmith like this.
  10. Hedwaite

Also, I'm not one of those friend-collectors on facebook, either. I'm down to 76 or so people, and they're either people I talk to directly regularly, wish I could keep in touch with, or would like to meet someday. If I don't know somebody who asks to add me, I'll add them and keep them on for a little while, but if I find out that I get tired of their religious/mom/politics/whatever in-your-face spam, or if we have nothing in common, or I still can't figure out why they'd add me, I delete them after awhile. I'd rather have a very small group of good, real friends, than a huge circle of fake people I can't stand.

dancelvr and sbrnsmith like this.
  11. sbrnsmith

I have less tolerance for bull and drama.... We are not in high school anymore.... Yes it's difficult and uncomfortable to say something to your friend but it's always the better more mature way to talk about it than play games. I agree wholeheartedly, a few good real friends is better than 300 that you don't have any real connection with

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  12. fascination

I will say this though..I post quite a bit of inspirational stuff that I want to save simply for myself...I also occasionally post about lessons I have learned...i toss them out there not at anyone in particular but oftne in hopes that they mightbe useful for any of my friends who to find them relevant...but I imagine that on occasion sometimes people could mistake that for their being some sort of intended target...I expect my friends to anticipate me in kindness...that is one major line in the sand for me....I have very few conditions for friends but the big three are; 1) don't lie to my face or talk behind my back, 2) if you don't plan on being there for me to the extent that you see me being there for you, don't sign up and 3) anticipate me in kindness...I can put up with just about anything else

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Talk about poor planning!

Hedwaite likes this.
  14. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Still sick. Going away to practice this weekend probably wasn't a great idea. At least we got a few good lessons in

15. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Regular customer has now been at work for 4 hours. Just sitting outside in his car and. Occasionally coming in for a half hour or so.

Dude's lovely, but I can't run around doing any of my work while he's in and out on a whim.

There are better places to be at 3am on a Tuesday than sitting in your car at a servo. Like at home. In bed. Like a normal person.

16. Hedwaite

When someone just HAS To make sure you KNOW not only that they're right, but just how absolutely perfectly right they really are, so they really over-explain their point until you want to push them into oncoming traffic. Congratulations. I'm stupid and wrong, here's your f*king cookie already, don't choke.

cornutt and fascination like this.
  17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Do you have a therapist?

18. fascination

19. fascination

20. Hedwaite

Why, are you looking for recommendations to acquire one of your own?

Lioness likes this.