yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

This is brave of you. Your parents probably have a vision of family togetherness that they feel will not be fulfilled, but I think you are compromising beautifully by getting together with your side of the family the Saturday before Christmas. Will the baby be there then? If so, I think you should agree to put on a Santa hat so the baby can have a photo taken with Aunt Peaches looking all Christmas-y. You have special circumstances. You are in a place where you are not feeling Christmas this year, for good reason, and I think that needs to be respected. It's not like you are refusing to see family at all.

Convo I want to have with my parents:
    "So, you know how we were talking about how maybe we won't be able to go to the Jersey shore this year because of Hurricane Sandy destroying so many homes, and you said maybe Delaware, or Ocean City, MD, or the Outer Banks instead? I would actually rather go to San Diego for vacation this year because I think Child is the perfect age for it. No, not in addition to a week at an east coast beach, instead of it. We would be very happy for you to come too, of course, and everyone could decide how much touristy stuff vs. how much sitting on the beach they want to do."

Likely outcome: My parents will announce that they are planning to rent a house at an east coast beach anyway and will ask us if we could decide what week we're going to San Diego soon so they can figure out what week to rent the house at the shore. Selective hearing will be in full effect.

I may try to do an end run by enlisting my sister ahead of time. We'll see if that helps.

2. ChaChaMama

MONDAY:
    8:20--Dropped Child off at school. Went back to the house. Stomach feeling pretty bad. I like pizza and treats, but they don't like me??? General Contractor is there. Building permit from town has been received. Huzzah.

Stomach continues to not do so great.
    10-11--Nap.
    Feel somewhat better after nap.

Read Telegraph Avenue.

Pick up Child at school.

4--5.64 miles on treadmill. Good workout. Shower.

Take Child to ice skating. It's annoyingly foggy, but we manage. She passes Basic 8 and will now be in Free Skate 1! (US Figure Skating levels.)
    It is pretty clear to me that we now need to get her fitted for ice skates rather than using the ones at the rink. Maybe on Friday when she doesn't have school?

Home.
    Btw, not loving how it has gone from "Could you please take Child to skating for me?" to "I assume you will be taking Child to skating? I'm feeling woozy." I feel like me stepping up to the plate and doing Husband's share is now expected rather than requested. I don't mind doing it, but I wouldn't mind a few more compliments and thank yous. I should probably articulate these feelings to the appropriate person(s).

Write in diary.

Bed.

3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

ohhhh CCMM, San Diego? almost my backyard....yea!~.
    Decide yesterday - not to renew effort this year to look for am partner. After 4 years - and some real lackluster results, if you can call them that, it's just not worth it.
    Decide to do more traveling with DH on planned vacations.
    Watch CNN news yesterday - take pride in the country overall response to Newtown Conn and the incredible effort to prepare the vacant school building in Monroe for the smaller children.
    Speak with DD about her planned Christmas Party, once we get there - which somehow has me cooking and teaching her recipes passed down from mother to mother.
    Christmas photo cards in the mail,
    pick up two filing cabinets from Ikea for new look of den/study
    Stop at DSW to look for shoes for upcoming NCL cruise to Bahamas in January,,ok that
    may have been a mistake because I saw alot of 50% off signs.
    Watch the snowfall in local mountains, grab shoebox of ski wax, try to find old "iron" to press wax skiis...
    nooooooo brain screams, where the heck is it. This is the problem with reorganizing to the max,
    the brain does not accept the neatness abilities.
    Hang out at home - literally.
    Read, and top out the evening with Two Broke Girls - laughing all the way through it.
    Lovely.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

teach three fitness classes...pretty much immobile the rest of the day...have a lovely evening playing family games and taking personality inventories online with family..I love my family...they are so awesome

j_alexandra likes this.
  5. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Sunday:
    Utter, total complete crash and burn, plus a bit of baking

Monday:
    Lesson
    Pack and ship and get paperwork done
    Some personal banking
    Drink and din with DB#4, way fun

6. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Yesterday:

Gyro, and it was Useful
    Lesson, in which Teach used me as an example to another of his students -- both a horrible example of what it used to be like, and a better example of what happens when I do better; this was interesting, shall we say
    Pizza, wine, fireplace, and Xmas tree with my old gym workout buddies; we have not seen each other in a year, so it was a delightful reunion
    Sleep by, I kid you not, 7pm; wotthe?

7. ChaChaMama

Tuesday:
    Laundry, grocery store. Inquired, and grocery store does not carry duck breast...which was not unexpected. I had been eyeing a recipe in my cookbook for duck and goat's cheese quesadillas, but it sounds like chasing down the meat may be more of a chore than it is worth. (Though Wegman's might be worth a try.)

Check out my advisees' grades and am pleased. Out of the 15 first-years with whom I started the year, 7 will make Dean's List this semester, and only 1 is looking at academic probation. (And 1 took medical leave of absence.)

Wrote in diary.
    Picked up Child.

Made Egg Salad with Curry and Cilantro...except mine is with curry and italian parsley b/c the cilantro in the grocery store did not look at all fresh <pout>.

Read some of The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch. (Originally published in England as The Wardstone Chronicles: The Spook's Apprentice.)

Did not take Child to dance tonight, b/c...

6--Child's Winter Concert. Child plays viola and sings in choir.

Home. Read to Child while she took her bath.

Put her to bed.
    Went to bed myself around 10:30.

8. fascination

tues...take car to mechanic at o'dark thirty......continue to pretty much remain immobile til kids and I pack up to go to a service in the city for the homeless who have died on the streets this year...this is run by the chicago homelessness project and the Ignatian Spirituality project, which is run by our dear friend and of which dh is on the board ....it was magnificently done with the choir and poets all being homeless individuals or formerly homeless individuals...each deceased person was remembered in some detail of their personality...old st. pat's is truly a rocking worship community...we then enjoyed an italian meal (but tapas style service) with our dear friend and mentor....it was a lovely evening right down to the limoncello but also including the olives, sopressetta, cuc salad, gnocchi with pesto, beef tips with raab, pasta bolognese, and 4 different desserts

j_alexandra likes this.
  9. 3wishes

Up early, as always,,,why oh why cannot I NOT sleep in....yawn.
    E-mails, mailed and responses received.
    raining..cold, and snowfall ...YES!, drag out "sticks" nickname for skiis...get wax kit down.
    Turn on oven, start baking...for someone....heh heh heh wink.
    Cool, package, pack and take to post office. SHIPPED!
    Homeward, collect skiis, odds and ends, stuff DONE!
    Head out to lesson - wherein I INSIST on something fast - just so I could wake up my body apparently.
    Treat pro to just baked goods and he's quite please - as his hot tea needed "something"..ok so I get my wish,
    a really fast upper level ChaCha - maybe I shouldn't ask for such things.
    Challenge accepted from Pro.
    We both fall down in a fit of laughter.
    ok, get up, do rapid Cha again...ooohhhh NOW I AM AWAKE. teehee.
    Still raining and very cold.
    Wind picks up, house is warm and toasty...YEA!
    Generally hang out, clean up kitchen, read read and read some more...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Purr likes this.
  10. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Finished holiday baking. *thud*

j_alexandra likes this.
  11. 3wishes

Yesterday, DH went to work - YES! brain explodes,,,house to myself....back to sleep I go.
    Cold, windy, rainy - love the weather.
    Emails, responses, DF lurking about.
    Start looking at inspiration dresses as i call them...darn weight...ARGGHH. older is not always better.
    Wash car, MUD is all over the place from the rain storms and road construction...really? at least there are no bugs.
    Phone calls to plan out/map out Xmas visits.
    Step-dad informs DH how lonely it will be on Christmas Day without anyone up there or visiting (traffic is GRIDLOCK on the holidays that is why we are going up on Saturday), DH takes cover under the kitchen table when I explode
    and my mouth runs....at this statement, reminding DH (poor him), step father NEVER EVER came to my house for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day my entire lifetime after I married and after I had kids,,,in 45 years he came to my house ONCE and once only because his Virginia daughter - drove him - two years ago because she was not about to spend the holidays by herself with him. Continue to remind husband, EVERY YEAR, we have asked him "would you like to come down for a day/evening - however long? not a problem to bring your equipment, meds, etc, remind him we all have medical training, OR would you like for us to come up to your house? and be together, you don't have to do anything - it's just the togetherness that is important"....and EVERY YEAR - it's "no no no, it's too much, traffic it soo bad, it's this or that, I don't feel good, I'm in a bad mood, it's just another day....now after 45 years do you NOT get this....he likes being alone on Christmas Day, and then lords it over EVERYONE how lonely he is, how no one cares, blah blah blah...and DH he is NOT going to ruin yet another Holy Day for me by using the all too frequent and often guilt trip...this is his decision" and lastly DH,,,it was my mother that made Christmas, be it her house or our house - and when it was our house, he never came with her and they lived 1.5 miles away...so STOP feeling sorry for him, leave him in God's hands....
    As DH comes out from under the table - poor him....we both start laughing....and embrace in the warmest hug that lasts all day long.

12. fascination

good for you

13. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I am so proud of you for seeting a limit, 3W. It's not easy, but you did it. It is YOUR HOLY. No Mr. Misery Guts gets to ruin it for you. *hug*

14. pygmalion

Oy! *head thwack*

Maybe this'll teach me not to post in DF while writing meeting minutes and talking on the phone. lol. This is what I meant to say. Sheesh! I'm a nut case! lol.

15. 3wishes

1) I love my step-dad, he raised us, taught us alot about life itself and this and that.
    2) I refuse to let someone else - ruin my time, with or without my family, to honor my Alpha and Omega.
    3) I am not a mind-reader, but I do learn from experience - stop banging head against wall and it will stop hurting.
    lol.
    Onward and upward. thanks all.

16. fascination

emotional manipulation should never be rewarded...grown ups have to be able to be vulnerable enough to ask for what they need, rather than to either expect mind readers or pout and feel unloved.....particularly when evidence should reflect how irrational that is

17. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Wake up at 3:30 am with excruciating pain in the right side of my face. Thought I just had a cold but this is far from my normal cold symptions. At 6:00 call for appt at clinic; get lucky enough to get one for 1:00 that afternoon. Drive to work in the snow. While driving, get call from doctor who will see me before the clinic even opens (RHIP.) Once to clinic, doctor has no idea what I have but gives me four different prescriptions in the hope that at least one will cure me. To work. Lock keys in truck. Would never have happened if I'd been driving my car (can't drive car in the snow) but the truck has no 'accidental lockout' feature. Argh.

Meetings, where I feel very yucky. Lunch, when exec drives me home to get my spare truck key. Luckily, snow has cancelled school so daughter is home to open the door (house key is also locked in the truck, of course.) Exec drives me back to the base. Meanwhile, the base commander has issued an early release due to the continued snowfall. Drive back home in white-out conditions. Fun. Home. Listen to daughter whine about, with school cancelled, she'll have to take her last set of finals after Christmas break. I say this gives her more time to study, but that's not what she wants to hear.

LONG nap, with many blankets, heating pad, and dog to keep me warm. Wake and stumble into kitchen, where daughter makes me Godiva hot chocolate. Husband arrives home from 3 week trip and brings pizza. Yay! Back to bed early. Hopefully one of the meds will work soon.

18. fascination

wed...take spouse to train b/c we are going to need his car...teach fitness, retrieve my car from mechanic, spend rest of day cleaning up after people....bed early

19. pygmalion

That must be some snowstorm! I didn't think they ever closed stuff in your neck of the woods. I shope you and yours are safe. And I hope you feel better soon.

20. ChaChaMama

Could it be TMJ?