Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Every. Single. Time. I go to our local McDonald's to order a (small, even!) Shamrock Shake, I get some excuse as to why they can't produce one. Ugh. Here's hoping today I get my fix.
  2. Hedwaite

I get anxiety issues when I have to call tech support for anything via phone, because they always bounce it over to Mumbai, and they can't read anything in English unless it's from a script on their computer screen.
  3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Considering what's in them, they might be doing you a favor.
  4. Hedwaite

Meh, I don't usually care. I just wanted the minty vanilly goodness because I've been dealing with this changing weather/allergies throat funk.
  5. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

At least it's spring where you are... it snowed here yesterday, and today it's -20C. I feel like spring is NEVER COMING.
  6. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Another open inspection this weekend with less than a week notice, and landlord has informed us that the fact that I was in the middle of sewing and washing my clothes was unacceptable - "there was sewing stuff and clothing all over the rooms and if that continues we will have to evict you"

Mate if you insist on interrupting our life every two weeks and expect a showhome standard house, I'm gonna evict myself. Bye.
  7. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

You might wanna research local renters' rights and see if he can even threaten that...sounds like he's definitely stepping over the line based on US laws.
  8. Lioness

Either way, it looks like we're leaving. Don't want to deal with the PITA that is this real estate agent.

And more dramas, housemate has horses, and has to visit the stables twice a day. She has to stay in the outer north eastern suburbs...still 40-60 minutes drive from everything I do - dance, work, next year's uni. And BF wants to keep the household together for affordability reasons and friends. Just seems like I'm the one doing all the compromising here. If I suggest inner west BF says "I'll have to drive 20 minutes to work!!"...like he doesn't already do that now. Other housemate wants to stay close to his mum because he's 25 and she still does his washing.

Ugh.
  9. stash

stash Well-Known Member

20 minutes is nothing. My fiancè has a 1hr commute everyday into work, for an 8mi (12ish km) drive.
  10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

it's plenty if you are paying gas and funds are limited...but I doubt that is the issue
  11. Lioness

Eh. 20 minutes is what he drives now...he whines "buuuut peak hour traffic". When you start work at 5am and finish at 12? I don't think so.

But it turns out that housemate with horses may be moving in with her parents to save up for a house, so maybe all our issues are not a problem and we can move wherever.
    Dancing Irishman and stash like this.
  12. Hedwaite

The sore throat I had has now progressed to a chest cold. Just in time for The Evening this Saturday. Hooray.

Bonus: Dance partner has it now, too!
  13. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Carrying a whine over from the food journal thread:

I am getting really tired of everyone around me monitoring my food intake. Half the camp is worried that I'm getting too thin, and the other half seems to be applying their own bizzare relationship rules with food to what/when I eat. I feel like it comes up in discussion every single day, and has for about 6 weeks. I'm starting to develop a complex, especially around the studio, when it comes to eating. Not good.

I am in the healthy range for my weight. I have dropped several inches lately, but the last time I checked, total weight loss was only about 4lbs. I eat well, and often. This means mostly fruits, veggies, lean meats, dairy, whole grains... in 5 meals a day, totalling roughly 2500 calories (some days a fair bit more if I'm especially active, some days less). My daily calorie allowance means that if I want to eat a cookie, I have a cookie. As long as 80%+ of the stuff I take in is from the "healthy" camp, I'm happy.

I think this makes me someone with a reasonable, healthy, normal approach to food. To those who really have to watch what they eat, I'm sorry that my metabolism is a good one, but I am not going to hide the fact that I eat or manage to make it through 3+ hours of dance without a snack. To those who are convinced there is a medical issue, as "no one should eat that much and be dropping inches", well, see metabolism comment above. Things have been checked, and everything's fine. I guess dancing 15-20 hours a week makes some impact.

And that was a long whine. Guess it's been building :)
  14. Hedwaite

I usually tell anybody trying to appoint themselves my nutritionist to kiss my knat- online or off.
    FancyFeet likes this.
  15. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Ugh that is the worst, FancyFeet. As long as you are healthy, people should quit making comments and mind their own business.
    FancyFeet likes this.
  16. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Allergies are absolutely killing me today. Had to take a Benedryl at work, and then I could barely keep my eyes open this afternoon.
  17. Hedwaite

Glad this is a short teaching week. I have no voice. Since it's performance-time at home studio, the floor is chaos, and some really rude people crank up their music, either on portable players, or just on their phones, "so as not to bother our class"- so we still have to scream to be heard. That's okay, nobody likes Bust Your Windows cranked loud enough to rattle the windows for level one tango. They cleared out pretty quickly. I don't think when I die people will honestly be able to say "But she was such a nice person..."
    Dancing Irishman likes this.
  18. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Without knowing the floor setup, I can't believe someone would actually play music so they could practice at the same time as a group class. For Pete's sake, at least use bluetooth headphones!

In other news, why does work never end? There's so. Much. Of. It!
  19. Lioness

Why are there whole shops dedicated to men's business fashion yet I have to go to 15 shops to find a collared shirt.

And then I find it it does the buttonhole gape and is too big at the waist. Argh.
  20. Hedwaite

We had the problem of finding partner dancewear- no such thing as formalwear in stores anymore (except for the obvious and over-priced specialty shops), because it's now some kind of a crime to dress up to go out anywhere. He found a vest on ebay, which I hope fits, as we have three days to go.