Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Sania

Sania Active Member

So sorry!

2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Housemates found a house. Now to fend off the growing doubt that nowhere will take me and BF.

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Did the labels read "hunny"? :D

4. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Food for thought.

5. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

your gown weighs 10 kilos????? holy crap. I'm never whining about mine again.

6. Aura

Aura Active Member

[beginning of money rant]

Please correct me if I'm wrong in my thinking here, but the hair-splitting, penny-pinching habits at university are really starting to grate my nerves.

I'm on a detoxification diet, part of a larger lifestyle change. I'm happy I only live around 20-30 minutes away from home because I can take meals to campus. There was no point when I first moved on campus to bring silverware because I ate at the cafeteria before the change, and now I bring meals. Therefore, I often grab plastic utensils from around campus to eat my meals. No harm done. Surely, the university won't mind me using them compared to other expenses.

Wrong. I was grabbing a plastic fork this morning near one of the food stations when the cashier taps me on the shoulder. Apparently, I'm not allowed to take the plastic utensils because that's only for the people that buy coffee there. (Who needs a fork for coffee anyway?) The cashier had talked to her boss and he/she said that this wasn't allowed. They pay for those utensils, and she's seen people grab fistfuls of sugar packets for their coffee, too.

My parents pay a crap-load of money for me to go to school here, and plastic utensils aren't included in that? I understand getting upset because people are stealing large amounts of sugar, but I only want one fork for my meals. Is that so much to ask? Just give me a [bleeping] fork! :mad:

[end money rant]

P.S.: I'm probably overreacting, but I'm also running on a little over four hours of sleep.

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

not enough calories, will a crab make...:)

let me also say that often the food providers are sub-contracted....they are not the beneficiaries of your massive tuition bill...that being said, they are probably unwise to discourage your acquisition of one fork as whatever you do occasionally buy there is now in jeopardy...but, in fairness, you would be shocked to see whhat some people feel entitled to gather without a purchase

8. fascination

if you have questions you can pm me....if not I won't take offense

9. fascination

nasal passages are still recovering from dry mountain air...will spare the details, but definitely need to buy some vasiline...just gross....and not relenting...grandbaby was worth it...but still

10. Lioness

not liking that tulle dresses and pajama-style latin shirts are back in style. Not a fan.

11. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Pajama style latin shirts? Trying to visualize what that even looks like.

12. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

13. Lioness

Can't find any great pictures, but instead of all tucked in they go over the pants a little bit, tunic-style.

Found a pic:

image.jpg

14. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

blech

Lioness likes this.
  15. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

The line between "nice" and "tool" used to not be as blurry.

j_alexandra likes this.
  16. Hedwaite

And I hate those stupid pajama tops. It says "sparkly, but lazy."

17. Lioness

"I was running late for my event so I just cut the bottom off my designer dressing gown and used that"

cornutt likes this.
  18. fascination

the shirt: depends on the guy....it can be very good or very bad
    tulle; yet another style that only looks good if you are tiny

19. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

FTFY ;)

I like the tunic style tops, but think they look better when they are double breasted and not that open.

Dancing Irishman and Sania like this.
  20. Hedwaite

The last one I saw, I wanted to wear over black dance pants to teach in. As it stands now, I have one of those open-fronted black three-quarter-length over-tops that I've worn almost out, because it makes okay lines people can see, but also, I can wear all the tops that would otherwise show my immense fatness if I didn't wear it over them to hide.