Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

#%*€ that. Any woman who believes that can hand me back the engagement ring.
    mindputtee, stash and fascination like this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

any man who marries a woman like that gets what he deserves
    stash likes this.
  3. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

See "Bridezillas" and its even uglier sequel, "Marriage Boot Camp" :wacky:
  4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Haha do you live in my house? I've got a 25 year old with a full time professional job who still takes his washing and ironing to his mother's house every week.
  5. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I for one fail at ironing anything that isn't a fancy cloth napkin... Even with my mom trying to teach me. I just am really bad.

As for the ad, that is terrible... I really at the quality of dresses to begin with, but that just puts the last nail in the coffin for me and David's Bridal.
  6. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I can iron...I just don't. Life's too short to iron anything that isn't a dress shirt that's going to be under intense scrutiny (job interviews, etc). Ironing sheets? Hell no.
  7. fascination

even when cutting back, dh's shirts still go to the cleaner....
  8. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

My Mom used to spend hours at the ironing board when I was a kid. We didn't have a clothes dryer, so everything came off the line wrinkled. Thank goodness for dryers and modern fabrics.
  9. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

I just went buck wild buying non iron slacks today, so I'm not one to throw stones. But there's still a difference between "I hate ironing so I don't do it" and "how do I turn this thing on? And, like, what do I do once it's on???"

Fun story: my aunt used to iron my uncle's underwear...thankfully she has better things to do with her time now.
  10. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I can't say anything about their practices, but my sister got a beautiful dress off the rack for $99 and it didn't need any alterations (besides the bustle, which we put in ourselves) and she was perfectly happy with it.
  11. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I think that's a generational thing. My mother used to iron bedsheets and pillowcases. Heh, most of the time, I don't even make the bed. The linens are "being aired out".
  12. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Good for her. I just have never been a fan.
  13. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

You must be a Fed contractor. Sounds like the billable hours a buddy has to make up for DC being wankers.
  14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Yep, that's exactly what the problem is. Idiots knew months ago that we were approaching our task order ceiling. The PM we work for did everything to get attention on the issue, but it didn't help. Next month it's going to happen to another contractor.
  15. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I feel you, cornutt. I was lucky enough to be carried on overhead for a couple of weeks when I went through exactly the same issue just a month or two ago.
    cornutt likes this.
  16. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I hate it when I spontaneously wake up at like 4am, wide enough awake that I seriously consider just going ahead and getting up. And then I convince my body to go back to sleep only to have it pretty much scream in protest when my alarm goes off an hour later. Stupid body.
  17. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I hate that. I woke up at 2 am, 4 am, and then with my alarm at 5 am. Snoozed for 15 minutes then and turned off my alarm intending to get up. Closed my eyes for just a second and all of a sudden it was 5:40 am. On the plus side, the jolt of panic as I think I've totally overslept really woke me up, but still not a good morning.
  18. fascination

hate that also ...and that was last night...so far, this day has been dreadful.....taking a nap...right now
  19. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

One week away, and partner still hasn't found his dancewear for The Giant Fundraiser. His partner has a gorgeous, sparkling smooth gown, and he's going to have to cobble together black pants, black shirt, and a vest with a red tie. I hate living in the middle of nowhere as far as dancing supplies/dancewear/etc. goes, and we can't afford some of the bigger names to "just order it".
  20. raindance

raindance Active Member

If there is another guy around that feeling generous and is approximately his size, maybe he can "just borrow it". Everything but the red tie is pretty standard dance apparel.