Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Right... Cuz that's a great way to treat guests at the wedding you invited them too....
  2. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

That's what we did for my sister's wedding, but we're a very DIY family. My uncle would have been offended if he hadn't been asked to help and my aunt asked to do the flowers as her bridal gift.
    Purr likes this.
  3. stash

stash Well-Known Member

My family doesn't work that way, and it would be rude to expect his family, who has to come down from buffalo and cali to do that as well.
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

what is her excuse?....I would be worried that she had damaged it and was trying to get it repaired....or....wanted to dance more that the event she told you about in it.....
  5. mindputtee

I've seen her a couple times at practice and she had said she just kept forgetting to bring it. I didn't care until I needed it back and she was being difficult about that. She hasn't danced at any of the events I can think of that she might have since then, I think she honestly did just keep forgetting, though the thought that it's been damaged definitely crossed my mind. She's been interested in buying the dress before, and I've even offered it to her at a discount since she's rented it at least 3 times. It looks like I'm going to get it back Saturday, just in time for the fitting Sunday, but it required some poking. I was hoping to get it in time to wash and dry and have it all fresh for the prospective new owner, but this may have to do.
  6. fascination

that would be the last time she wears it....very inconsiderate....
  7. mindputtee

Or maybe I'll just raise the rental price... $50 is pretty cheap anyhow.
  8. fascination

9. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

For the quality of gowns you make? I'd certainly say so.
  10. mindputtee

:shy: Thank you. I was afraid to ask for more initially because I made it and so I don't think others would pay as much as for a big name or "professional" gown, though now I've made enough for other people I could probably be considered a "professional".
  11. raindance

raindance Active Member

Your rental fee should also be enough to make it worth it to you - for your time and effort (getting the dress to and from the renter, cleaning, etc), the general wear and tear to the dress, and the risk to your dress (hopefully minimal, but accidents happen). I haven't seen your gowns in person, but from the photos you have posted here, they look like they are worth a "normal" rental fee from a dress rental company.
  12. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I am sore and tired and am already stretch thinly enough that more caffeine would be a bad idea. Tempting though it is.
  13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Nevermind the hassle getting them back from recalcitrant renters. :rolleyes:
  14. mindputtee

I am happy to announce the dress has been recovered from the renter and appears to not have been harmed in any way!
  15. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

You've just described my least favorite feeling...possibly only surpassed by the dreaded caffeine jitters.
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  16. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I never had caffeine jitters, and I drink a slightly above-average amount of caffeine. I had one short Monsterccino of sorts one time, and didn't sip it. It was scary-feeling. I do NOT know how people can take drugs TO get that feeling for FUN.
    j_alexandra likes this.
  17. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Scanner at work is not working.... And I have a giant pile of things to scan... Hopefully the amazing IT guy can come and fix it. I hate windows computers...
  18. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

New internet company only gives bills about a week overdue before they cut you off...this is a huge difference from every other utilities company which gives a month before sending even the first overdue notice.

Also I am so tired of working 6 days a week. I never see BF, I don't have time to finish the dress I'm making for my friend before august, and I'm mentally exhausted. Have expressed this to my manager and now he's gone and hired two new people, one of whom is on a 25 hour contract, so I'll probably lose all my hours.

Not happy and life is not looking so great at the moment.
  19. mindputtee

Mmm... really good mango. My face is probably going to break out from it (allergy) but it was worth it.
  20. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Had a really big spider that I successfully killed, albeit with quite the loud soundtrack. On the upside, none of my neighbors called the cops, which is good because it would have been embarrassing to explain that there was a spider and no murderer attacker/etc involved. OTOH, if said murderer was actually a problem, I now know nobody would call the cops.

Going to go drink some tea and hope my hands stop shaking soon
    Dancing Irishman likes this.