yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Thursday:
    AM: 6.7 miles on tm, if I recall correctly. Yay me.

11:30-1--Academic Planning Committee.

1-3--Individual meetings with students. One is a make-up meeting with a senior who wasn't ready for Senior Sem on Wed. I told him I could meet with him if he sent me pages the night before. He sent them to me...at 2:46 AM. This is not what I had in mind. He agreed he had messed up and lost the chance to meet with me this week. C'est la vie.

Went and got my hair colored and flat ironed!

Read with Child.

Friday:
    Late for important meeting due to ridiculous lookie-loo behavior of other drivers on one-lane road. Oddly enough, discouraged I didn't care at all.

8:10-8:30--Meeting with new Provost.

9-10--Individual meetings with students.

10:20-11:20--Great Works II. Achebe's _Things Fall Apart_.

11:30--Meeting with student.

12--Head home, pack.

1--Leave for NYC, picking up Child on way.
    4:15ish--Drop her at Mom and Dad's house.

4:58--Train from NJ to NYC.

Pick up dinner at Zaro's Bread Basket. Eat and get changed.

7:30--DANCE LEGENDS!!!!
    Really nice atmosphere. And you know who the only couple was that got standing ovations for all five numbers? Eugene and Maria, my favorites. They really won the crowd's hearts. :) <3.

2. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Saturday:

coughing for a week now; TDNWMH
    spend day doing basically nothing until time to go to Dance Legends
    skip after-party b/c not feeling well, go home and Z

3. j_alexandra

Sunday:

still coughing, still annoyed; consume chicken soup by the gallon and take meds
    that is all

4. j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Ballet cancelled; do laundry instead and finally finish unpacking from Taiwan
    Go to lesson, after much waffling b/c of cough; do I or don't I? coughing has eased some, and lesson turns out to be one for the record books in terms of changing my mind around, yay
    To H/X, to do whatever work is available, which in this case seems to be getting X to hire a new driver, as his last 3 have quit on him, one after the other (four, if you count me); you'd think he'd take the hint, but if he were capable of taking a hint, he'd be someone else
    Field phone call from accountant, who has good news (on Income Tax Day? holy cow!)
    Coughing stops; miracle!
    Go to group class in evening, and miracle that started in lesson continues, expands, becomes life-changing (I hope)
    Soup and salad at fave restaurant afterward, on the phone with a buddy
    Home, finish laundry, clean sheets are so lovely on this day of miracles

chomsky likes this.
  5. ChaChaMama

J_Alex--Sorry the nagging cough hasn't taken a hike yet. Glad to hear you were still able to do your lesson yesterday!

I started to get caught up yesterday, but Mondays are my crazy day at work, so only got part way.

Saturday:
    Leisurely morning with the Husband. :)

Then shopping spree at Macy's! I got two new evening gowns, one of which was a bargain at 25% off. The other one will need to be shortened, but it is a great purple color with lots of jewels.

Brunch with my best friend and her girlfriend.

Rest, then back to Macy's to get jeans for Husband. (We hadn't had time to finish our shopping before the brunch.)

Dinner at Thai Select. Ate too much.

Got dressed and then off to Dance Legends! Enjoyed it...possibly not quite as much as Friday, which was a really great night for me, but a lot. Stefano and Dasha were great, and I'd never gotten to see them before. I also really appreciate Louis van Amstel's creativity.

Got to see quite a few DFers this weekend, btw, including:
    -J_Alex
    -Meagan
    -IlyZislin
    -10dancerbabylin
    -SDSalsaguy
    -Mandicraft

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my usual monday...which is the best possible monday :)

j_alexandra likes this.
  7. ChaChaMama

Sunday:
    8:30--Gym. 6 miles on treadmill. Really appreciated my treadmill after running on the hotel's (probably used and abused) Precor machine. There was absolutely no cushioning. Each footfall during that first mile felt like I was directing dead energy into the belt. But I got used to it eventually.

Showered, got ready for...

10:30--Brunch with my very good friend E!

12:14--Train to NJ.

4ish-7ish--Drove home. I drove first and everyone else slept. Then Husband drove and I finished reading Cornelia Funke's Fearless out loud.

Home. Some relaxing time.

9ish--Grocery store.

Bed.

8. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

6 days of allergies, sneezing and Kleenez...through a blur of sleeping and knocking out with meds, opened my eyes long enough, yesterday, to witness, with horror,,,the Boston Marathon - bombing(s). sigh.

9. fascination

tues...4lessons, drive home, teach spin, attend advanced group class....forgot to eat.....collapse in a heap.....

10. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I wish I could forget to eat. :)

11. fascination

trust me, it doesn't happen often

cornutt likes this.
  12. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I forget to eat (or rather lose track of time and don't realize how long it's been since I've eaten.) Believe me, the splitting headache when my body decides to forcibly remind me about it is not much fun.

13. fascination

right...I pretty much just disolved into a little puddle

14. 3wishes

Sat up for the first time in almost 6 days. My Dear Sister, FB-ed me with a strong suggestion by her doctor for an allergy med combination....and it's working!!! so far.
    I'm so grateful, you have no idea.
    Spend afternoon with GS#2, who thinks Nana is very funny carrying a box of tissues with her everywhere she walks.
    GS goes to dance lesson, Pro's son and GS are like glue together playing and each is mad and sad at me when I say it's time to go. Ok, I cannot win this round.
    Home, tissues, tea with honey, DH makes me rest and brings lots of soup. ahhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,sneeze. ARGGGH.

15. fascination

teach two classes...pretty much remain immobile for several hours, then summon the energy to go to bed...wake feeling pretty crappy....spend evening on couch...to bed around 10 but dh was stressing so a very crappy sleep...today is not looking good at the moment

16. 3wishes

Pick up Perrenial Gardening Magazine and out of sheer curiosity another Mag that announces a
    20K cupcake winner - just what is THAT recipe about...I'll try it - decided - and see if it's a 20K winner in my mind.
    DH is excited about that prospect. HA!
    Lesson with Pro. Goes well except nothing stays in my brain.
    Groceries.
    Exhausted. Back to sofa. Watch "The Chew" sugar rush episode. DH babysits me (I think he just wanted to see the deserts they were making).
    Phone call from dad - he offers to do anything for me if I need anything, anything at all. That is really sweet, considering I'm the one taking care of him.
    Attend an evening service for a ballroom sister and physician who has left this physical world much too soon.
    Home and straight to sleep.

17. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

job security....;)

18. ChaChaMama

Monday:
    9, 9:20, 9:40--ENG 1101 appts.

10:20--GREAT WORKS II. Things Fall Apart.

Lunch, prep.

12:40, 1:10, 1:40--Senior Sem appts. (12:40 blows me off, again. )

2:15, 2:35, 2:55--ENG 1101 appts.
    During last of these appts, I am chatting with a student who is being honored at a ceremony later that afternoon and we realize we're not entirely sure about the room number. Go to look it up and news of the Boston marathon bombing pops up. Oh, %^$#. Tell student he is going to want to look at this news story.

4:30--Ceremony to honor students accepted into new Global Fellows program.

5:30-6:50--Home for din and downtime. Get to hear Obama address the nation.

7-10--On campus. Teach MODERN WORLD. "The Metamorphosis." One student, who has had a life-changing migraine for the past several YEARS, says "This book is about me."

Home. Collapse.

TUESDAY:
    8:40, 9, 9:20, 9:40...10:40--ENG 1101 appts.

11:30-1--Academic Planning Committee meeting.
    1-2:30--First Year Team meeting.
    3--Pick up Child.

4:30--Take Child to dance.
    5-8:30--She dances. I write in diary.

Stayed up too late, but can no longer remember why....

WEDNESDAY:
    Dog woke me at 6 AM, even though I don't have to get up until 6:30ish.
    Dealt with First Year team related stuff.

9, 9:20, 9:40--ENG 1101 appts.
    10:20--GREAT WORKS II. Finish Things Fall Apart. Start One Hundred Years of Solitude.

Lunch and prep.

12:40, 1:10, 1:40--Senior Sem meetings. Last person of day--who has struggled a lot, and whom I have been patient with and given pep talks to--THANKS me for my patience and for being so good to him. I really appreciate this.

2:15--ENG 1101 appt.

3--Pick up Child.
    Tried to make work related phone call. Fail, as person not at desk.

Goad Child to write up science project. She felt nervous about this ("I don't know how to do it"), but she has plenty of data and I knew she could do it. Really, my job mostly consisted of reading the direction:
    "Okay, well, the next step in the directions says to list your materials." --Child does it herself.-"The next step in the directions says to describe what you did. So I would list each of the ten bananas and the conditions you subjected them to." --Child does this.--
    Etc. I also occasionally bribed her to keep her going. Really, I think she needed my moral support more than my help. It only took her about an hour, including putting cute banana graphics next to the title.

6:30--Take Child to dance.
    7--She dances. I gab with another mom, then write in diary.

Child and I watch some videos of her from 7 years ago, when she was 3 1/2. Unbelievably cute. And boy, we all look so young. I swear, my Mom looks like she could still be in her 40s or 50s seven years ago, at least on video.

Helped Child deep condition her hair.

Went to bed on early side.

19. fascination

sleep poorly....awake and crabby....but teach a pretty stellar class :)...home to a plate of spagetti and a nap...I know, but 15 hours of exercise in 5 days merits one day of weakness...tan for the first time in months, just because....office politics....attend the spin class of a co-worker....just because....home to warm the couch....annoyingly alert....hope it ends soon

20. ChaChaMama

THURSDAY:
    Slept until 8:15. (Thursdays are supposed to be my sleep-in day every week, but often I have too much on my plate or just can't sleep in b/c I wake up and my brain kicks into gear.)

Got up and Husband had indeed taken Child to school. I asked if she had remembered her science report. No. And this, my friends, is why moms have a hard time sleeping in! (Child remembered when she was in the drop off line. Le sigh. I think Husband was hoping I would go run it up to her, but I didn't volunteer and he did it.)

Got some needful things done AND got my dance notes from the previous week typed up. Did a little practicing.
    Stomach was a little sour, though.

10:30--5 miles on treadmill. Not as good a workout as I have been having. Got tired more quickly than usual and had to slow my pace.
    Shower.

12--About to leave for Towson. Notice phone msg just came in. Teacher wants to postpone until weekend. Can do.

Grade papers.

Read with Child.

Walk dog with family.

Watched some vids of Child when she was little. These are hilarious to us.

Wrote in my diary.

Bed.