Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I've never waded into Twitter, but I'm mildly curious. Seems like it'd have less CRAP to deal with, but not enough of the other stuff I'm used to, like pages, groups, etc.
  2. stash

stash Well-Known Member

She got back to us a few hours after that post. Don't know if I'll reschedule or not yet...
  3. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Work is a four-letter word for a reason. Pretty much sums up my day.
  4. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Wild blackberries......the bane of my existence. I've got new growth that is trying to attack my house, and has grown almost three feet in the last two weeks! (I measured) Mutants, I tell ya!

I'll find some time next week to cut them all back.....yet again......
  5. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Oh yeah....and mandatory overtime...on my day off! Argh!! *sigh* I just keep telling myself that it's more money for....lessons! Gotta think positive, I suppose. First world problems, right? Ya gotta love 'em.
  6. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Little Drogo kept me up all night. At least my man was able to sleep... Note to self: play more with kitten to make him sleepy before bed.
    Sania likes this.
  7. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Too much work, not enough time.
  8. Hedwaite

Lol, you have a Drogo, I have a D'Argo.
    j_alexandra likes this.
  9. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

A moment of inattention while brushing my shoes yesterday, and I have a finger with a band-aid.

So stupid. And it hurts.
  10. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Don't know what's happening with this dude who said he'd take lessons with me. Latest news is that he has some other tryouts to do...

Who wants to move to Australia and dance with me??
  11. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

12. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

That's the feeling I'm getting...like I know he had hangups about my age but we've danced just fine together so far.
  13. Dancing Irishman

Not sure if I'm allowed to go all glass half full in the whining thread, but at least any misgivings he had about partnering with you (however petty they may be) came out now and not after months or years of emotional, financial, and temporal investment in a partnership.

And balancing that out with a whine...roommate (the same one who doesn't know how to iron for anyone tracking) definitely did not live up to his end of the bargain on moving / cleaning the joint areas as we move apartments...at least we're moving to a smaller place so if I do end up being the de facto maid again I have less square footage to clean (and no staircases, thank all that is holy).
  14. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Sigh… I'm feeling like a very negligent parent. My 19 year old son can wield a vacuum pretty well, but I don't think he could iron anything more complicated than a napkin.
  15. Hedwaite

Nikkita, I've been modsmacked for saying similar, but I still agree wholly.
  16. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

The prevalence of items that require a $35 purchase to get free shipping on makes Amazon Prime vastly less awesome than it used to be.
  17. Dancing Irishman

Really? I have yet to encounter this...is it their add-on items?
  18. Dancing Irishman

Never too late to fix it! (I didn't learn to iron til freshman year of college)

But he's still ahead of my roommate...dude couldn't figure out how to turn the thing on (there's one button).
  19. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

In theory, yes, but it seems to be way more common than it used to be. I was looking at cookbooks yesterday, and every single one I looked at required a $35 order for prime shipping. When it was the oddball $2 doodad that they didn't want to ship for free by itself, it was one thing. $20 books, on the other hand? That's whine-worthy for me.
  20. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Wait, for real? That's really dumb and defeats the purpose!