Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

And the second-most new guy is ticking me off.

He's almost always late. Usually it's just 5-10 minutes...annoying, but doesn't hugely inconvenience me. Recently he's starting being 30+ minutes late with no warning. The first time I wasn't due to leave, so I gave him 30 minutes and then called him "oh yeah I'll be there soon". 25 minutes later he arrives...no apology. Didn't explain that he's slept in or anything...he sounded like he knew he was going to be almost an hour late and didn't feel like calling.

This morning he messed up his roster...thought he started half an hour later than he actually did. Whatever. Stuff happens. I called him to see where he was. But then he arrived 10 minutes after he was due to start. 40 minutes late in total, and I had to go home. I called him half an hour before he arrived, and he lives 10 minutes away. Not cool.

On top of all that, he parks in the managers carpark, just because. The manager parks his car in this one spot because it's the only one his car fits in. His car is huge. Crappy coworker parks there just because he can, preventing the manager from being able to park there.

It just all seems very entitled...he doesn't like it when I give him a small lost of stuff to do when he takes over a shift an hour earlier than usual...because I'm a woman and why would he listen to me? He doesn't call when he's late because he doesn't think it's an issue...he just gets on my nerves.
  2. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Do y'all have a really hard time hiring people? Or are there labor laws that make it hard to get rid of people? Because it sounds like that dude is seriously asking for a "yeah, I'm sorry, but it's just not working out" from your management.
  3. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

God, I despise cha-cha. Or dancing it, at least. I'll admit that there's probably no other dance that I enjoy watching more than genuinely well-done cha. That said, I will be very, very happy when I hang up my Latin shoes after Nationals for what I dearly hope will be the last time.

On a not entirely unrelated whine, dagnabit, I'm out of scotch. I don't actually drink all that much, but there needs to be at least some form of whiskey in my cupboard.
  4. Lioness

I left a note for the manager...he'll get a talking to and maybe an official warning. 3 warnings and he's gone.

Because I'm the only person there in the mornings when he comes in, it's up to me to let the manager know or not. Today was the last straw.

But there are also labor laws...unfair dismissal etc. it's good but otoh makes it hard to fire a bad worker who isn't doing anything wrong but being bad at their job. That's why we have the three strikes policy though.
  5. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Bus tickets in april are already $20+ on mega bus.... ugh... will have to wait for bolt to see if their prices will be any better.
  6. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

That stomach thing... yeah. Ugh.
  7. Lioness

So many people are asking "oh but does your boyfriend like/approve of you colouring your hair"

I don't give a flying toss what he thinks...it's my body. He'd prefer me blonde and we all know that's never going to happen. Regardless, the first thing you think when seeing someone's grooming choice should not be "does your boyfriend say it's ok".
    dancelvr and nikkitta like this.
  8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

A) I used to get that about dance as well...is your husband okay with it?....seriously, no one ever asked him if I was okay with his working 70 hours a week...in fairness though, when we lost our first baby the main thing he got asked was "how is your wife"?

B) I wouldn't mind catering to a spouses' preferences in hair and clothing if it was reciprocal and didn't harshly rub against my own sense of self...but only under those circumstances...I think there is no sexism in caring to please someone else...again, only under those two circumstances
  9. Lioness

I appreciate BF's tastes...and if he said blue hair was a total turn off I'd reconsider doing it...but that's between me and him and I sorta feel like it shouldn't be the first thing random people comment on.
  10. fascination

completely agree....
  11. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I get "but what do your parents say?" I don't really care. I obeyed their rules about not dying my hair (though I deserpately wanted to be a ginger for like 8 years during that period) for the first 20ish years of my life. I'm not spending their money on hair dye, so therefore I don't see a problem as an adult to do what I want with my hair... So no, I don't care what they think. I respect that my dad perfers my natural hair color, and doesn't get why I just stick with it.

Don't get me wrong, I like my natural hair just fine too... But change is fun some times.
    Lioness likes this.
  12. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Whine: just got my bridesmaid dress from David's Bridal for my cousin's wedding... Too big, but a size two would be too small (I think)... Need to go get it altered... Yay... This is what I get for trying to try on a dress at the store, but then rudely told by the clerks that their is a waiting line for dressing rooms... Note to self, never go through DB for my bridesmaids (or dress for that matter)....
  13. Lioness

Work's cut me down to 20 hours next week...and for all foreseeable weeks in the future...not happy. They hired a new guy for weekend shifts so I wasn't working 7 days a week, but put him on a 25 hr contract, and then it's me who gets shafted.

Brb applying for mcdonalds, because they'll pay me better and give me hours.
    stash and fascination like this.
  14. fascination

their latest commercial is soooooooooooooooo offensive to me that I would never patronize them...nor would my daughter
  15. fascination

I went through this sort of crap at Canteen Corporation...Manager left, I was the assistant so I became the interim manager....oh, please train the new manager and now watch us pay him twice as much as you....um, watch me leave...but he's a man.... he has a family to feed...tell it to my butt walking out the door
    Lioness likes this.
  16. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it yet, but if I could have found the same color outside of David's bridal that my cousins want, i totally would have gone outside it. But i couldn't :/
  17. fascination

the comercial has the groom talking about how unimportant he is and how it is all about the bride and only the bride...I cannot tell you how much I loathe that
    stash, Dancing Irishman and Lioness like this.
  18. Loki

Loki Active Member

And little lambie cakes to devour!
    Joe likes this.
  19. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Well, today I worked off two of the hours I owe the company for the stop-work period. Only 71.5 hours to go. :rolleyes:
  20. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

My roommate is a twenty three year old who wears button ups to work every day and hasn't the foggiest clue how to operate an iron...I'm honestly not sure how so many people escape childhood without basic domestic skills!