Worlds Info

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by Taurus57, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

OK Vince,
    Where is the worlds info? How come no one on this forum is asking for worlds info and results? I know you were there because I introduced myself. It was fun to see your wife dancing. She has lots of fun, you can see it in her eyes.

Taurus57
  2. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

T57,
    I was going to let you do the update . . . we just got home, and off to work we went.

It was a ball this time as compared to the last time we went. I was worn out . . . watching my wife dance . . . taking hundreds of pictures . . . helping her and a couple other girls with there costumes - hey rough job, but somebody's got to do it!

Was great meeting you . . . glad you came up and introduced yourself! How did you know that was my wife?

I watched you guys do some some dancing . . . how did you end up? I did not hear your scores. I tried so hard to hear first names, and that was all I had was your first name.

I really wanted to get some pic too, but alas, was constantly running back and forth.

I was so busy there . . . I really am worn out . . . and broke . . . I bought Care (my wife) a new Chrisanne dress, which she has had 5 offers from others to sell it to them - already! It was a great dress for nearly $3400.

All in all, it was a great competition . . . we'll see you in Portland this year? It is on our schedule this year, and I'll be able to compete as they will have a Swing comp there too!
  3. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

Yeah, we were about the same. We spent 9 hours on a plane yesterday because Southwest's non-stop acutally made 2 stops before it landed in Portland!

You have pictures posted in your album with her name.

Unfortuneatly, we left before the awards ceremony, on Sunday, and they have not updated their website yet, so we still don't know how we've done.

OUCH!

That's great. I'm sure we'll be there since it's our home turf and it's a lot cheaper to go to the local comps. I look forward to seeing you there. PS. I also have to put a plug in for the West Coast Dance Challenge in Seattle (November) since I help with putting it on. It also has a BIG swing following.
  4. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Yea, I know what you mean. We spent the better part of the day getting home too! I like Southwest, but they always run late . . .

Oh yea, doh . . . I hate getting older!

We had someone call us . . .

Make sure you start posting it under ads and events, etc., a few months ahead
  5. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

Since you live close to the Fresno event I assume you attend that one too. Heard good things about it at worlds. Would you agree?

T57
  6. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

It's not just close . . . it's 4 days of total fun . . . it's actually the best event -IMHO- that the UCWDC puts on . . . including World's!

So, I do agree, lots of competitions, their own version of Fear Factor, their own version of the Gong Show, and each year is some kind of "theme." A couple years ago, they did a total "sex" theme, and it got out of hand . . . they'll never do that again!

Make room reservations early . . .

V
  7. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

It looks like ucwdc.org is down right now, maybe they are updating the results page. I hope so, since we danced on Thursday and still don't know how we placed.
  8. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Dang, that's a bummer . . . I tried to get them to switch over to an all-electronic scoring system, but they're very costly! With that system, just like in the Olympics, you'd know how you stand - instantly!
  9. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Hey T57 . . . the results are up!
  10. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

Boy that took a long time. 3rd huh Oh well, I guess you can't win them all. Considering we only have 5 dances, I shouldn't complain too loudly. We did place in the top 5 in all of our dances. We'll be adding WC and Polka this year to try and get some breathing room / throw aways.T57PS I like the moniker T57. I think I'll keep it.
  11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Yea, T57 sounds good.

I started to tell you guys took a third, but I wanted to let you see it for yourself! Plus I didn't know your last name, though you did say your first and what division you were dancing in . . . a matter of deduction?????

What do you mean, "3rd huh Oh well," I think that is great . . . remember where you got that 3rd - at World's - a little more meaning than that of a normal venue!

Only 5 dances WILL get you everytime . . . same thing I told Carolyn - they only did 5 dances. Yep, you need those other 3 dances . . . once you get the two that want, add that third one . . . get a local Pro to teach/choreograph a routine . . . get working on it.

You gotta do what you goota do . . . Carolyn is starting some ballet and some ballroom classes . . . get those other looks into her dancing.

Anyway . . .CONGRATULATIONS . . . you two should be very proud of third place!
  12. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

Don't get me wrong, we are. It's just that one always hopes for better. The wife already has two worlds jackets, I was hoping for one of my own. Alas, not this year.

T57
  13. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I know what you mean . . . in the times that I've competed, I haven't left Nashville with a jacket either!!!:(

Since I'm in a new age bracket (Gold :neutral:) this year, I'm highly thinking of it. Not sure if it will be Pro-Am or Showcase with Katie Boyle, but hey, I could walk away with a jacket since nobody entered in that division this year - I hate to get it that way, but I want a jacket too!! Watch, next year, there will be 25 competitors.

va
  14. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

On the positive side, since there were at least 10 competitors in our category, 1st. and 2nd will have to advance to intermediate. If nothing else changes, theoretically, we have a good chance of winning. We'll also hedge our bet by adding at least two more dances. I'm convinced that if we had had one more smooth dance, we would have won second instead of 3rd.

T57
  15. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Again, I agree w/you . . . according to the points that Carolyn's partner gathered . . . there was less than 1.5 points between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd - trying not to take away anything from those who won - if both you/K and Carolyn/Travis would have all the dances . . . a 2nd or 1st would have been probably secured! Got your work cut out for yourselves!
  16. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

Yeah, it seems our work is never done. Between Country and Ballroom comps, I don't get much time to cut and polish rocks. As if I don't have enough with dancing, I'm also very active as a rockhound. My club puts on two shows a year (3 & 5 day weekends)! It's a good thing our kids are up and out, there wouldn't be much time for them. It's funny though, they both took up dancing too, so they know what it's like for us (only on a smaller scale).:raisebro:
  17. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Funny, I responded to this last night, but I see it didn't take . . . guess I should have double-checked?

I'm into 'rock' too . . . that is 'rock and roll.' I play lead guitar in one band and bass in another, but mostly it's blues, country, then rock.

I have a thing for rocks too . . . I always stop to pick one up that strikes my fancy . . . I used to have a small box of them and I used to carry one in my pocket for years - kind of a worry stone - I rubbed it so smooth!

One of Care's daughters want to get into dancing too . . . they seem to like the limelight of it all!
  18. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

I actually managed to spend a day, while in Nashville, rockhound. I met a friend there about 3 years ago and we've been e-mailing back and forth ever since. He picked me up at the hotel and took me out for the day on Saturday. I managed to dig up 20 lbs. of Tennessee agate. It has beautiful reds and yellows running through it.

T57:D
  19. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I suppose you carried this in your luggage on the trip home?

Tennessee agate???? Isn't that coal??? Maybe that's in WV. J/K!!!!
  20. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

Actually, yes I did. I had planned ahead and brought a sturdy backpack. I checked it on the way home and it was only 34 lbs.

Tennessee agate is gorgeous with reds and yellows running all through it. Check out the pictures on my website. mysite.verizon.net/stephenp57. Oh yeah, I also like to play with ameture photography as you'll see. And fish too.

T57:rolleyes: