yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I need to get a balance ball too. Keep meaning to....

2. Sagitta

Taking advantage of the double post and simply posting about something else as the edit function now works:

Sunday: 8:00am to chop red onions and cilantro, and go to grocery store to buy sour cream for chicken chili I made last night.
    9:50am to 1:30pm The Meal at the Vineyard Church - short talk plus sharing a meal. My chicken chili and toppings went over well. Helped out with connection cards etc, connected with people....
    1:30pm to 5:15pm Back home, laundry, chilling, get ready to go out
    5:15 -6:20pm drive to hear a small latin band, Salsa Libre, $5 cover
    6:20 to 9:30pm Danced to the music, and provided feedback to both band (Good salsa and merengue, ok cha cha cha, but you really need to work on bachata.) and restaurant (Sticky dance floor, and as you are trying out dance again you need to work on that.)
    9:30 to 10:20pm drive back home
    10:20 to 1:30am shower, eat, relax, talk to mom....and then bed

3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

DW and I actually got some practice in together! An hour and a half, working a bit on almost everything to do. Then a combined lunch/dinner, and then grocery shopping.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

mon-teach step, drive to indy...knat whoopin'...drive home

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

What!?! No Bengay and box-o? :eek: :D

6. fascination

there was bengay and there was wine...there was no dinner and the wine was not box-o...

7. pygmalion

*Whew* My illusions remain un-shattered. ;)

8. fascination

today ...which will be closing shortly...

wake at 9....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    piddle, pet care, practice....consultations with pastor I work for regarding some of my couples...lunch....good long soak...more practice...pick up dh's shirts...dinner....

9. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

"hey you are missing your lock step!"
    "what lock step?
    "the one after the spin"
    "huh?"
    "ya know... spin, lock step"
    "which spin?"
    "the one before your lock step that somehow magically turned into a chasse?"
    "what chasse?"
    "omg, you don't have a chasse"
    "yeah but you just said chasse"
    "i know, but you don't have a chasse, you have a lock step"
    "where?"

that pretty much sums up my day.

dancelvr, j_alexandra and cornutt like this.
  10. fascination

11. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Monday:

Ballet; first time in over a month; owie
    Bath, to offset the effects of ballet
    Lesson
    Dinner
    Group class

Tuesday:

Gyro
    Lesson; my legs still function, which I find amazing, after ballet, lesson, group class, and gyro over the past 24 hours
    Go see X; get some work done
    Rolfer
    Shopping; get new water dish for cat, which she will not be able to push all over the floor, spilling water as she goes, and then turn over just for fun; do I know how to do retail therapy, or what?
    Make din plans with BFF; wait for her call; wait; wait; ok, maybe next week
    Eat leftovers
    Read
    Z

12. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

BTW, I never, ever thought I'd feel this way, but after reading 3wishes' roadtrip blog, I'm getting nostalgic for life on the road.

Somebody shoot me, please.

3wishes likes this.
  13. fascination

I don't have a gun....but I'll gladly drive your butt to Oregon and back and we will see how that works for you :)

3wishes and j_alexandra like this.
  14. Sagitta

Me too! Never liked the idea of being on the road, but I must plan a road trip for some time in the future. ;)

15. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

Wake up feeling rather wobbly. That cold I thought I was developing last night has arrived. Plan to consume enough caffeine for nobody else at work to notice.
    Start working day with an e-mail of complaints/criticisms/feedback from a new database user. *sigh* I suppose this is what beta testing is for. Think peaceful thoughts, address her concerns one at a time and e-mail her back. Am interrupted halfway through by a colleague whose laptop won't read from a flash drive and then by another who seems to have broken Microsoft Outlook. Work round the first problem and fix the second.
    Find that the cottage cheese I bought for lunch tastes of nothing. Rather disappointing.
    Write some broken code. Fail to work out why it's broken. Eat bright pink, glittery cupcake. :)
    Home to find that everybody's eaten their dinner and mine's in the oven. Sausages. :)
    Round to niece-by-proxy's house, with DP, to babysit while n-b-p's parents are at a dancing lesson. Play Universe Sandbox and have fun watching what would happen if the Milky Way and Andromeda collided. :eek:

16. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

SUNDAY:
    9:30--Left house.
    11-3--MARYLAND RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL. Dressing up, duelling, archery, jousting, etc.
    Home.
    Grading.
    Made a pot of turkey chili.

+++
    MONDAY:
    8:20--Drop off Child.

9:10--ENG 1101. Debate on lowering the drinking age.

10:20--GLC. Discussion of Margaret Atwood's The Handmaids Tale.

Lunch break/grading.

12:40--Victorian Literature. Wuthering Heights. Hand back essays.

2:15-4--Office hours, grading.

4:30ish--Left work.
    Extremely upset to learn today was Picture Day at Child's school. I now remember getting the e-mail. Child wears super-cute outfits about 1/2 the time, sometimes with matching hair accessories. Today, however, she was wearing an all-black Darth Vader long sleeve t-shirt from the "Boys" section of the catalog. (I obviously have no problem with Child wearing a "boys" shirt, since I bought it, but I wouldn't have chosen it for Picture Day.) I recognize that in the grander scheme of things this doesn't matter at all, but I love picking out an outfit and doing Child's hair nicely for picture day.

6:10--Met Child and Husband at skating rink, where Child had just had a private lesson.

6:15-10:45--Drove to Paramus, NJ. Checked into the Comfort Inn and Suites on Rt. 17.

+++

TUESDAY.
    A little before 6--Child wakes me up.

7:30--Out on pavement waiting for B&N to open. (We are not the craziest people; some people slept overnight in their car!)

9--B&N opens. Pay for two signed copies of Rick Riordan's Mark of Athena, which will be given to us that evening at the reading. Get our arm bracelets AND TWO cool promotional t-shirts!!!

Child buys some reading material for the day. Okay, 10 books.

10:30-11:45--I take a nap, as I will be driving late that night.

12--To Hoboken in pouring rain. Out to lunch. Then to Crumbs to buy cupcakes and mini-cupcakes for class.

Best Buy. Get CD player so can listen to audiobook on way home. (We don't have a built-in CD player in either car.)

4:15ish--Back to get a place on line for Rick Riordan presentation.

7-8--RICK RIORDAN presentation and reading!!! Very funny and fun.

8:15-12:30--Long, tiring drive home. Worth it.
    I <3 Mommy-Daughter Adventures.

17. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

WEDNESDAY:
    AM routine is a little more painful since I didn't get to sleep until around 1 AM.

9:10--ENG 1101. Debate on whether the SAT should be made optional as an admissions requirement. Learn that about half my class took both the SAT and the ACT. Wow.

10:20--GLC. Handmaid's Tale. Really good discussion. I love this class.

Lunch.

12:40--Victorian Literature. Browning's "Porphyria's Lover" and "My Last Duchess." One of my absolute favorite units of the class.

2:15--Office hours. Students seem very concerned about their grades and progress.

3--Pick up Child.

Unwind a bit. Read some Mark of Athena.

6:30--Take Child to dance.
    7--Ballet.

8--Home, listening to C-SPAN radio. Child is very engaged and says that when we get home, I should run and turn this on the tv because "I'm pretty interested!"

Listen to debate, with interruption to put Child to bed at 9:30 (she would prefer to stay up, but since her sleep was interrupted the night before, I want to make sure she gets at least a semi-decent night's sleep).

To bed at soon as we're done watching the debate.

18. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

Much coldier than yesterday. Glad I'm not due to go into work. Play a lot of Runescape and watch two episodes of David Attenborough's Planet Earth series on DVD. Totter down to pharmacist to restock on Lemsip; pop into minimart next door and buy big bar of chocolate to go with it. :D Make it through dancing lesson mostly by sheer bloody-mindedness. Add a bit onto the waltz. :) Come home to find housemate has made his version of Southern-fried chicken: lovely. :)

19. fascination

thurs....drive to lessons, tired and frustrated....lessons improve things...drive to job....facilitate Grief Group.....large group, going to be alot of deep work to do there....home exhausted but dh is in a cuddley mood...who am I to burst his bubble ?....out cold before bengay

20. pygmalion

M--F:

Work: Dear Lord. When will the insane pace slow down? When? Run some reports and realize that what I've feared all along is actually true. I am twice as productive as many of my peers and getting ZERO recognition for same. TDNWMH.

Find out that another GF has resigned. I am happy for her (I suspect an as-yet-unannounced pregnancy. Sister has giant boobs, these days, and a wobbly walk. Deny all you want. You can't hide the walk, you preggos out there.) But when I pull her aside, I find that there's also something much more sinister involved. T(also) DNWMH. Any time a forty-something Black woman starts talking about God releasing her from some unnamed thing, that is not good. *sigh*

Home: Raise chillin to a whole new level. (I can't afford to get sick again.) It's the week after DS' grades were submitted, so teachers are in laid-back mode. Not a moment too soon. Another week of monitoring 27 hours of homework would have brought me to my knees.

Realize once again that adolescence must be really hard. DS wants the new Pokemon game that will be released Sunday, but he refuses to go to Gamestop, his usual place, because the cashiers might "judge" him. (Pokemon is too juvenile for cool high school DS's image.) Yep He wants to play the game, but is stuck in that I'm too old, but I'm too young limbo. I remember it well. One of these days, DS and I will have to talk about the role of cashiers in ones life. Really. Who cares if they judge? Of course, I had to get over this countless decades ago. Buying feminine products at the grocery store helps you get over it on the quick-fast. Finally. Being a woman pays off. *grin*

Other stuff: Keep a close eye on politics. Win tickets to State Fair. Read trashy novels (I haven't done this in years. Why in the world did I ever stop? :D) Plan the last potluck of the year. Fear that it may be the last ever. Friends are dropping like flies. Toxic work environment. *sigh*

ION. Break all except one of my once-gloriously-long, natural nails. This is what happens when you don't have time to top up your nail polish every day and you do the grunt work at home (Note to self: DS is the grunt around here.) *sigh*

I think that may be about it *shrug*

21. fascination

sat....drive to Y to teach spin...we are cancelling the class next week so no one shows....thanks boss...come home and practice instead...finsish a bunch of other household tasks.....tan....drive to south bend to spend time with in-laws which has gotten less unpleasant as they age....drive home, dh conks out...quality time with dtr....