Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

*sigh*

I was making a joke. You know, suggesting that I had no familiarity with normal people?

Duly noted, mindputtee.
    RiseNFall likes this.
  2. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

yes, i know of nor care for the humour of strangers...
  3. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

4. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Normally, I get sick once a year- it's a month-long dragged-out thing of one week of bad stuff, then lingering gunk and funk (of the head, that is, to be clear). This year, I've had a sore throat and an ear infection three times already. At least I got to eat at one of my favorite places tonight before my smell and taste died partway through a french-toast donut twist.
  5. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

Got up early, but then it's not bothering me really.
  6. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I flippin' hate samba.

Why is it a thing. Please ban samba. We can do another dance to that type of music. Without fail, every lesson that starts with samba will be a bad one. Ugh.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

it will get better :)
  8. Loki

Loki Active Member

My daily routine.
  9. Loki

Loki Active Member

Heathen.
    j_alexandra and Sania like this.
  10. Hedwaite

But samba is SO much fun to watch when done badly. So says anybody ever watching me dance samba...
    dancelvr and cornutt like this.
  11. Hedwaite

Whine: I can't stand it when people use their kids' pictures as their own avatar. Granted, I don't use my real face anywhere, but I don't want to be arrested for torture- I'm being proactive.
  12. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Active Member

I love Samba… of course, I can't dance it at all, but it is on my wish list. (Me at a competition, said wistfully: "I'ld give a lot to be able to do the Samba." Instructor, who overheard me: "How much?")
  13. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I've had more allergy problems so far this spring than I've had in at least a decade. I've gone through a whole box of Benedryl and I'm probably going to need at least one more. Weather forecast here projects that on Tuesday pollen will be in the "extreme" range. I can't wait. :rolleyes:
  14. cornutt

Major issues with Comcast's billing. They're trying to charge me for all of the inside wiring that I installed and maintain myself. And they are charging us for all of the non-functioning DVR's they sent us.
  15. Hedwaite

Comcast is a nightmare here. Outages and bad customer service all the time.
  16. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Comcast is bad here too. They rip people off who "bundle" their services...big time. Luckily, we have no Comcast where I live, so I'm on satellite.
  17. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Today was supposed to be a day off for me. Instead, I spent about 10 hours at my computer, and on the phone, talking to my Union president, researching related cases, writing emails, and creating documentation to try and stop something from happening at work, which I'm not even sure I can. And, I still have to do laundry, clean litter boxes and feed kitties dinner, and bleach my hair before I can go to bed, get up in the morning, and drive in to my wonderful job.

These are first world problems, I admit, but....I'm tired and cranky.
  18. Loki

Loki Active Member

I've heard that from many people.
  19. Loki

Loki Active Member

Send the cats to me. Tasty!
    Joe likes this.
  20. cornutt

We don't have a lot of outages, but the signal level at our demarc has always been borderline, and I've always had to use an amplifier to get a decent signal level in the house. When the last tech "fixed" my wiring, he had everything chained off of a bunch of splitters, and I had to put it all back the way it was in order for any of the digital adapter boxes to work. From now on, no tech is setting foot in my house again; if we have a problem, he can check it at the demarc and if it's good I'll take it from there. And yes, I cringe whenever I have to interact with customer service for anything.