yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

I'm sorry CCMM, out here, in So. Calif, in the medical communities I've worked with and been a part of via family members, a Chest X-Ray is the first thing done when there is no improvement within the first week or two, based on symptoms or after the first round of antibotics if required in the first two weeks, and because of the influx of out of country children/adults world-wide into So. Calif, it's then TB test. Also, many many, did I say many? too many to count - are now receiving Pneumonia Vaccines that are good for 5 years.
    I truly hope your DH responds to treatment sooner rather than later.
    And, just thinking out loud, is he allergic to possible "mold" hidden from eyesight - somewhere?
    ok, enough of me...fingers crossed for you and yours,,,54 days is much too long for anyone.

2. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

The Appliance Guy (that's really the name of the company; how cute is that?) came out and Fixed My Dryer!!! Yay! Now I can begin attacking two weeks' worth laundry. Yay.

To work, where all day long two of the top leaders of my organization alternated coming into my office to complain about each other. Did I mention that these were two of the top leaders??? Finally sat them both down together and worked out the issue. Told my exec to not let anyone else into my office that wanted me to be their mother. He said, "Yes, Ma'am!" and immediately asked to borrow $20. Funny guy.

Off to lessons where pro and I put together first part of showcase routine. This showcase is entirely based on music from movies (in fact, we're each showing a clip of our movie as our 'walk on') so we're doing a tango/paso to Puss in Boots. Lots of lifts and drops...very fun. We'll finish the second half of the choreo tonight.

Home to child and dog (DH is in Nairobi or some such place) where we all proceeded to tackle the pile of laundry. Child and I sorted and loaded, dog chewed on socks.

Watched Grey's Anatomy (the only time I watch TV is this show each week - my guilty pleasure.) More laundry. Bed.

3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Go to studio for early morning coaching lesson.
    It was GREAT, and given that, who needs a gym? Just go to a coaching where the coach insists
    on MORE hip swivel, MORE stretch, MORE MORE MORE...p-u - change shirts, can't stand myself. HA!
    Head to Kohl's, with sale page in hand.
    60% off jewerly, remember that DH told me 4 weeks ago, if you want to replace your diamond stud
    earrings that you lost down the shower drain when you washed your hair, don't expect me to pick
    out the earrings, you should buy them yourself. I was so hurt, because he asked what I wanted for
    Xmas - yet this was the response I got, 4 weeks ago.
    So, 60% off white gold diamond stud earrings, with a 10$ peel off newspaper sticker, plus a 30% peel off mailed to house sticker, and 70$ Kohl's cash. Paying nearly nothing for them!!!
    YEP - tickled pink, white gold diamond stud earrings, now in ears. SCORE!
    Head home, smiling all the way! And singing a happy happy tune!
    Walk into house, DH is home from gym,
    DH to me "how was Kohl's?" my response "Kohl's was MAGNIFICENT"
    DH to me "why?", I turn, I move hair behind ears,,,and Do the Vanna White modeling technique and show
    off my new earrings....
    DH turns white and face drops..."what"? are you ok? what's wrong?.DH talk to me...
    DH says,,,"can a girl have too many diamonds? Guess what I got you for Christmas?"
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh DH, so your not such a hard A_ _ after all,,,and no, silly boy...a girl
    can never have too many diamonds.
    Finish wrapping Christmas Presents.
    Watch Big Bang Theory.
    Read.....interrupted by a phone call with a choir of co-workers (ex co-workers that is) singing to me~ LOL.
    What a way to end the evening.

4. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

[quote="3
    YEP - tickled pink, white gold diamond stud earrings, now in ears. SCORE!
    Head home, smiling all the way! And singing a happy happy tune!
    Walk into house, DH is home from gym,
    DH to me "how was Kohl's?" my response "Kohl's was MAGNIFICENT"
    DH to me "why?", I turn, I move hair behind ears,,,and Do the Vanna White modeling technique and show
    off my new earrings....
    DH turns white and face drops..."what"? are you ok? what's wrong?.DH talk to me...
    DH says,,,"can a girl have too many diamonds? Guess what I got you for Christmas?"
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh DH, so your not such a hard A_ _ after all,,,and no, silly boy...a girl
    [/quote]

A kiss on the cheek may be quite continental... good for you!

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

CCM, is it possible that your husband has been exposed to mold spores, with perhaps an undiagnosed sensitivity? I know from personal experience how challenging that is to the bronchial system, how traumatic the experience can be (and to witness), and how long it takes to recover.

Another factor to consider is over-exposure to chemicals, even the combined effect of household and body care items. The lungs are a major organ of detox.

Just two things to consider in addition to whatever medical care he is currently receiving. Lung challenges are a particular personal sensitivity of mine, and I recently had one apparently related to mold for the second time in my life that spanned two months, from September to November. I did come up with a natural cough medicine that gave instant relief whenever I needed it. If DH ever expresses the desire for a natural remedy for those symptoms, PM me and I'll be happy to share it.

Wishing him a speedy return to good health...

6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I hope your husband gets better soon!

Either this, or some other "big gun" antiobiotic, was what my doctor recently prescribed me for an acute sinus infection. I'm headed back to the doctor today, because I still have lingering respiratory problems including shortness of breath and a barking cough. My guess is adult croup.

Good luck!

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

just my two cents because i have lived with a man whose cough was so bad for so long that he actually blew his belly button into an outie...aka hernia; the vaporizor overnight every night has gone a long way toward helping to soothe his respiratory system...and on those two days when I thought I might suffocate to death, it was also beneficial

8. fascination

my sympahies to anyone who gets this...I have a very strong set of lungs, I usually kick things quickly, but the thing I got this year was impressive and I have seen a number of folks for whom illness this season has been daunting

9. fascination

random bits of yesterday; mostly a continuation of the trend where everything we own is inexplicably breaking...well okay some of it is explicable...but still...

list includes; microwave...no warning...dead
    laptop,okay i spilled wine on it
    trunk of my car will not open with fob or internal release button...and yes, that is where my purse happens to be
    garage door, due to traumatic retaining wall issues last year

had nice lunch with daughter, long talk with a friend and continue to enjoy heavenly bed.... going to have to breakdown and clean house today as somehow, once a child gets home, the place goes to hell immmediately

10. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

I don't suppose your back seat folds down at all? That won't fix your trunk but could give you access to the contents.

11. fascination

there is an exceedingly small hole through which I was able to fetch a few things, with the aid of the snowscraper....unfortunately, my driver's license managed to escape my purse in the process and I do not see it in order to try to rescue it...which complicates my life greatly in terms of when on earth I can get the car serviced, like not good timing here with the holidays and my kids home and all...and how I am going to navigate life without my license is another complexity...I could not buy wine at Target just for starters :)...grumble grumble

12. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm having my own go-round with it. Being very careful to not overdo anything. I'm actually feeling a lot better today; body aches and chills are gone and only the sore throat is left.

Anyway, I used some of my downtime yesterday to get my new computer and my new audio interface up and running. Now I can finally get back to work on remixing my showcase music.

fascination likes this.
  13. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Damn girl! You are lookin' good if they aren't quite sure you are legal! ;)

14. fascination

lol...I wish...i just happen to live in Indiana

15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

The Target here requires ID for wine, regardless of age. Sometimes I want to say to them, "Didn't I buy wine from you last week and the week before and the week before? Do I really have to go back out to my car for my driver license?" No point. Policy is policy. Everybody shows ID. No ID. No wine. *sigh*

16. fascination

interesting...i do not recall having been carded for wine in Oregon at Target...and i drank a lot of wine purchased from Target while I was in Oregon

17. j_alexandra

I got carded last week, walking into a bar in Houston. Just about kissed the bouncer. Seriously? I haven't been carded in at least 25 years. THANK YOU!

Lioness likes this.
  18. j_alexandra

Oops. Catch-up time.

Monday: fly home, sleeping mostly
    Arrive, arrange repair of luggage, get car; turns out I am at the wrong long-term parking lot, and eff me, I am probably going to have to pay for *two* parking lots for the weekend, b/c computers in Newark were down when I parked, so I was never told I was in the wrong parking lot, oy
    Home; unpack, change
    Lesson! Which goes well, go figure; a nice balance of fatigue and fun
    Crash

Tuesday:
    Gyro! Woo hoo!
    Lesson cancelled; Boo hoo!
    Spend rest of day in fatigue-induced haze, until time to go to
    Theater, dreadful

Wednesday:
    Lesson; pinch me, things are going well, or else Teach is spinning me a line of crap
    Read, space out, etc.
    Theater, dreadful-er than the night before, seriously awesomely impressively bad, and this is Broadway
    Home, crash

19. j_alexandra

Yesterday, highights:
    Meet with dressmaker to pick up new practice dress; she has made some modifications in the original design, and I believe the first thing I said was, "This is exactly what I did NOT want" and things went downhill from there; I believe I used the term "nightmare" at one point; she realizes she'll have to make me a completely different dress, offers to have it ready the following day
    Deal with XSpouse in a fairly unpleasant way
    Try to go to lunch at fave restaurant as a coping mechanism; the place is PACKED, I can't get in, go figure
    Home
    Make BookTree (Xmas tree made of carefully stacked books)
    Make potato latkes for father, I have his mother's recipe and Sekrit Ingredient; invite a couple of friends, but only one comes, so, latkes for 3; if I do say so myself, they came out really, really well, alas; if they're nasty, I can leave them alone, but I'm my own worst enemy here
    Read, Z

20. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Please tell me neither of the dreadful theater experiences were Glengarry Glen Ross. B/c I want to see that.

Loved the Book Tree!