yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

note; 2 sbux iced teas, and nap...and, for better or worse, i have alot of energy
  2. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    awake at 3:30 (don't adapt to time change well)
    killed time
    cereal at motel's dopey "complimentary continental"
    dfed
    worked on updating website
    went to supermarket for coffee and bananas
    drove to Denver
    stopped on the way at mom-and-pop cafe for real food; ate sourdough toast for first time in years and it was lovely
    into parking lot of show in Denver at 10:15
    discovered show does not open until 3
    checked into hotel (adjacent, yay) and ironed sth lightweight to wear
    nap 15 min
    back to parking lot
    applied copious amounts of spf-45 to all exposed skin
    discovered cooler had leaked onto the merchandise
    unloaded van of 800+ lbs of merchandise at 5,280 feet gasp gasp
    dried merchandise
    discovered that cart onto which I had unloaded had a flat tire
    pushed that **** thing into show anyway
    unloaded, set up
    paid a cart boy to get the second load out of car (note to self: get tire inflated)
    set up more
    set up for 5 hours, in fact
    ate almost nothing (big mistake)
    drank almost nothing (enormous mistake)
    got phone call from brother, who borrowed my car, re: "'fender bender"
    we are not amused
    left show at 7:40pm
    fed Spouse
    ate something small and drank enough to not be dehydrated
    quick change
    had half-hour smooth lesson at local studio at 8:30; tried to stretch and warm up first, but not a good place for that
    discovered that waltzing, when exhausted, and at 5,280 feet requires much, much deeper breathing than I am used to gasp gasp
    discovered that I am really really used to having the only lesson on the floor, not sharing with a class/other lessons; I believe the word "spoiled" applies here
    back to hotel and crashed like a felled tree
    weird dreams and disturbed sleep
  3. fascination

that ...sounds....horrible...from start to finish!!!!!!!
  4. fascination

awake @7 dfed, had coffee and a large breakfast
    to gym for 9 o'clock
    home for more df, soup, and a nap
    fueled up car and drove to south bend 1) to toys r' us for some spoilin' gear 2) to T-ball field to watch nephew's Tball game and deliver the spoils
    drove home missing mom something fierce, and the rest of my family, and a host of other things that got me on the blues
    promptly went home and consoled myself with a pizza and keith olberman and rachel maddow
    to bed by 930 but up from 2-5 for inexplicable reasons and now fairly grumbly
  5. j_alexandra

the ignorance of the childless: what's Tball?

Maybe grumbliness/disturbed sleep caused by sunspots or moon phase? I'm grumpy, dopey, sleepy, sneezy: at least 4 dwarves :???:
  6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Start with baseball, then think of a golf tee, but about 24" tall off ground. Instead of ball being pitched to kid batting, ball is placed on the tee, and they hit it off of there.
  7. j_alexandra

Got it. Thanks.
  8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Yesterday was pupil free day! so I took DP and my sisters shopping. DP and I for a mask for tonight, and one of the sisters for a birthday present. We caught the bus there, spent a couple of hours wandering in and out of shops, had lunch, came home, and I stuck my feathers on the mask to make it look more pretty. I kidnapped DP for a while, but he had to go because he told his parents he'd only be gone an hour. Silly man. As if he could go shopping with three girls and only take an hour. Throughout shopping we were getting dirty looks from all of the adults who thought that we should be in school, though not as many as I used to get because I can almost pass as a uni student.
  9. j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Up at 4:30 after v. weird dreams
    motel breakfast crowded with "colleagues" (old men talking about politics)
    dfed
    got call from insurance company re: claim for car
    called brother and told him to deal with it
    called father and asked how brother was doing, really
    got to show at 9 and worked show until 6:30
    more calls from/to insurance company and brother re: car
    reported to teacher about lesson I took here in Denver
    got feedback from him (yay)
    dinner in bar of hotel: yet another grilled chicken salad, this time with wine
    accompaniment
    back to room
    dfed
    tried to stay awake until 8:30
    made it to 9
    and so to bed
    do I know how to have a hot Friday night or what?

10. fascination

(some people are so enviously skilled with words)

as for me;

up after a crappy night's sleep
    df-ed
    planned a kickbox class
    taught a kickbox class
    home to deal with the delivery of a new refridgerator and stove
    (including the tearing of power lines by the delivery truck which always happens in spite of warnings, and the discovery of a mouse super- highway underneath my old oven...EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...and subsequent disgusting clean-up and blockage of future invasions...EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW)
    trip to grocery store to finally fill a working refridgerator
    late lunch and nap
    unproductive attempt at choreographing a very difficult song for zumba....grrr
    df
    studio party
    home for snack, nightcap and df
    crashed...hard
  11. j_alexandra

ewwwww. mouse superhighway. ewwww. Get a cat! End of mouse issues! Unless it's like my ex-cat, who would sit and watch the mice steal dog kibble from the bowl. Excuse me? You have JOB here; do it!

New fridge <is envious>
    Studio party <is deeply envious>
  12. j_alexandra

Do you suppose kickboxing would help me with my champagne glide? hahahahahahahahaha well, at least I think I'm funny:wink:
  13. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

6:45-8:10--Up with child. Make cold cereal for both of us.
    Child gets self dressed. I do her hair.
    Get myself dressed and brush my hair.
    Make lunch for both.

8:20--Deliver cheerful morning person of a child to Montessori.

8:35--Deliver self to college. There is a lot of parking! Last day of finals week and a lot of college kids are already gone. Heating/cooling in building is not working and has not been all week. I'm sure they are going to get right on that. :rolleyes: Socialize briefly with secretary.

Do some writing on Maria Stopes's Married Love.

9:30ish--Take a break, socialize briefly with colleagues, then deliver health insurance form to Human Resources. According to cover letter, said form is/was due "Monday, May 14." Does that mean Monday, May 12; Thursday, May 14; or Monday, May 19? In any case, friendly Human Resources person accepts it. We briefly discuss how great the hospital coverage is on the plan. I actually paid less when I went to the ER in December than I do for a routine doctor's visit. Weird.

10-2--More writing, with brief lunch break and occasional web surfing breaks.

2--Head to Performing Arts Connection, a local dance supply shop, in search of completely unembellished leotard for dd, as she is going to be dancing pre-teen 1 singles at the Atlantic Dancesport Championships. This decision was only made on Monday and the comp is Saturday, so I'm handling things last minute. I called Performing Arts Connection, since it is a one-man shop and has unusual hours. According to the message machine, the shop is open from 1-4 on Fridays. But I get there, put a quarter in the meter, and...it is closed. So much for shopping locally.

2:15--Buy book of Katha Pollitt essays at Locust Books, Virginity or Death! And Other Social and Political Issues of Our Times, so that I won't feel like driving/parking downtown was a complete waste. Plus, I've been wanting a book of fun, feminist essays to read on the treadmill. Double check to make sure PAC is still closed. It is.

2:30--Head to Target to complete leotard mission. :rolleyes:.

3:30--Home. Greet child, who has just recently come home from school and is having her strawberry ice pop and reading (her preferred after school activity). Greet husband, who is attempting to install a new router (I think?) since our home wireless internet is not working right. Grab my own snack. Read a mid-April issue of "The Chronicle of Higher Education." (I'm a little behind.)

4:10--Attempt to lie down for a few minutes, but child announces she would like to go to the bus stop to greet public school friends. I get up to discuss. We compromise that she can wait at the mailbox.

4:20--Child finds 4th grade friend! They play in the backyard and in the garage. We very surreptitiously take a peek at the robin's nest on the playset. 4 eggs! Very exciting.

5:15--Have an early dinner so I can workout.

5:30--Child comes in and starts watching "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith." I make her chicken nuggets per her request.

6ish--Get on treadmill. Jog 4 miles at 6.3 mph pace. Walk 2 miles at 4.0 mph pace. Read both "People" magazine and some of the Katha Pollitt book on treadmill. She has a great piece on "The Vagina Monologues," which of course makes me happy, since that is one of my causes.

7:30--Give child bath.

8:30--Put child to bed.

8:30-11:30--Read, surf web, have snack.
  14. fascination

although we had a cat, she was useless;)...additionally I am quite allergic and since she is no longer alive I am loathe to replace her...hopefully we have found the offending source and filled it...but we live in the woods, there are critters...shrug

as to the fridge and stove; both are great and long overdue
    as to the dance party; two nice leads....
  15. fascination

straight over my head...not the sharpest crayon in the box
  16. fascination

this is a very impressive day...I feel so lazy and unenlightened now;)
  17. j_alexandra

As who wouldn't? I'm exhausted just reading it.
  18. fascination

well..it's almost yesterday so might as well get this cranked out;

awake at 6 to choreograph two new merengues for zumba
    breakfast of assorted carbs and fats atop crackers
    step II class and zumba
    home to have a lunch consisting of similar swill
    crashed
    dfed
    dress flurry...yea dressgirl
    tanning
    more df
    then practice(see practice thread)
    more munching
    second half of "you've got mail"
    family guy and two and a half men w/ box-o
    fb and df and email to my kids and dh
    sleep soon...have to cantor at the crack of dawn
  19. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

It's the "People" magazine that put it over the top, right? ;)
  20. etp777

etp777 Active Member

OK, I don't like this thread anymore. makes me feel boring and lazy. :p