Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

What are the symptoms?

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I thought we had more erosion in the fuse box......we get that because it is in the garage...and because it is an old box and all...because I had turned the affected one on and off and it didn't want to be flipped back on....but somehow or another, the way he flipped it, it went back on....derp....I have never had it not go on when I re-flip it...shrug...but we also had an outlet that needed to be re-wired in another area so it wasn't an entire waste...am just relieved b/c the last time they were out there was some rumbling about replacing the entire panel...and I remember it being a pretty impressive number $$...but we are still okay...

3. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I really can't stand feeling obligated to add someone to facebook with insanely conflicting moral views, and then feeling like I have to endure their repetitive sanctimonious post-abortion fetus pictures.

And that's why I won't anymore. Whine solved.

4. fascination

oh my...well, I don't know how you'd know ahead of time unless you were creeping their page....and if you were creeping their page ahead of time and found what they posted to be objectionable, I don't know why you'd feel conflicted about ignoring their request (?)....I have kept my friends to about 80 and that is down from about 300 at one time...i also make it pretty hard for people to find me....I don't keep people who don't interact, because I am not friending people who simply want to keep tabs on me, and I also don't feel at all conflicted about parting with people whose daily practices on fb turn fb into an unhappy place for me...if I really like them or I feel some other sort of pull not to unfriend them, I simply stop recieving their notifications...in which case, I never see crap that offends me unless I seek it out....shrug....

5. Hedwaite

And I wasn't clear. People whom i know from work, etc. send me friend requests so i can update them on classes, send project material , etc. but also have an affinity for ridiculous memes. and shock awareness posts . Not sure where i indicated pagestalkin, but anyway, hooray for weeding. and stuff.

6. fascination

naw...didn't mean to say you creep ....was saying you SHOULD before you accept :)

7. fascination

I have accepted a few folks for work reasons as well, and not checked into them enough first.....now I just put them on restricted status and don't get their notifications....it spares everyone....

Hedwaite likes this.
  8. fascination

but it depends on the degree of annoyance...some stuff I find ignorable, other stuff, well, dealbreaker

9. Hedwaite

Ah, gotcha. I was in the middle of three different things there. I can put up with a lot of stuff- it's their wall, their opinions... but when they keep posting graphic images of violence, sickness, etc., it turns my stomach. I know their argument is "But see? It made you stop and pay attention to the cause!" Yeah, but only to think "Man, what d*ck would post that? I'm eating here!" because it's me, and I'm always eating. And they're usually the same people who take objection to someone using the term "smack dat *ss" in reference to choreography (it was a foxtrot... it's complicated, but I guess 'make it pop' could have been acceptable, too).

But yes, lesson learned- check them out beforehand, and when in doubt, direct them to the business/dance alerts page, OR add them and restrict everything coming and going except for important, relevant announcements. Otherwise, every time they have a pyramid scam party (sex toys, green coffee bean/raspberry diet crap, I think Excel is even still going around here), I get an invite and have to explain without telling the truth why I can't participate.

10. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Stupid work-schedule-impacting April severe weather. Grr.

11. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Work has brought in new tickets for the bakery trays that snap off when you pull the trays off.

Thanks for letting me know beforehand...now you have broken tickets and I don't care

Working 48 hours thus week. Exhausted.

12. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

My kitty has been in the hospital for two nights now.:( I miss him so much! My poor baby!:(:(:(:(

13. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Some people are just freaking unbelievable. I am so angry right now that I am literally shaking.

Trying to hold off on sending back an e-mail blast that I will regret. (It's drafted, but I'm self-imposing a two hour cool-down period.) I'm currently enjoying myself by imagining all sorts of evil actions - that I will never do - that I could take to get this person what's coming to them. Someday it will catch up with them.

14. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. *hug*

15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Please tell me it's not a Federal Pacific or a Zinsco.

16. fascination

I have no idea...I will go look tomorrow....

17. Hedwaite

Whine: I have a bag of chips, but no sandwich.

18. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Yeah, I killed my FB and started another just to follow certain businesses. I think I have at most 5 FB friends now. Suits me fine.

19. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

cash em in and buy a sammich.

20. fascination

yup...we started using fb to follow our son when he was in Africa...because it was hard to reach him and we were literally kind of interested in confirming his aliveness... neither of us knew much about fb at the time and were too quick to friend everyone who asked as a way of being polite and friendly....as time went on, that seemed to be too much exposure...I am pretty sure I have unintentionally offended a whole bunch of people....but that wasn't my intent...I just kind of want that circle of communication to be really small....so I made it so