yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

up 5ish
    motel coffee for Spouse; water/banana for me
    Spouse leaves for show around 7
    dress warm b/c air conditioning in show is arctic; bring oversized warm sweater, even
    get call from Spouse; can you find my wallet? Wallet located; all is well. Superwoman strikes again.
    to show; hurry up and wait until it opens at 7:30 to dealers
    finish setup; locate some tea
    to McDonalds for assorted toxins for breakfast
    connect laptop to universe, which mitigates boredom of LONG day at show with no customers, and is useful when Spouse wants to look up something he's bought and it turns out to be a real whoopee, so he's happy again
    also, Spouse is buying stuff left, right, and center, so he's happy
    also, since I have
    no nosy neighbor (tables against wall, nobody behind me), I can practice point, turnout, rise and fall, and do calf raises, and single leg balance without having to explain to nosy neighbor what I'm doing
    to hotel restaurant for takeout lunch; they mess up Spouse's order, I go back and get it fixed. It's a good thing hotel's attached to the show; I walk to restaurant for tea again, just to get warm
    outside to stretch in the sun, also to get warm
    4:30: the staff finally shut off the ac and I can remove bulky warm sweater
    show closes at 5 yay
    to downtown 7 miles away for chinese takeout, also to supermarket for bananas, coffee, and nail glue (broke a nail at the end of the day; how'd I do *that*? usually is a matter of lifting/hauling/schlepping, but I was just standing still, oh well)
    while waiting for chinese takeout, watched the chef/owner make a banana split for a group of kids, and it was an amazing banana split, decorated with, among other things, raspberries filled with a banana/white truffle mousse. Hmmm...
    back 7 miles to motel with dinner, which turns out to be an incorrect order, and this time, I'm not going back to swap it, not 7 miles each way grrr so I eat veg, some rice, and some parts of Spouse's leftovers
    move car to worthwhile parking space for loading in the morning
    get DQ choc/vanilla twist cone, which my waist and hips will not appreciate and I thought I'd enjoy more; when did DQ start to taste like nothing? I used to love their ice cream. Sigh. Another one bites the dust.
    df/browsing
    zzz before 9 pm

2. j_alexandra

You managed to soak a cat's leg and give it a pill? You get a medal. A richly deserved martini, imho. Hope you enjoyed it -- and that cat gets better soon.

3. j_alexandra

Now, me, I'd be intimidated by your ability, and wouldn't want you in the back with me b/c that's where I go to hide. :wink: But this kind of gym twit can indeed make you miserable for ages -- if you let it. I almost just quit my gym due to an overdose of the same kind of annoying smallminded gossipy petty bossy irritating members. Apparently, my gym is famous for that crap, which I didn't know when I joined. Well, I let them annoy me. Life is short. I have to learn how to shut them off. Scroom, in short.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I can apprecaite the intimidation factor...but this woman has been around a long time and is intimidated by nothing... she just happens to be one of those really loud "speak before you think and then think you are really entertaining" types...and generally it is no big deal but today I had jenough of that sort of sentiment directed at me...shrug...it will blow over and I am well acquainted with all of this sort of crap at gyms... today I had just had enough of it...it is coupled by the fact that she is a neighbor of mine and some of the people in my neighborhood tend to see themselves as special b/c their billfolds are bulky...it gets old...I don't bite often but if I am nipped at often enough I can be provoked

5. fascination

btw...feel the same way about DQ...what happened?

6. j_alexandra

They're called "bullies" where I come from. And some days, they just get to me, too; I feel your pain, as the president said. But at least I don't have to live with them. My neighborhood is mostly NYPD/FDNY and FBI. Oh, and the Mafia princess who lives across the street. It's an odd mix.:wink:

BTW thanks for the warning about the biting. I'll do my best to take cover when I get irritating... <gdr>

7. j_alexandra

It had no flavor. DQ used to taste like DQ. This stuff tasted like cold whipped white and brown cardboard mousse.

Didn't stop me from eating the whole thing, though. :mad:

8. fascination

ya know...I am not a difficult book to read...there are lots of warnings ;)

9. fascination

yea...i meant what on earth did they do to it?

10. fascination

otoh...those are some neighbors with whom I wouldn't want to get into a scuffle

11. j_alexandra

Inserted artificial flavors and textures which are much less expensive than real dairy, sugar, vanilla, and chocolate, so they can maximize profit at the expense of quality.

Just a guess. :wink:

12. fascination

blech....

13. j_alexandra

The only scuffle I recall is when some undesirable-type made the mistake of trying to "borrow" a ladder from the back yard of one of the FBI men, who unholstered his weapon, shouted "FBI! STOP!" and got his man.

There have been no further incidents. As you might imagine.

14. fascination

my brother is a cop...enough said ;)

15. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

dancelvr--I feel your pain on having to give pills to cats. We currently have two elder cats, and they both need thyroid pills every day for the rest of their lives. My husband is a million times better at it than I am, so I try to make him do it whenever possible.

We also have taken to using pill pockets, and they are great. (Our pet sitter recommended them to us.) Unfortunately, one of our cats is a little too smart and will sometimes manage to eat the pill pocket surrounding the pill without eating the actual pill. This same cat is sitting on my lap right now and looks like he is looking at what I type. Yes, David, I'm talking about you with my friends. Happy?

fascination--Sorry about the PITA person at the gym. Good for you for not saying "You want to see showing off?" and giving her a butt-kicking only a tae-bo trained fitness instructor could give. Because that would be so wrong. Satisfying, perhaps; cosmic justice, for sure, but...no, still wrong!

16. fascination

you know...that is the whole point...If I was teaching the class I would be giving it my all so that the members would be challenged to do the same, if I am taking the class, unless I am tired, I am there to get my best workout in, for my own sake, not to make someone else feel bad...it would never occur to me to deliberately try to make someone else feel small by doing my best...that it happens anyhow, is their problem...but I wouldn't do it on purpose and I have just had ... um...a boatload of that....in dance, in the gym, in my singing endeavors, even in ministerial settings... I am (frankly) fed up with paying for other people's insecurities...I have plenty of my own that I do not make them pay for...and it would be r.e.f.r.e.s.h.ing if they could think far enough beyond themselves to consider the possibility that just b/c they can't see mine doesn't mean they aren't there....ug...no, I did not try to pulverize the woman, I just did my workout...she wasn't even a blip on my radar beyond the occasional upsurge of annoyance

17. j_alexandra

Elder Cats. The mental image is exquisite: the greywhiskered David, sitting in the sun, shedding, and passing on Elder Cat wisdom to mere youngsters: "Listen, sonny, when I was your age, the mice were twice the size, and we didn't have color photos with good ink in the paper, either, no way; when you sat on the Chronicle, you got newsprint on your butt. Took forever to lick it all off." <tailtwitch, tailtwitch> And She Elder Cat: "Now, David, you stop bothering that kitten. He'll find out for himself soon enough, and besides, he sleeps on the laptop, and he isn't listening, anyway."<turns back, stretches front feet, then back feet, then curls up in largest patch of sun available in dead center of bed>

Naaaaahhh... :twisted:

18. fascination

starting on "yesterday's activities" early (they are actually today's) bc I have to be up very early tomorrow and then will likely have no time to df before leaving for indy through tues eve...

up early...no idea why.... given that I was up quite late the night before...

7-8 df-ed

8-930...breakfast and practice session I ...waltz, tango and qs

930-10 tanning

10-11 jog

12-1 lunch, df,fb, color hair for up coming comp (highlight later tonight)

1-2 nap I think

2-4 assorted de-cluttering activites, watering flowers and veggies

5-7 more df, mowing lawn, ordering a great photo from heritage, booking my hotels for the next few weeks, practice session II; waltz, QS, rumba and cha

rest of the evening will very likely be wine and chimnea w/dh, news, df, fb, packing for indy, putting away laundry, doing the highlights for my hair and then early to bed for two classes tomorrow before 4 lessons in the afternoon

19. j_alexandra

My apologies for previous post. I should never drink beer on an empty stomach; it causes online silliness. I don't drink and drive, or drink and shop, or drink and flirt, I clearly should not drink and post. One lousy light beer. Cheezt. You'd think I could handle that. Nope.

Well, since my day is obviously over, I'll make today yesterday by posting tomorrow's post tonight:

Up 5:30 due to awake and perky Spouse
    grumpy, dopey, sleepy, sneezy myself
    coffee him, water/banana me
    he off to show by 6:30
    df/browse/email
    pack luggage, haul out to van, check out of hotel
    breakfast buffet at hotel, big mistake; too much food
    to show by 9
    walk to McD's for spousal brekkie; it's a beautiful day in south-central Ohio
    in show until packing/loading begins at 11:30, make many trips to car carrying merchandise packed up and in my arms, as this show does not permit use of carts for loadout until 2pm
    1:56 load cart; push cart out of building at 2:01:25
    in van and on the road by 2:15
    drive to Pittsburgh; into motel
    takeout with veg and protein and brown rice; non-toxic food! Yay! oh, and a light beer
    df/email; a customer from Hungary has come back with a lowball price on an item we thought we'd confirmed sold, so now we're out a sale, which we could really have used, believe me; in an economic downturn, nobody prioritizes what I sell at the top of the list and it's kind of been a while since we sold something
    df
    book shortly, then sleep

20. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Can I borrow hubby for about a week? ;-)

I'll give those pill pockets some thought. My cat has developed a hatred for this particular medication, and it's becoming an ever-increasing battle. It's imperative that he take this antibiotic. We're fighting a very bad infection in his leg. *sigh*