Yesterday I went out to ....

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by elisedance, Nov 10, 2007.

1. elisedance

elisedance New Member

This continues the amazing DF tradition of all-comers blog-threads. The wonder of these is that you can list your own event or converse with previous posters but there is no need to read the whole thread in case you missed something.

The rules are: you can post anything you did the previous day outside your own home. Thats it. As a 'funstuff' thread, this is generally not dance related (there are other threads for those) but there are no hard rules.

So, to start:

Yesterday I went out with best friend to a local restaurant for a spectacular dinner (see dinner thread). After that we stopped at another local restaurant that has a wine bar in the basement with friday evening music. Its a small place and does not attract established musicians but mostly newbies who are still in college - a mixed bag. However, yesterday the singer Leah was truly spectacular - jazzy, cool, quiet and intricate. She sang one song originally by 'Abbie Lincoln' that was truly out of this world. I've never heard of her - must get a CD....
  2. BM

BM New Member

Yesterday I went out fabric shopping with a friend for her Rhythm dress. We ended up taking the scenic routes through Chinatown to find two of our three targeted locations (the third looked as though it had shut down permanently). The search was not entirely fruitful, but we did find a nice deep turquoise lycra that we may be back for later (but we're going to try and visit another fabric store on Monday). I ended up using Starbucks radar to get us back to civilisation (read: subway station) - and nonfat lattes and peppermint mochas! - and on the way we passed the venue where Wicked is currently playing. We vowed to try and take advantage of the student rush some time before Christmas.

An afternoon well spent, I must say, particularly since it was the only time I spent outside all day!
  3. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Apparenty, you can get material way, way cheaper in china - I have a work associate that goes there every year or so but have not figured out how to solve the selection process. It would probably be worth it to fedex 50 samples back for selection - might work.

By the way, love the new sig!
  4. meow

meow New Member

Well, yesterday was not very exciting. I went out to pay bills and do some grocery shopping. Then I took my girlfriend and her kids to the studio for one girl's standard lesson. My girlfriend doesn't drive so I take them to the studio.
  5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yesterday i did not go out except for my evening dance lessons... conducted life from the sanctuary of my cozy bed. ;)
  6. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Yesterday, I went out to work then to lesson.
  7. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Yesterday I taught a couple the basics of rumba and hustle for a wedding they're attending this weekend, then I went home to watch Ugly Betty- love love love this show!
  8. elisedance

elisedance New Member

yesterday I did not go dancing but, but, but, ....have to wait till tomorrow, or go to the Friday thread...
  9. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Yesterday I went out to dinner with a friend of mine from a previous military assignment. We talked about how our careers had progressed and the sometimes uncontrollable twists and turns military careers take along the path to higher rank. Lots of philosophical discussions and margaritas.
  10. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Today I met DH at Home Depot to select a storm door. Done and done. Asked about getting an estimate to have our stairwell and upstairs hallway painted.

Then, went to Target--got razor blades, xmas cards, and...something else...??? Went to michaels to get baskets.

Then, stopped at Mickey D's for lunch (not proud, just ravenous). Drove to grocery store #1. Oddly enough, the bill came to exactly $160.00. How odd. But they didn't have whole, fresh cranberries or mincemeat. Started to drive home.

Gas light comes on on way home, so, stopped to get gas. Went to grocery store #2, to try and find mincemeat, mini graham cracker crusts, and cranberries. No cranberries, no mincemeat, out of mini crusts. Dangit.

I think I'll look into making my own flippin' mincemeat for next year. Forget this hunting it down within a 20 mile radius crap. I swear it gets harder and harder to find every year.
  11. meow

meow New Member

Yesterday I went out to my girlfriends house. It was her birthday so I went and gave her a gift. I also had to give her husband a haircut.
  12. elisedance

elisedance New Member

yesterday went out to a music shop - bought music to start playing violin again. Of course, that meant buying a music stand, a book on the violin, strings, arranging to get the bow restrung, violin tuned up etc etc. And I wonder where the $s go..! Such a pleasure though.
  13. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

What a coincidence I'm taking up the saxophone.

Yesterday I hiked 100 miles north in the car for 3 hours of tango workshops wearing socks- lots of playing around with feet and I was a follower for most of the time. Drove back then sort of collapsed just slept for over an hour in the late afternooon then started a migraine which put the kaibosh on my dancing plans for the evening. Stayed in listening to Luminitza by Balanscu Quartet.
  14. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Yesterday I went out to the video rental to return a movie. Spent the other time at home working around the house and reading a book from the local library.
  15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Lessee, saxophone, violin - who else wants to join the DF band? we can get some serious dance music going here. Maybe fasc wants to be the band leader?
  16. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Piano, French horn and trumpet, at one time or another. French horn was longest.
  17. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Well, you will have to play all three at the same time. That more than doubled the band...
  18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

dinner, drinks and black jack with dancing friends... far too late for a school nite, but worth every minute
  19. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Yesterday went to a local sports bar for breakfast and to watch football.
  20. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Yesterday I went nowhere - stayed in.