Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I don't like it when someone suprises me in a negative way with their behavior. I just wasn't expecting it. Kind of makes me consider changing my opinion of them, and that would be a very bad thing.

2. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Echoing Wannabee's whine- when people do this, it's so disappointing.

3. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I leave work to go get coffee. Come back and within minutes of re-entering the building the congestion and headache starts. Frickin dust.

4. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Dancepartner dot com, what the heck...?

I get periodic notices of matches and "who viewed you" etc., and now you can't even look at anyone's complete profile without paying a fee?!? How would I know anyone is worth contacting (and spending $$$ to do so) if I CAN'T READ THE PROFILE FIRST?

Sania and Lioness like this.
  5. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

That must be a really new thing, 'cause I'm on that site, and can look at any profile I want. Weird!

However, it's been my experience that this site is not worth paying for in general. I've never paid, and I never will.

Sania likes this.
  6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

cornutt likes this.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I think a glass of wine would work just as nicely

cornutt likes this.
  8. nikkitta

Only [​IMG]Silver and [​IMG]Gold Members, or those with a Token Balance, may view member comments

I just logged in with a different account, and I still get this message. Hmmm....
    Agree it's not worth what they are asking for fees. I think I only paid twice, when I had a number of potential partners I wanted to contact. The other times there was enough information in the profiles or photos for me to track the person down via other means ;)

dancelvr likes this.
  9. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Dancepartner.com is pretty ridiculous.

The problem that I had bothering me for awhile and blissfully left a few weeks ago has returned, like herpes. I can't stand this. I have way too much going on that I didn't ask for right now that could impact my students and how they feel about me handed down from higher-ups, someone I was counting on for something flaked out on me, and now I have to field this idiot's crap again.

10. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Yep, quite irksome now that I'm back in the market for a standard partner (kind of...part of me thinks 2 partners to juggle is plenty!). Oh well, I've had more success with the grassroots method anyhow...

11. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Psst...come to Australia. I need a standard partner.

nikkitta likes this.
  12. nikkitta

What part of the world are you in, Dancing Irishman? :D

Whine: the car in front of me was the last one the traffic cop decided to let through before stopping and letting all of the other cars go. Had to wait. And wait. And wait.

13. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

If only intercontinental partnerships could work...

Sania likes this.
  14. Cal

Cal Active Member

Road construction season. Now TWO bridges are out of commission between home and work, so I have to detour around my detour.

15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

So I kept my eating reasonable last weekend, did a hour's worth of workout today. Afterwards, I went to go weigh myself to see how I'm doing and... the gym's scale is broken. :(

16. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

We can Skype it, right? :p

17. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Noooooo! Woke up with a sinus headache and a bit of a sore throat. I can't be sick. Comp is in a little over a week, pro is just back after a month away, and there's still work to be done. Freaking out a little (or a lot).

Bring on the immune boosters, tea with honey, orange juice and naps. I am NOT getting sick.

18. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I was shockingly careless in the kitchen night before last and splashed some hot oil on my finger. I don't mean just a drop or two of spattered either. It was unpleasant enough when the skin was just red and angry. It's peeling now. So long as I keep it clean, I don't think there's any actual danger with it, but egads, is this unpleasant!

19. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Really, seriously crappy day at work. That is all.

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member