World championships

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by debmc, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

2. Becca

Becca Active Member

I guess so too, but you never know who might be willing to upgrade for a better view if they are already planning to make the journey! It's a 12 hour flight for me, and I know for sure if I'd had to settle for less than front row, I would do anything to get hold of that ticket!

I guess the difference with this forum is that most guys here are competitors rather than spectators.

I don't really have a big enough base of people on Facebook to advertise to - I have about 34 contacts, 30 who would never go, be it that the majority aren't involved in dance at all, or that the ones who are either wouldn't have the money, wouldn't have the motivation or wouldn't have the interest to, 3 who will be dancing it, and only 1 who potentially could take it, but last time I asked hasn't decided for sure whether to go or not. I'm stuck!
  3. Warren J. Dew

Warren J. Dew Well-Known Member

Valid point. I can remember when I had a chance at free VIP front row tickets to the world amateur championships one year, and didn't take them because I didn't think I'd be going. Then it turned out I went after all, and I had to watch from 30 rows up in the bleachers. I really kicked myself about that!
  4. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should disclose how much you are charging for them. A lot of folks who compete at the comp can't also then afford to pay for front row seats.
  5. Becca

Becca Active Member

The ticket was $150 I think. I paid £106.
  6. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

The website says "Ticket orders cancelled after the closing date are not subject to a refund," which implies that ticket orders cancelled prior to the closing date (August 1) may be eligible for at least a partial refund. If you don't find any takers, try contacting the organizers.
  7. Becca

Becca Active Member

Thank you so much - that is massively helpful to me! I really appreciate that! Guess I need to move pretty quick!
  8. Becca

Becca Active Member

Apparently they won't refund me! So I am still looking for a buyer!
  9. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

stand by the door with the ticket out and and extra cocktail in your hand im sure you will get a taker:eek:
  10. Becca

Becca Active Member

Ideally I just need some cash!
  11. legato

legato Member

becca, did you try posting an advert for your ticket in the dance ads section of these forums? i've seen tickets and hotel rooms posted there before, you're sure to get more exposure to forum members who might be interested in them...people might also check ads when they don't have time to read threads...i know i do :)
  12. Becca

Becca Active Member

Sounds good - I'll give it a shot! I've never trly wandered further than then Ballroom forum up to now!