General Dance Discussion > Wife dancing without spouse

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by nondancer, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

fasc doesnt dance at the studio i dance at just sayin:cool::D:eek:

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

i bill 500/hr so watch out!!;)

wait its an old thread DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT

leee likes this.
  3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Obviously. :)

4. pygmalion

I like seeing old threads, but it always makes me wonder what happened to the OP. From the old posts, it sounded like nondancer, the OP, had some fairly complex issues to work through with his wife. He hasn't been around in more than four years. I wonder how he is. *sigh*

5. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I do empathize with poster Brad. It could be difficult to date a professional dancer and know that they are traveling with, physically connected to and possibly exploring emotional connections with an attractive, talented member of the opposite sex, in order to enhance their dancing partnership, as well as together sharing the highs and lows etc, etc. Many professional partnerships do just that, and have happy relationships at home. Some stray. I would say, as others have said, it depends on the strength of your relationship with your significant other. Also, on the flip side, many professional partnerships end up having lots of battles and don't get along outside of dancing together, so it is not all fun and connection. My advice would be to focus on how solid and committed the two of you are together, recognize that attractions may develop throughout life for others, but we can choose how to respond to those attractions, and have open, honest discussions with your partner about how you two will handle these if they occur.

pygmalion likes this.
  6. pygmalion

Yes. I empathize with him as well, especially since (it sounds like) he's not familiar with dance culture. I don't intend that comment to be mean or condescending to brad, but to say that, if you've never danced in full body contact with someone from whom you were emotionally distant while smiling like you loved it, you wouldn't necessarily know that a dance relationship may or may not have anything to do with an intimate emotional connection.

debmc likes this.
  7. pygmalion

@brad. If you're still out there, I hope you will check in. I know how tough it can be to bare your soul on the internet and get back unexpected responses.

In the ten years this forum has been around, many, many people have been moved to make their first post because of a personal situation. So a lot of us who've been around a while think we've seen it before, even if, to you, it's your unique and excruciating situation. I think that sometimes, we forget how personal it feels, when you're the one making the post/seeking help. *sigh*

I hope you'll check in again, but, even if you don't. I hope that you will let go, love and trust your GF/fiancee/wife. Truly trusting a spouse can be terrifying, when you choose to do it. But fasc is right. It's your choice.

I also hope you'll read back through some of the older posts in this thread. People here have been around the block a time or two when it comes to relationships and dance, and that is a fact. People here also want to help. There's a lot of good advice here.

I hope all is well with you. :cool:

chomsky likes this.