Why Do Dancers Smoke?

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by BodiesByBija, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Don't work when your husband is a smoker. ;-)
  2. etp777

etp777 Active Member

The day I have a husband I'll have much bigger issues than whether or not I've started smoking again. :D
  3. Peaches

*snort* Lol.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
  4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

When you're someone who specifically started dancing because of all your hot FEMALE friends asking you to dance, it's probably not the proper path to go down. :)
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I never was a true smoker other than a few brief months when I worked the night shift with a bunch of smokers...but having been raised in a house full of it, I always craved it...now, unless I have had a few cocktails, it makes me positively ill...but when I have had a few cocktails...well...I bum a few
  6. fascination

there's a point...unless he adopts the same policy
  7. fascination

isn't legal in illinois yet:rolleyes:
  8. fascination

dunno...men are much lower maintainence...okay...BOT
  9. Peaches

Do we have to? This conversation is so much more amusing.
  10. fascination

um...well...certain issues almost always lead to moderation ...and I would rather keep my regular member hat on...
  11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

had no idea you dipped your toes in that water.

have so say, when i smoked socially, i enjoyed every minute of it.
  12. fascination

again , having buried my mother b/c of it, it is exceedlingly rare to never these days
  13. Peaches

*scratching head* OK. Well, that's fine. This is just more entertaining, IMO, than feeling like the punching bag for people who want to vent their spleen.

Don't get me wrong. I stand by what I said, and I don't regret saying it (on general principle--regret nothing--if nothing else). But it gets tiresome when we get new members who drag up the thread and start drawing conclusions about me, my personality, and god-knows-what else...without taking the time to even remotely get to "know" me via my tons of posts. Granted, that's their perogative (sp?), and it's the hazard of the medium. But still and all...it gets old.
  14. fascination

I appreciate how that feels...but I can also appreciate how people who have watched the consequences unfold in their relatives can get very very strident about it...it is alot to live through...and if one doesn't keep in mind the addictive properties, it does become very difficult to see how the benefit outweighs the terrible terrible cost...I rather doubt the poster was specifically addressing you even though your post was the one used to respond in that way...
  15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

::scrolling thru thread to see what peaches said that was so inflammatory::

meh... doesn't bother me. am wildly impressed by your "take umbrage" comment, tho, lol. in a world of crappy-speaking american english, DF delivers so much linguistic satisfaction. ;)
  16. fascination

she didn't say anything inflammatory...I was speaking of the direction in which etp was taking us which at times leads me to have to moderate....got it?
  17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wasn't responding to you, luv... had my eyes on that last giant post by reyesuela & peach's response. :)
  18. fascination

lord ...I need a nap already...our clinic only does mammos at 6am...was up at 445...already exhausted
  19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i hear ya. ungodly hour.
  20. Peaches

Very true.

Just because I continue to smoke, though, and just because I haven't posted about it, does not mean that I haven't watched people I care about die from it, and doesn't mean that I haven't lost family members to it. Because I have.