yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

CCM, although you do need to get checked, it does sound you have been burning the candle at both ends for the last few months, taking care of your DH and everything else. This may just be your body's way of telling you that you need rest. That may be effecting your mental state too. Hopefully, with your DH having gotten the surgery, that situation is on the way to being resolved.
    ChaChaMama likes this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member addition to family being prone to fainting, could be low BP, low heart rate, low blood sugar, de-hydration, stress, peri-menopuase....I have found that having some sugar on hand and getting my head below my heart asap can often head it off if I feel it coming on
    ChaChaMama likes this.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

ccm this has happened to me many times, for a cocktail of those reasons
  4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Friday: To work, despite the fact that I'd taken a vacation day. Training class needed more time so, since I took half a day to get DS to the doctor the other day, I went in for half day Friday. Training was uneventful, mostly. Except I was planning to be there until 11:30. Class tells me they have a new schedule that says I'm there until 12;30. Fine. Whatever. These training schedules change every day, so I'm not surprised. I'll give up another hour of vacation because, honestly, the class needs it.

12:30. Go to brief the chick who's heading up training on what happened in class today and she [w]itches at me. Apparently, there was a new new schedule that she published on Wednesday 5:00 PM and emailed me. She didn't give the students a copy. She gave me a copy, in my work email, which I haven't accessed since Wednesday, because I've been on vacation. I was supposed to be done training at 11:30. I think, "Well. Ya know. Don't freaking get in my face for coming in on vacation to help you but not reading my one billion work emails. And oh btw, your administrative skills are for [poo.] email at 5:00 = non-communication, especially when you knew I was on vacation yesterday. And oh btw , if you were half as good as you think you are, the attrition rate wouldn't be so bad and we wouldn't need all these training classes. And, while we're at it, if you were a good trainer, you wouldn't be repeatedly asking me not to update training documents that any half-a-brain trainer knows have to be updated, as things change."

But do I say this? No. I just apologize, then plan to find even MORE pins for the voodoo doll I have of her under my bed. Just kidding!! I have to say, though, that, from an organizational perspective, there are few things more dangerous than a prideful person given free rein. No humility whatsoever, that one.

While I'm updating her, my boss stops by, and starts to give me an update on my project. There were a face to face meeting and conference call while I was gone. Blah. Blah. He interrupts himself when he remembers that I am on vacation and just there to be nice. Then he mutters something about getting out meeting minutes and how he's been inundated with my project lately. Uh huh. Take a walk in my shoes, sucker! You're inundated because I haven't been there to cover your butt. For. Two. Days.

Home earlier than I'd planned, because I really don't feel good. I've caught the cold that led to DS's bronchitis. I'm really hoping it stays at just a cold. Apparently, DS (who's still home from illness) is less than pleased with my unexpected appearance, but I don't care. You don't want my company? Take your butt to school. I am in a take no prisoners mood.

DF a little.

Dose DS up with antibiotics. Dose myself up with OTC medicine. Off to bed with me. No idea or care where DS went.

Wake up at roughly midnight. Oh crap! There's no way I'm going to sleep tonight. Then unexpected Zzzz. Slept until almost 7:00 AM. Feels good.
  5. fascination

sat...up at to Niles, Mich to watch nephew's basketball game, take family to lunch for sister in law's birthday....visit with family more and play fitness games on home, feed pets....df, fb, won't be up long
  6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Please see a doctor soon... back when I had mine in November, I wasn't going to go to a doctor, but my DW talked me into it. They put me on antibiotics and steroids right away. They told me that they were seeing a lot of cases this winter turn into pneumonia and because of that they were treating new cases aggressively. I did in fact develop a touch of bronchitis that took about two weeks to totally shake off.
  7. pygmalion

If I'm not feeling better soon, I will. Trying to wait it out because all the doctor will do, if anything, is prescribe antibiotics, which I try to avoid, if I can. Doing my bit to prevent the rise of resistant bugs, and whatnot. :D

Thanks for the concern. :)

DS is mostly better today, though, only eight days after he came down with whatever it was that led to bronchitis. Poor kid now has a week of make-up work for school. *sigh*
  8. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Friday: work, house stuff, piddle, unsuccessful nap, dinner and then dancing with parents, crash and their house.

Saturday: up, grocery shopping, head to brother's/SIL's house, hang with SIL and baby, make mac&cheese and baked ziti for them and stick the fridge/freezer. Walk though woods with brother and talk, dinner, dance with niece*, talk late into night with brother. Crash.

Today: up, strip bed and wash sheets, make breakfast, fold and put away sheets, drive home, nap, watch movies with DH.

Niece hates to be still and is happiest when being walked around. SIl exhausted, brother exhausted. Good music on. AT while holding baby seemed to make her very happy. Which is to say, not screaming her damn fool head off. Anything for that result.
  9. pygmalion

BTDT. :) Except with random dancing to Bob Marley. I was really into reggae when I was pregnant. When DS was born, my dancing him around to UB40, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Gregory Isaacs, etc, could calm him in a flash.

People thought I was crazy, but I KNEW he heard that music in utero.
  10. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Watch Animal Planet "cuties" program,,,and see the most adorable small/short legged kittens/cats called munchkins...and nearly tried to find some of them..."nearly"...hold me back.
    DH got ready for D.C., son and D.H calls back and forth.
    Take a look at some ballroom sisters results in Las Vegas...FB them and congrats all around.
    Take a look at the snow melting fast at 55 degrees on top of the hill,,,decide to inform Dance Pro - uhhhh, you do not want to take a lesson in slush or bring out of town water ski when they expect snow.
    It really is pretty warm.
    Countdown for a new baby of friend to arrive...she's obviously enjoying still swimming around instead of entrance to the world.
    Head out to DS new his awesome driveway that he himself did..."will have to steal his pavers" do you think he'll miss them?
    Alas, headed for sleep still thinkin about the munchkins....
  11. fascination

sunday...lots of "get ready to go away" stuff on the to -do list as i am in indy today and tomo, then driving out to see grand baby after i teach on there was pet care and bills and laundry and dishes to tend to....a long chat with a friend, vacuuming, jacuzzi, lovely dinner out with dh...and to bed early...not sure where the day went but it flew by
  12. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

3hrs of practice followed by.. a massage!!!!!!!!!:D
    Purr and j_alexandra like this.
  13. Peaches

LOL. Everyone has their things...and in the end, IM (never having had a kid) O, the only things that matter are 1)is the kid healthy and cared for, and 2)does it work. My mom swears by singing and talking, my brother paces with her, I dance with her. What works, works.

I had a good time with my brother and SIL. I think my SIL gets that she can vent to me about my brother (because if anyone KNOWS how difficult he can be, it's me) without my holding it against her. I hope she does. I really enjoyed spending time with them, and hope to make it a more regular thing. (If nothing else, this baby makes me much more inclined to go and spend the day with them.) I try not to be a burden; I bring groceries (and Starbucks!), leave their fridge stocked with ready-to-be-heated food, take care of meals, do dishes and laundry, don't leave dirty sheets or towels to be washed, and don't need to be entertained. And try to have normal conversations with them. I hope it works for them...because I'm enjoying the extra time with them. Brother has said that SIL has said she enjoys it, and that he does too, because I'm low pressure. Good. Time to keep that up.

I had an interesting convo with SIL. She asked what I'd like niece (Brooke) to call me. Interesting. I've never been asked that before. I don't have a relationship with my other nieces and nephews (all six of them), for different reasons. The oldest girls call me Aunt Mickey...heh. I'm seriously debating Aunt Peaches; DH calls me that, and I use it online, and actually do answer to it in real life. It works for me. I shall have to ponder.

Today (because it's almost over):

Non-stop busy today. Oddly, no real pressure, because I tend to arrange my schedule so that I very rarely have immediately pressing deadlines. (As in, I tend to do the bulk of work on things 6-8 months in advance, and then just refine at the end. It works for me.) But still...I crossed a bunch of stuff off my To Do List...and added half again as much. Sigh.

It was gratifying, though. A new project that I'm working on (projections, which is right up my alley) is really starting to come together. I took an old process that used to take 4-5 days and had it reworked, made pretty, and documented inside of 4 hours. And discovered very significant errors in the process...which, when corrected, have the potential to make a significant affect on the Division's bottom line. (See what I did there? Quantifying my work and accomplishments! Go me!) Much fun. More SAS; I'm not entirely comfortable with it, but getting better...and I'm deliberately choosing assignments and methods that force me to use it and become more comfortable with it. And it's paying off, which is extremely gratifying.

I gotta say: I'm so incredibly happy with my work right now. Such a good feeling. Strange--I knew my attitude was out of line, and knew my attitude was half of what was making me unhappy, but I couldn't turn my attitude around enough to help myself. And then everything changed. And now I'm stupidly happy doing what I do again. Whatever...I'll take it. No looking this gift horse in the mouth.

Home. "Decompressing" has been difficult this evening, because I'm really fired up about work right now. In a stupid way, I can't wait for 6am tomorrow, when I get to go back to working on stuff.

Good god, I'm a dork. But I gotta be me! ;)
  14. pygmalion

Hmm. IME, things evolve, when it comes to nieces and nephews, so choose wisely. My oldest nieces and nephews, who were born when I was in middle school, call me Jennifer or Jenn. My nieces and nephews (And OMG great-nieces) who were born when I was an adult are REQUIRED to "put a handle on it," aka call me something that implies more respect than just using my first name. Things evolved for me as I got older. My oldest nieces and nephews are more like peers/younger siblings. With the younger ones, I'm the Auntie with a capital AUNTIE. Make no mistake. lol.

I'm so glad you're enjoying your brother, SIL and baby Brooke. :)
  15. fascination

mon...teach a full class, food, drive to indy, lessons, food...bed soon
  16. Peaches

LOL. Yeah, I'm not getting attached to anything. There's a story as to why the older ones cal me Aunt Mickey, there's a reason why the middle ones only call me [first name], and with Brooke and Charlotte (DH's sister's daughter, who is 5 months old)...well, I'm letting their parents take the lead in directing what they feel is appropriate.

Me too. I am enjoying getting to know my brother and SIL in this new stage of their life. I'm not sure yet about Brooke, but that's to be expected. It's exceedingly nice that my brother and SIL accept my limitations for what they are, and me for what I am, and don't pressure me one way or the other. Without the pressure it's much easier to do something like hold her and dance with her...and then give her back. ;)

Interesting, too, that I seem to have become something of a go-between for my parents and my brother/SIL. I'm not thrilled with this, but it does seem to be a necessary role.
  17. pygmalion

Families are weird, P. Everybody's family. Mine. Yours. Everybody's.
  18. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

9 AM--Make-up appt. with a student I cancelled on back on Wednesday.
    12-1--Took Child to gymnastics, as Husband cannot.
    Read and comment on rough drafts of other students whose appts. I missed on Wednesday.
    Family movie night: Finish "Dr. No" and then watch "From Russia with Love."

Mostly, a day of R+R.
    -Read a little of Will Self's Umbrella.
    -Read quite a bit of Cornelia Funke's Reckless with Child.
    -Grade 6 papers. :) I'm clearly feeling better if I feel well enough to do 3 hrs of grading.
    -Family movie night: "Thunderball."
    -Put Child to bed.
    -Graded 1 more paper before bed.
  19. pygmalion

Glad you're feeling better. :)
  20. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Marathon MONDAY: There was some question in my mind whether I felt well enough to do my usual Monday thing, but decided I'd at least give it a try, what with it being my job....

Over breakfast: Grade 1 more paper.

9:10--ENG 1101. Debates about whether the drinking age should be lowered to 18, and about the college's drinking policies.

10:20--GREAT WORKS II. Selections from The Darwin Reader.

Lunch break. Made follow-up doctor's appt. Read Senior Sem drafts.

12:40-2:10--Appointments. 1st person is a no-show, again. I am standing around in ENG office with a colleague, talking about our Senior Semers. Feel a little lightheaded for the first time all day. Got back to office without it getting worse.

2:15-3:15--Office hrs. No one comes, so I handle some work e-mail. I also go down to the basement candy machine and get a bag of peanut M&Ms, after which I feel a little better.

Home. Rest in bed.
    Dinner, and a little research.

7:30-10--MODERN WORLD. Communist Manifesto.

So proud of self for surviving day!
    Purr and pygmalion like this.