Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Mine's usually good about not using his claws. But he gets jealous if I spend too long talking on the phone. He'll bat it out of my hands and not be too terribly careful with his claws in the process.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I almost prefer the scratches...they go away...once the shirt is ruined, the shirt isruined
  3. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Have to spend all day re certifying for advanced cardiac life support... Would rather be doing hot yoga or dance or running
  4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Rejected for all the houses we've applied for so far :-(

At least this real estate agent is trying really hard to get us into a place. Being young with pets and part time jobs is not helping our case.
  5. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Got a hole (well, a series of small holes) in my favourite pair of pants to wear for dance. Awesome because they FIT and the slim legs meant they work well for nights I dance both standard and latin. Sadly, the material gave way on the butt, beside the seam... meaning not sure if I can fix it given the location. Think they'd just been washed way too often and are done. Hope I can find a suitable, reasonably-priced replacement :(
  6. JudeMorrigan

International shipping is irritatingly expensive. I mean, rationally I know it's actually pretty remarkable that I can have something delivered to the other side of the Atlantic in a matter of days. But it's still yet another reason to shop domestically the next time I make a major dancewear purchase.
    Lioness likes this.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I hate it when the perfect pair of dance pants have to go to clothing heaven....so hard to find stuff that works just right
    FancyFeet likes this.
  8. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Ugh, timely. I'm down to one GOOD pair of black dance pants, and two "meh" pair. Of course, I wear things forever and ever, so by the time I try to replace them, they no longer make that style, or it's no longer that price.
  9. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I seriously need to stop looking at houses for rent. Found a dream house to rent now. But my fiancé's lease isn't up until August. Shm. I know it won't be on the market that long. :(
  10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Back and forth with Brackley's?
  11. JudeMorrigan

Indeed, although hopefully this'll be the last time. I will say that things are looking better than the last time I groused about it. After looking over the pictures I sent them, they were more willing to do some of the more significant alterations that I'd hoped for.
    stash likes this.
  12. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Megabus is lame and left over an hour late.
  13. Lioness

Had my mind made up that I was going to sell my piano. Will save me moving it to the new house and trying to find space for it. I haven't played it in 8 months and I'm way out of practise.

OTOH I just played it and I think I've fallen in love with it all over again. I don't know what to do. If I keep it I could maybe make some money by doing kids lessons, but it's $150 to move it and I'd only be able to keep it in a ground floor room with a huge window/door, next to an ensuite and the laundry.

Also, when the hell did BF decide that bluegrass was a good music to fall asleep to. Whyyyyyy.
  14. Lioness

Trying not to be cranky that housemate was playing with sparklers inside last night and they burnt holes in BFs nice rug.

But I'm sure as he'll not happy about it.
  15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

How about a digital piano? Or maybe a piano plug-in for your computer and an 88-key controller?
  16. Lioness

Ehhhhhhhhh. I'll just wait until I'm rich and buy a lovely new upright to go in my lovely new house.

I think I've found a buyer for my piano...and realistically even if I only sell it for $150, that's $300 more I'll have in my pocket because I won't have to move it to the new place. And I just bought a new camera lens, so extra money is pretty helpful.
  17. Lioness

Oh boy. Told BF. Rug is not his...it belongs to the house. Housemate just damaged a $1400 rug the week before we are due to move out and it is all gonna be coming from his part of the bond. And then some.
  18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You guys sure know how to pick 'em.
  19. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

That's what they told Les Paul and Chet Atkins.
    Joe and cornutt like this.
  20. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Who puts a $1400 rug in a rental property?? :confused:
    Dancing Irishman, Loki, stash and 3 others like this.