Work dress code question for the ladies

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by lynn, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

2. lynn

lynn New Member

It's always ladies who set up the tables/chairs for meeting, getting food for co. lunches/picnics & clean up afterwards!! Where are all the guys??!!!
  3. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

Regular skirts and dresses. I don't remember a rule about length, but it was probably pre-miniskirt.
    That was also the age when a woman had to quit (QUIT!) work when she was 4 1/2 months pregnant!
  4. lynn

lynn New Member

We ladies sure have come a long way since those days!!
  5. Katarzyna

Very true...
  6. lynn

lynn New Member

I wonder when did the "secretary must wear mini-skirts" trend start? My co-worker went to our sister co. in California and he commented that all the secretaries there all dressed pretty fashionable, everyone of them are in mini-skirts!
  7. Katarzyna

I am sure it was some man...
  8. lynn

lynn New Member

I'm sure of that too :lol: Why is it that guys can get away with wearing the same shirt for the whole week whereas if the lady wears the same shirt or even skirt for 2 consecutive days she gets not-so-nice comments?? So not fair!
  9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

What guy wears the same shirt the whole week? Do you mean the same style of shirt?
  10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I've seen guys where the same style of shirt every day (I'm hoping, praying and assuming it was a differemt shirt :? ) but the pants? Definitely some repeats in there.

And I think the admins-in-miniskirt trend is becuase those cute little flippity box-pleated skirts just happen to be in style. *shrug*
  11. lynn

lynn New Member

Nope, i mean literally the SAME shirt (one of my co-workers told me, that's how i know!).
  12. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:shock: :x My illusions of minimal hygiene standards have been forever shattered. :( :lol:
  13. Katarzyna

:lol:
  14. lynn

lynn New Member

Want to know the background story of how i know that?? I wore a peach-coloured shirt to work one day and the very next day I wore something of a similar tone (kind of an orange-y pink colour) and immediately after i set foot in the office, my co-worker asked me why i didn't change from the day before!! After correcting him that i was wearing a different shirt, i set out to argue that guys sometimes wear the same shirt for 2 or 3 days. He agreed with me and told me there was once he wore the same shirt for 5 consecutive days!!! Yikes! I wonder whether or not we should put in our dress code policy of maximum allowable days of wearing the same shirt!
  15. Katarzyna

eeeeeewww 5 days in a row...
  16. lynn

lynn New Member

As gross as it sounds, somehow i'm not surprised. Maybe we should survey around our office to see what's the average??
  17. Katarzyna

How true do you think responses to such survey would be..
  18. lynn

lynn New Member

if it's anonymous i bet it'll be close to reality. I doubt anyone would willingly disclose that they wear the same shirt for 5+ days if they know you're taking names!!
  19. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I just reda something about those whom who flirt, want men to lift the heavy stuff so they can act feminine etc tend to get less raises, promotions then those who don't. cnn.com I believe...
  20. Katarzyna

Probably not.