yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

That's comping for ya. Hope you're catching up on ZZZs now.

2. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Yesterday:

Take Houston friend to airport
    Supermarket on the way home; PO, stop to see Blond German Friend, who has just been told her mom is dying of stomach cancer; BGF has to go home to see her and is in about the condition you'd expect
    Rest of the day: large amounts of food, phone calls, and sleep
    Finally unpack suitcase and straighten up; I am becoming allergic to chaos, can't stand a mess; who are you and what have you done with JA?
    Do not go to group class as I cannot get my feet into shoes

3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Re-read the Travel Section of the local newspaper from Sunday.
    Decide to "keep" travel section, listing 49 unadvertised places to visit in San Francisco, so interesting I gotta do this.
    Head off to garden shop - 4 artichoke plants, let's just say that artichokes grow madly in my garden and I LOVE them.
    Call from doctor, "must start bone density therapy today"...uhhhh, ok. Head off to pharmacy.
    Start shopping for kitchen cabinets, decision made on new kitchen counter,,,,I'm so excited!
    Facebook to see #1 grandson in his practice baseball get-up, as he proudly tells me,,,,4 teams wanted him and out of xyz number of kids (let's talk hundreds) he's ranked 17th.
    His smile is so big,,it makes me laugh.
    Note good weather for this weekend, deciding to nab #2grandson and have a nana and me day with him...which could be wickedly fun without anyone else around...probable beach trip to Huntington Beach...and a bike ride.
    Cook up some great soup, start searching for cooking classes, one of my passions I would like to pursue more.

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's Mom, JA. Losing a loved one to cancer is a terrible thing. I can't imagine what it would be like if that loved one was my mother.

I am glad she has you as a friend.

5. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Monday: Go skate. Manage some more things that were hard that used to be easy and are getting easy again. Contemplate that I have an obsession-prone personality, perhaps. Deposit checks at the credit union (last paycheck, payment 3 of 4 for green dress, and check I didn't know I had coming but did from consignment store-bonus!), stop at Martin's for fruit I forgot to buy Saturday at Meijer (and wind up with cheese and other things, too. However, fruit was apples, apples and Brie go to together...snack when I get home.) Cook chicken thighs. Stock up for lousy Tuesday weather.

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

not sure how I missed this, but my very deepest sympathies to her...is a horrible illness

7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Cincinnati chili. A "two-way" is the basic chili over noodles. A "three-way" adds cheese to that. A "four-way" adds onions, and a "five-way" adds beans. (That's the way Gold Star does it, IIRC; other places may be the other way around.) Cincinnati chili is somewhat of an acquired taste; it looks like regular chili but is spiced differently.

8. fascination

I know about all that chili stuff...I thought they were talking about vet lingo though....maybe I need to go back and read more carefully

9. pygmalion

Oh my gosh! That sounds delicious!

10. fascination

cinci chili, also as peaches makes it is definitely a different breed of chili and is delicious...one of the very few exceptions I ever made to the walmart rule was that they used to sell cans and frozen packs of skyline chili, which I would go in and buy for my son

11. pygmalion

We were, but that's all the more reason why I asked. The same set of words can mean a ton of different things.

Apparently, five way = a set of doggie vaccinations, a really awesome chili combo, or a weird sex thing.

Any more definitions? *wiggly eyebrows*

12. j_alexandra

Blond German Friend is both falling apart and stoic, by turns. Hard enough to have your mom dying of stomach cancer. Harder to be an ocean away while it's happening, and be living from paycheck to paycheck and have no credit card. I feel for her.

13. fascination

please tell me she is going to be able to go back

14. fascination

tues....continued, little unexpected occurrences, order comp photos, take online courses in prep for an upcoming training to become a trainer of instructors....teach spin...cuddle pets...dh to return home tonight

15. j_alexandra

She may not have a credit card. I do. And I will force her to use it.

cornutt, pygmalion and fascination like this.
  16. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

MONDAY:
    9, 9:20, 9:40--3 individual student appointments, but one person had family emergency. At least the person e-mailed.

10:20--GREAT WORKS II. Communist Manifesto.

11:30--Lunch, work on letter of recommendation.

12:40-2:10--Supposed to be 3 30-minute Senior Seminar appointments. The first person blows me off.

2:15, 2:35, 2:55, 3:15, 3:35, 3:55, 4:15, 4:35, 4:55--9 individual student appointments.

5:15--Pack up and go, go, go!!!

5:30--Home, in time to meet student chauffeur/student and review the plans I sent her via PM.

7--Back to campus.

7:30-10--Modern World. Frankenstein. Pretty great discussion, given that it is at the end of a very, very long day.

10-10:30--Finish off letter of recommendation.

Home, brief decompress.

11:15--Bed in prep for Husband's surgery.

17. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

TUESDAY:
    5:15--UP!
    6--Check in at Surgery Center.
    7--Husband goes back for surgery.
    8:15--Doctor comes out and says surgery well really well. (YAY!)
    9:15--I get to go back. Husband looks MUCH better than I had anticipated. No visible bleeding!

Husband is supposed to get discharge instructions...except it turns out there is a lot of paperwork that didn't get done ahead of time. Paperwork okaying the bandages on legs. Paperwork acknowledging the status of jewelry. Etc. Etc. Then we move on to discharge.

Very early in this process, it occurs to me that I would like a chair, and that I would be much more comfortable with that than leaning over Husband's bed, but I don't ask for one.
    I start to feel...warm. I take off my big heavy sweatshirt. Then I feel a little off. They get me a chair which reclines.

PASS OUT COLD. Apparently pulse drops to 30, and I look kind of gray. They apparently used smelling salts. I didn't come around. Finally I did, and of course I was confused because I did not remember passing out at all. They are worried because I was out for awhile, am sweating profusely, etc.

TRANSPORTED BY AMBULANCE TO EMERGENCY ROOM. :( :( :(
    I feel like just a body, not even a brain. But to the extent I can think anything, I'm thinking "I really messed this day up." :(
    I'm lightheaded and super-nauseated. I get a bag of saline plus anti-nausea stuff (zofran?) via IV. And another. And another.
    I'm also worried about whether Husband is still at the Surgery Center. He can't drive because he was under anaesthetic. I can't drive because I'm too lightheaded. Turns out he called one of my work friends' husband, who drove him home...I think around 1 PM?
    Call secretary b/c I think I feel well enough to go home. Then I start to feel worse. Apologize to secretary for having asked for this huge favor and then decided I couldn't go home anyway. She is super sweet about it and says it is not my fault, that I couldn't have known I would start to feel worse again, and that she will stay with me until my parents get there. Decide to let myself be admitted.

Parents arrive from NJ! Secretary takes my Mom home and Dad stays with me while I'm admitted. Btw, my roommate in the semi-private room had had a mini-stroke. Made me think of you, p.

By 6 or 7 PM, I'm feeling better largely better, enough to make jokes. Still too nauseated to eat the hospital dinner, but I can get up and use the bathroom, which is an improvement. At 8 PM, I'm discharged.

At home. Now feel well enough to eat, and everyone thinks I should eat. (In fact, my discharge instructions are basically: take tomorrow off work, eat. Consider upping your calories for the day. Sounds fine.) My parents had gotten Husband a Mrs. Field's cookie basket for a "Get Well Soon" gift. I have some semi-sweet cookies. Also a very small piece of the lasagna that a work friend gave Husband. I seriously, seriously owe this work friend and her husband, and even more so my secretary, who stayed with me so loyally while I was lying there feeling terrible!!!!

9:40 PM--To bed.

18. fascination

oh my...please be well:(

19. pygmalion

ccm. Two things.

1) How is chachachild?

2) As ridiculous as I know this sounds, you don't seriously owe your friends and secretary anything. I am sure that they came through for you with open hearts, because they wanted to.

Oops. I guess it should be three or four things. Hugs and blessings to you and your family. I hope you have a restful day. *hug*

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Be well, CCM...wishing you (and DH) a speedy recovery.