Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's a nice little comp. I usually make it to that one, but this year the timing was off. :(
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

well...I am on comp hiatus this year....but....the future remains open
  3. dancelvr

Me too, for the most part. Finances are what they are. I'm going to try to get to a comp in Oct, but if not.... none for me this year. *sigh*
  4. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

A friend leans over to me during dinner and mumbles while looking at a pack of terrors: "You need about five of those, don't you?"

I reply "You're right, actually. How did you know I was running out of compost?"

End of discussion.
    dancelvr and cornutt like this.
  5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

BF is not equipped for new house living. Oh the toilet's blocked? Well the water eventually drains out so no problems, I'll flush more stuff down there.

Good thing we have three toilets because what the hell.

Also the cats are pooping next to the litter tray and the older cat is just generally diarrhoea-ing all over the garage.

And to top it all off, I have a cranky uterus and a mood swing from hell. I'm going to bed.
  6. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

okay, this is just getting ridiculous. 12 May 2014:
    12 May 2014 (2).jpg
  7. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I sent my coat back to Brackleys for alterations several weeks ago. Said package is now being returned to sender as unclaimed. I love throwing money away. Gah, this has been a miserable experience.
  8. Hedwaite

Hey Jude, don't feel so sad,
    Just scrap that bad coat, and go buy better.
    Remember not to screw with Brackley's
    And then next time, your dancewear'll be better?
    sbrnsmith, nikkitta and cornutt like this.
  9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Whine on behalf of my DW (and a lot of other people)... She bought two pairs of jeans from Coldwater Creek a few weeks ago. Today she went to the local Coldwater Creek store... only to find that the chain has declared bankruptcy and they are no longer accepting any returns. All stores are being closed this month. So a lot of CC employees are out of their jobs, and my DW is out $55 for jeans that don't fit.
  10. Hedwaite

Yeah, I found that out awhile back, and that totally bummed me. It was in my RSS feed or on facebook, I think, I forget now. That was awfully sudden. Something similar happened with one of our Italian restaurants. It's a St. Louis chain with crappy customer service, but this guy just stuck a note on the door "Sorry, closed, I can't afford to stay open." I'm holding a gift-card, so I email the company. No answer. I call. Runaround and hang up. I call AGAIN. And get snotty. So my gift card will now be honored at whichever location I choose. I also sent a followup email "Thanks SO much for your quick response and courteous service" because I'm a sarcastic cow like that.

Although, now, I wonder what kind of discounts they're marking at the CC north of us... hmm...
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  11. Hedwaite

Whine: my phone takes crappy pictures.
  12. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Professors who think a 10 page single spaced paper is ok to assign... Ugh I don't know if I can turn my topic into something that long...
  13. dancelvr

Ouch.
    stash likes this.
  14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You can single-space an 18 pt font. :)
    Sania likes this.
  15. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Not when the directions say 12pt...
  16. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Meh, I seem to recall that my papers rarely, if ever, hit the minimum length in university. As long as you cover the topic, and present a structured argument, you should be fine. Better to be short, concise and focussed than pad with cr*p :)
    Sania, stash and nikkitta like this.
  17. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Danceshopper.com takes soooo long to ship the order
  18. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

That is why Word gives you kerning adjustments. ;)
    Sania likes this.
  19. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Person who is meant to start at 6am in my 12-8 shift is always an hour and a half early. "Oh I'll just start now and finish earlier". Nope. We need you here until 9. Go away.

Also she's the most annoying person I've ever met, I'm working night shift because I like to be alone, and now I have to talk to her for longer AND I don't get anything done. And she complains about nothing being done when she arrives...of course not, because I've still got 1.5 hours to do all this extra stuff.

Also I'm getting sick AND PMSing AND we still don't have internet after 3 weeks at our new place because internet companies keep screwing us around. First one wanted to charge a $300 connection fee without telling us beforehand. We told then to get stuffed and cancelled our service. Second one has been awesome at the customer service level, but their installation tech is unreliable. First time he has to reschedule because he had something else on. Then he was 2 hours late the next day, and didn't have the equipment he needed even though we told him it was a 3 storey place. He said he'd be back at 10am the next morning...didn't show up. "Oops I forgot". We rang customer service to complain. They called him and told him off. Told him to rung us back at 7pm to reschedule again...he didn't call. Customer service will be giving him an official warning tomorrow. But it's looking like he may be booked out until next week. Not happy.

This week has sucked so much.
  20. Hedwaite

I think I may have died for the past at least ten hours. Stomach flu came through, beat me until I puked my toenails up, and I think it may have just left. I wonder if I still have glitter stuck in my esophagus.