Wine Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DancePoet, Aug 29, 2006.

1. DL

DL Well-Known Member

2007 Banfi Rosso di Montalcino DOC. It's no Brunello, but it's much closer to one than I expected for the relative bargain price I paid.
  2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Sounds very enjoyable. Here's a toast to you and your wine!
  3. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Coppola Malbec 2007, waiting for me after studying on the way to sweet slumbers later tonight...
  4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Blackberry wine
  5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Sounds heavenly, ETP...
  6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I'm really hapy with it. a nd was darn easy to make, as actually made with blackberry jam, not straight fruit, so didn't have to do all the extra work normally done with raw fruit. Also darn cheap, and no seeds to deal with. :)
  7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

In other words, all good! :)
  8. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Indeed. :) Running a bit low, and keeps getting better as it ages, so should probalby make another batch
  9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

It clearly beckons...
  10. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

A glass of Coppola Malbec 2007 before bed--to celebrate a fantastically successful day and early morning!!!
  11. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Alexander Valley

Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon from 2007 awaits!

How I love the Alexander Valley of the Wine Country of Northern California!

[​IMG]

from http:/ /1.bp.blogspo t. com /_zr8FegbMu2E/RzvVUPi_1aI/AAAAAAAAAA8/sp04euKns6g/S660/ Alexander+Valley+Chalk+Hill+Rd+005.JPG
  12. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

A good pinot noir or syrah?
  13. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

I'm told Copper Ridge is made by Gallo for restaurants which serve it as their house whatever. It's a screwtop but it's quite good IMO. Have to figure out where to get it retail.
  14. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I remember reading (or was it hearing on NPR?) a blurb about screw-top wines. Screw tops, according to this blurb, actually preserve wines as well as or better than corks, in a lot of cases. But wine makers keep using corks because of tradition and the tacky image that screw tops have. In a lot of people's minds, screwtop = cheap wine. Doesn't have to be so, but there's' a lot of re-education required, to get people to think differently about screwtops. until then, corks it is.

I'll see if I can remember where I saw/heard that. It's been a while. Hmm.
  15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

there was also a time in the not too distant past, when, for whatever reason, the supply of available cork was greatly compromised and lots of folks switched over to screw top or synthetic cork as a result...
  17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I recently had a bottle of Little Penguin merlot (2007, I think). Big and fruity, if you like that sort of wine (I do).
  18. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Apothic Red. Yum.
  19. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I think a lot of Australian wines have screw tops...the only ones I've seen with corks are sparkling/champagne.

On a side note, I've recently discovered a strawberry champagne that tastes absolutely amazing.
  20. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

You are all going to realise just how much wine I drink as I participate in this thread...

Last Friday, I attempted red wine again. Still no luck. Tastes gross.

BUT I just bought an organic chardonnay...first $10> bottle of wine I've ever bought, lol. Going to try it tonight.