Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

It's so soothing! But at the same times just slightly creepy.

2. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

My exec and I spent ALL AFTERNOON trying to get me flight reservations to Denmark. How can it be so hard to get a Government fare to that country??? Government fare to China? Sure, no problem. But Denmark seems near impossible.

3. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Found really cute shoes (blue and turquoise tweed slingbacks with a blue patent bow) in my closet this morning that I had forgotten I owned... which sounds like a happy thing, but now that I have them on, I remember why I don't wear them. Really needed to do some preventative taping to protect certain toes. Ouchie.

Maybe I need to start labelling the shoes in my closet so I know which ones require special measures like sockettes, tape, etc. (And yes, there are enough of them to merit some sort of tracking and organizational system).

Edited to add: And I'm also aware that there is a school of thought that says you shouldn't hang on to shoes that require you to tape your toes before wearing. People belonging to that school obviously don't understand the level of cute of these shoes.

dancelvr, mindputtee and stash like this.
  4. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Still haven't gotten paid for the last pay period... Because my boss couldn't get my extension in on time. She, of course, isn't in today. When her boss gets back to her office I'm going to ask about it.... Ugh... I hope to get out this office soon...

5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Found out I've been wearing my latin shoes too big...and my feet are not wide enough for wide fitting standard shoes.

Damnit I just spent $400 on shoes I can't afford to drop another $400 to replace almost brand new shoes.

6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Beach day and I'm trapped in the office for another two hours. #$%@!!!!

7. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Substitute teacher today for ballet class...just not as good as when the normal teach is there. Normal teacher is the best kind of hard*** and it's just hard for anyone else to replicate her style.

8. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Starting a sodium restricted diet tomorrow per doc's orders which will be rough I think because I don't even eat that much salt

9. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

pissed off at my friend or my teacher? no idea which, no idea what for.

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

aw...dislike

llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  11. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, things just have a way of disappointing you. It hurts so bad when you realize just how little you meant to people you trusted and how dispensible you truly were.

FancyFeet likes this.
  12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I feel your pain...trust me...I really do...it helps to focus on the people who really deserve your energy and who do love you

13. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Thanks fasc.

In other news, the hits just keep on coming. I woke up to a txt from a friend with more frustrating news. And this one will have me ticked off for days. I'm ready for things to go my way for a while. :mad:

14. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I have a screaming headache and I left my ibuprofen in the car. The gel caps seem to have fused together in the Alabama heat. These are useless to me.

15. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

I am extremely sorry your ibuprofen fused, but thank you for the warning!!! I usually buy tablets, somehow have a bottle of capsules, and frequently throw them in my dance bag which frequently stays in my car… just hadn't happened yet with this bottle!

16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Ice pick? :D

17. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

For my brain or for the lump o' ibuprofen?

;)

18. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Still not paid. It's been a week. Boss screwed up it looks like... She doesn't seem to care either... Yay........

19. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Was on the cosi website inputting purchases so I could get my rewards points even though their system was down, when I notice the total amounts don't add up. I ordered the exact same items (the line items show the same cost) and on the one I was charged an extra 28 cents out of nowhere (the subtotal is 28 cents higher) and then the tax was also higher. No idea why the charges are different.

20. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Long week at work is seriously cutting into my dance time....on the plus side, my team increases in size by 50 percent next week (ie we're getting one more person...on a team that should have 5) and I've been tasked with mentoring the new hire! :) (I've only been at the company a year, but I'm kind of really pumped for it)

So I guess this is a whine with a silver lining?