Wine Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DancePoet, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You're not supposed to drink that! It goes on your skin! :D
  2. etp777

etp777 Active Member

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

meh...for cheap wine, dh and I have been drinking some lindeman's reserve pinot noir that is purdy good
  4. fascination

it ain't chateau nuef du pape (sp)...but it works on a regular sunday night
  5. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I like Trader Joe's for cheap wines. They get some good ferrin wines in for a very reasonable price.

Looking to design my new wine label today if I have time. Used to just use JWS Wines and a picture of whatever fruit, or a generic grape picture. Thinking I may change name and find some type of dance logo.
  6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

That is so much fun to do...

I have a picture of my last wine label earlier in his thread, etp...:)
  7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Yeah, it's a ton of fun, but I haven't done it for sevearl years. Opened a couple bottles I had made long ago whiel I was visitin gparents, helped get me interested again, so going to restart when I make it back.

Had to go back several pages, but love the label. :) I'm just happy if I get mine on straight, not creative enough to get a pun like that. ;)
  8. Easy

Easy Active Member

Wow people who make wine and their own labels here? Hopefully I'll meet you all someday, and you'll rescue me from my beer :)
  9. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, I make my own beer too. :)
  10. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Woo hoo, party @ ETP's! :p
  11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

He didn't say it was good beer. ;)

If there is such a thing, even.
  12. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Seems like an oxymoron to me...
  13. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, not a big beer drinker myself, but friends and some family members like it, and I'll drink it on occasion, though I prefer wine.

And sure thing lc, as soon as I have a house and get production started again, we can have a DF party there. :)
  14. thistle

thistle New Member

As an Aussie I have to ask, what australian wines do you get in the land of overseas? I'm not going to pretend to know anything about wine, but the Eaglehawk cabernet sauvignon is a favourite with my partner and I. Do you know it?

I would love to make my own wine. I've tried my hand at spiced cider, which turned out tasting like apple pie :p and I'm going to try making mead, once the cider's gone.
  15. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Thistle, we get both good and bad Aussie and Enzie wine up here, least by my taste. :) I haven't seen Eaglehawk myself, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. My regular liquor store lists 300+ australian wines though (not labels, just wines), everything from $6 Yellow tail to $550 Henshke Shiraz HIll of Grace. My buying tends to be on the cheaper end, of course. :)
  16. thistle

thistle New Member

300+ ... that might possibly be more than what mine does... :tongue:
  17. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Wine pioneer, Robert Mondavi, passed away today, age 94.

I'm bummed about not having had the opportunity to meet him. :(

It might have been neat to chat with him and learn something from his experiences.
  18. QPO

QPO New Member

Australian Wines are suppose to be well renowed...I live close to the Wine Primo Region the Barrossa Valley. If youever get a chance to try a Pepperjack that is a good one, Peter Lehman is also good as it Jacobs Creek (Premium Range). Limestone coast wines are starting to become popular, we dont pay anymore than $20.00 per bottle and normally it will be a good drop.
    http://www.snooth.com/search/W Salter & Son
  19. QPO

QPO New Member

Welcome Thistle

Welcome to DF don't forget to drop a line on the Aussie Thread. Anyone can write on it and ask the Aussies Questions :)

20. fascination

my latest wine affair has been vouvrey...a bit too fruity and sweet for other times of the year but nice in hot weather