Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Cal

Cal Active Member

Just when I start thinking that maybe, just maybe, a stressful period in my life is finally diminishing - wham. Stress-related hair loss. It even has a name: telogen effluvium. My hair is thinning at an alarming rate. I wish that I'd been aware of the possibility so that I could have mentally prepared for it, instead of having this seemingly trivial condition be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I know, I know - it's just hair and it will grow back eventually. But right now, it ain't pretty.
  2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

New house is wonderful, but our bedroom has a balcony, and the blinds do not do a good job at keeping light out. I sleep during the day 5/7 days a week so it looks like I'll have to get a sleep mask.

Also BF is wonderful at throwing me curveballs. Apparently scared of commitment but comes out with "I think we should talk about combining finances". Say what? Yes that would make sense now that we're into our third year living together, but aren't you supposed to do the whole engagement thing before that? How is getting married terrifying but joint money isn't?

Love him, but his mind works in strange ways.
  3. Loki

Loki Active Member

Cuz if you're not married, he can walk away with no legal hassles.
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my goodness.....it is time for life to hand you a break...hug
  5. Cal

Cal Active Member

LOL!!! Life handing me a break seemed to start my present stress, so I sure hope that doesn't happen again! I'm going to be giggling over that for days! (No worries - I know exactly what you meant, but every so often I deliberately misread things in order to indulge my sometimes dark sense of humor.) But seriously - I appreciate the pick-me-up. Thanks!
  6. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I got the wrong string-cheese. :(
  7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Or you can use your newfound sewing skills to make blackout curtains...
    Sania likes this.
  8. Loki

Loki Active Member

I hate it when that happens.
  9. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Probably got 3 hours of sleep last night because my stomach decided not to feel well... shm... And of course it's the night I decided to go home instead of going to my fiance's place to sleep. Summer can't come soon enough.
  10. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Studio just moved an event date again without checking that the people that run said event are available, which is why it needed to move from the rescheduled date. Why can they not ask the freaking question and stop assuming everyone that helps out is free every Saturday night? Grr.

Studio has also cancelled a class for the last 2 weeks due to "scheduling issues". I've been there both nights the class was cancelled for practice - there was no issue last week, and this week the instructor taught a private during the time. At least this week we were notified the day before... last week I was already in the car on the way to the studio.

Stuff like this really makes me irritated - especially on top of the recent policy changes. And then when the owners ask why attendance is low, I have to work really hard to not reach across the table with a face-smack. I'm one of the most dedicated students they have, and if I'm thinking about taking at least some classes elsewhere despite the quality of instruction offered where I am, there's a real problem.
    nikkitta likes this.
  11. fascination

best to level with them
  12. Hedwaite

That's a problem I've noticed with GREAT instruction- other things around that one positive deteriorate, almost as if they (subconsciously or otherwise) think they can coast on that alone. Sometimes, though, it just isn't enough.
  13. FancyFeet

It seems to occur in cycles. Things with respect to scheduling and planning were terrible before Christmas. I said something, and things got better for a while, but they're bad again. Am currently pondering whether I want to a) speak up again, and at regular intervals, b) shut up and deal or c) start doing some of my learning somewhere where the instructors may not be as good but my need for structure and planning is met.
  14. Hedwaite

Everyone's singing the praises of Ballroom Beats, and I guess I'm the weirdo for just not feeling the love. I can see where it has its uses for people needing labeled music who don't have any, but inevitably, I guess I just like my own music collection in-hand.
  15. Hedwaite

Dancing's going well enough again, but I'm reallyreallyreally hoping I can plan one of those "just GTFO for the weekend" excursions, either traveling to teach, dancing for fun, a combination, or even just because whatever destination town has some restaurant we don't have here.
  16. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Ex-housemates now sending passive aggressive messages every day about cleaning the old place. I'm working all week...I'll be there 3 days straight over the long weekend...leave me alone.

And a sort of not really a whine...opportunity for a try out with a new partner, but he's a bit of a douche. Still gonna try though.
  17. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Here's hoping your tryout leaves you feeling fresh, like a spring breeze . . . .

Could be a whine, could be a Jimmy Buffett song: Looks like I've got me a one-way ticket to Comboverville.
    Loki and Joe like this.
  18. Sania

Sania Active Member

Go with Jimmy Buffett - maybe you can found a chain of tourist restaurants in the Caribbean :cool:
  19. FancyFeet

New shoes came in (yay). The whine part: thinking that the recommendation to order latins in a NN was not so good. Those suckers are tight.. debating on whether to exchange for an N. How much do the straps stretch exactly?
  20. fascination

gah....something electrical going on...it is going to be pricey...I know it