yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

That might have been a better value, but we have been getting them 1-by-1 off Amazon, I think! (I don't really know how to work the system. The technological expertise in our house is pretty much: #1--Husband, #2--10-year-old, #3--The cleverer of our two cats, #4--Me.)

Purr likes this.
  2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

spat coffee on that one !! LOL

yep its 150 including a space for skyfall

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

when I was at my worst with similar issues, all of which were somewhat different, there were many symptoms some of which were present sometimes or only one time, we went through the entire litany of possibilities; stress, de-hydration, low blood sugar, vaso vagal, peri menopause, low resting heart rate and bp or a combination of any of the above....my symptons were: (always) feel faint and somewhat disoriented and stressed, often accompanied by passing out and breaking a sweat... also nausea prior to passing out (sometimes a concern that I would have ...ahem...the poo-poos as well)...also once felt fluttering in the chest for a prolonged period ending after passing out, and also headache afterward....usually laying down and having a sugary beverage have helped....the vast majority of these incidents have occurred either in the morning, in extreme heat, during or after a workout, when I have not eaten recently, when I am pre-menstrual...in absence of gatorade, I have been known to take a low dose aspirin and have a glass of wine....I always lay down as soon as I feel it coming.....I have had every test under the sun and monitors, etc...but they are not able to get it to happen while monitoring so it is hard to say.....shrug

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oh. That is so hilarious. Reminds me of a friend, E,who, many moons ago (obviously) told me that she absolutely refused to learn to program her VCR. (I said it was years ago!) Bear in mind that this was an engineer in the throes of cutting edge technology development.

She said, "Look. My husband can figure out how to set the VCR. If I learn how, that'll just be one more thing I have to do."

Power to the people. Don't know how = don't have to. lol

5. pygmalion

Yep. Went through it last year.

As much of a pain as it is, at least I know. Some scary stuff. Some not so much. But at least I know.

6. pygmalion

Mr 4S is right. $150 for all 22 films. 150 bucks. Awesome deal, IMHO.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  7. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

WOOOHOO music to my ears LOL kidding

8. pygmalion

Today: Hover over DS, mostly. Back to the urgent care facility. They check him out but refuse to up his meds. Since last week, he has developed a weird sound in his lungs. They think it's pneumonia, but don't have an x-ray on site.

It's the ER tonight or his pediatrician in the morning. Unless a sudden crisis develops, I'm going to go with pediatrician in the morning. ERs are scary places. *sigh*

9. pygmalion

Stinker. When I was checking that out, I found several other DVD/BluRay collections I MUST have.

10. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I've had similar symptoms as well, but never to the point of passing out. Dizzy, weak, disoriented, and having my breathing feel off, especially. For me, it's always blood sugar and/or dehydration. I've learned that eating badly one day wi result in the while next day feeling off. It happened last week, as a matter of fact. Hypoglycemia runs in my mother's side, so I grew up seeing the same symptoms in other people.

The only thing I find that helps get things back on track is plenty of water, some complex carbs (not many), and LOTS if protein. Shrug.

11. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Yesterday:

Gyro
    Phone call to surrogate daughter, whose heart is being slowly broken; offer sympathy and advice; suppress urge to bitchslap the proximate cause *and* her, for letting it happen in the first place, but who am I to cast stones? the heart wants what it wants
    Lesson, in which Teach and I discuss some Stuff, which rocks his world, but things are better afterwards; more clarity about goals for both of us, more understanding of where we come from and where we want to go
    Search for chamomile flowers, not chamomile tea bags; fruitless
    Home, quick lunch
    Rolfer
    Theater; a good one, by way of a change
    Home, Z

samina likes this.
  12. raindance

raindance Active Member

Minor hijack - what kind of chamomile flowers are you looking for? I have seen whole (small) dried flowers in some specialty tea bags, for example:
    http://www.mightyleaf.com/tea-pouches_herbal-tea/chamomile-citrus-herbal-tea-pouches/
    So if you only needed a few, the tea bags might do the trick after all.

If you need more, their "loose" chamomile tea looks to be just dried chamomile flowers (I haven't tried it):
    http://www.mightyleaf.com/loose-tea_herbal-tea/chamomile-herbal-tea/

j_alexandra likes this.
  13. pygmalion

Checking in, in case anybody's been hearing me whine and actually cares about this. Just back from getting x-rays. Yes. DS has pneumonia and sinusitis. (I guess the bronchitis cleared up?) He's also had three doctor visits, three antibiotic prescriptions, one antibiotic shot, chest x-rays plus a few OTC meds in the last week. Total cost out of pocket for me? $87. His Dad has AWESOME health insurance. DS is very lucky.

fascination and j_alexandra like this.
  14. ChaChaMama

Sorry to hear about the pneumonia and sinusitis. Glad to hear about the good health insurance. I am guessing that if we didn't have health insurance, last Tuesday would be the single most expensive day my husband and I have ever had, up to and including:
    -our wedding in 1990,
    -our 20th anniversary vacation to Atlantis-Bahamas, staying in The Cove (upscale part of the property) and including a dance competition.

The last time I was hospitalized for a loss of consciousness (December 2010), the hospital billed $6753, and BC/BS decided they would like to change that number to $1428.75. My co-pay was only $35. Wow!

There was another bill for the ambulance that was originally charged out at something like $650, and at first I thought I was getting stuck with the whole bill. Then I learned that the ambulance is a separate company and had never seen my insurance card at all, what with my not being able to whip it out while strapped to a gurney. I think I wound up having to pay around $125 for the ambulance.

Without health insurance, that day would have cost me over $7000...so I can only imagine what my husband's surgery + my ER visit would cost if we were paying out of pocket.

15. pygmalion

Yes. Without insurance, DS's "cold" would have cost in the neighborhood of $1200, so far. The funny thing is that the most expensive line item was the OTC medicine. Who knew cough syrup cost so much?

16. pygmalion

I should add that it would have cost *somebody* considerably more, if I'd had to take DS to the ER last night. (It came close, but I really didn't want DS in an ER in the middle of the night unless it was unavoidable.)

17. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

I needed loose chamomile, but I needed it on-the-spot; I will recommend your links, though, to teh friend who asked for it. Thanks!

18. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

P- I hope your DS gets better now that he's been properly diagnosed.

19. pygmalion

Thanks. He's already enough better to be really annoying. *grin*

I'm thinking it's the shot in the butt. (He would be so mad if he knew I posted that, but I claim Mom privileges. lol) It's so funny. DS sent a text to his best friend last night, to get school assignments, etc. His friend told DS not to worry about pneumonia, because "All you need is a couple shots in the a$$ and you'll be fine." So what did DS get when he went to the doctor today? A shot in the butt. I could not possibly have laughed harder. It was classic. DS will never live it down, even long after he's able to SIT down. What a hoot! :D

ChaChaMama likes this.
  20. ChaChaMama

News flash: I just found out that we do not have a blu ray player! So I revise my earlier statement. The technological expertise in the house goes:
    #1--Husband, #2--The 10-year-old, #3--The cleverer of our two cats, #4--The dimmer of our two cats (or rather, the one who focuses 90% of his brain energy on trying to fool me into feeding him twice), #5--Me. I still, however, would like to think that I outrank #6--The dog, as I do not bark hysterically as if the remote control might be a taser anytime someone goes to turn on the television.