yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

trust me, it doesn't happen often
    cornutt likes this.
  2. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I forget to eat (or rather lose track of time and don't realize how long it's been since I've eaten.) Believe me, the splitting headache when my body decides to forcibly remind me about it is not much fun.
  3. fascination

right...I pretty much just disolved into a little puddle
  4. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Sat up for the first time in almost 6 days. My Dear Sister, FB-ed me with a strong suggestion by her doctor for an allergy med combination....and it's working!!! so far.
    I'm so grateful, you have no idea.
    Spend afternoon with GS#2, who thinks Nana is very funny carrying a box of tissues with her everywhere she walks.
    GS goes to dance lesson, Pro's son and GS are like glue together playing and each is mad and sad at me when I say it's time to go. Ok, I cannot win this round.
    Home, tissues, tea with honey, DH makes me rest and brings lots of soup. ahhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,sneeze. ARGGGH.
  5. fascination

teach two classes...pretty much remain immobile for several hours, then summon the energy to go to bed...wake feeling pretty crappy....spend evening on bed around 10 but dh was stressing so a very crappy is not looking good at the moment
  6. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Pick up Perrenial Gardening Magazine and out of sheer curiosity another Mag that announces a
    20K cupcake winner - just what is THAT recipe about...I'll try it - decided - and see if it's a 20K winner in my mind.
    DH is excited about that prospect. HA!
    Lesson with Pro. Goes well except nothing stays in my brain.
    Exhausted. Back to sofa. Watch "The Chew" sugar rush episode. DH babysits me (I think he just wanted to see the deserts they were making).
    Phone call from dad - he offers to do anything for me if I need anything, anything at all. That is really sweet, considering I'm the one taking care of him.
    Attend an evening service for a ballroom sister and physician who has left this physical world much too soon.
    Home and straight to sleep.
  7. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

job security....;)
  8. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

9, 9:20, 9:40--ENG 1101 appts.

10:20--GREAT WORKS II. Things Fall Apart.

Lunch, prep.

12:40, 1:10, 1:40--Senior Sem appts. (12:40 blows me off, again. )

2:15, 2:35, 2:55--ENG 1101 appts.
    During last of these appts, I am chatting with a student who is being honored at a ceremony later that afternoon and we realize we're not entirely sure about the room number. Go to look it up and news of the Boston marathon bombing pops up. Oh, %^$#. Tell student he is going to want to look at this news story.

4:30--Ceremony to honor students accepted into new Global Fellows program.

5:30-6:50--Home for din and downtime. Get to hear Obama address the nation.

7-10--On campus. Teach MODERN WORLD. "The Metamorphosis." One student, who has had a life-changing migraine for the past several YEARS, says "This book is about me."

Home. Collapse.

8:40, 9, 9:20, 9:40...10:40--ENG 1101 appts.

11:30-1--Academic Planning Committee meeting.
    1-2:30--First Year Team meeting.
    3--Pick up Child.

4:30--Take Child to dance.
    5-8:30--She dances. I write in diary.

Stayed up too late, but can no longer remember why....

Dog woke me at 6 AM, even though I don't have to get up until 6:30ish.
    Dealt with First Year team related stuff.

9, 9:20, 9:40--ENG 1101 appts.
    10:20--GREAT WORKS II. Finish Things Fall Apart. Start One Hundred Years of Solitude.

Lunch and prep.

12:40, 1:10, 1:40--Senior Sem meetings. Last person of day--who has struggled a lot, and whom I have been patient with and given pep talks to--THANKS me for my patience and for being so good to him. I really appreciate this.

2:15--ENG 1101 appt.

3--Pick up Child.
    Tried to make work related phone call. Fail, as person not at desk.

Goad Child to write up science project. She felt nervous about this ("I don't know how to do it"), but she has plenty of data and I knew she could do it. Really, my job mostly consisted of reading the direction:
    "Okay, well, the next step in the directions says to list your materials." --Child does it herself.-"The next step in the directions says to describe what you did. So I would list each of the ten bananas and the conditions you subjected them to." --Child does this.--
    Etc. I also occasionally bribed her to keep her going. Really, I think she needed my moral support more than my help. It only took her about an hour, including putting cute banana graphics next to the title.

6:30--Take Child to dance.
    7--She dances. I gab with another mom, then write in diary.

Child and I watch some videos of her from 7 years ago, when she was 3 1/2. Unbelievably cute. And boy, we all look so young. I swear, my Mom looks like she could still be in her 40s or 50s seven years ago, at least on video.

Helped Child deep condition her hair.

Went to bed on early side.
  9. fascination

sleep poorly....awake and crabby....but teach a pretty stellar class :)...home to a plate of spagetti and a nap...I know, but 15 hours of exercise in 5 days merits one day of weakness...tan for the first time in months, just politics....attend the spin class of a co-worker....just because....home to warm the couch....annoyingly alert....hope it ends soon
  10. ChaChaMama

Slept until 8:15. (Thursdays are supposed to be my sleep-in day every week, but often I have too much on my plate or just can't sleep in b/c I wake up and my brain kicks into gear.)

Got up and Husband had indeed taken Child to school. I asked if she had remembered her science report. No. And this, my friends, is why moms have a hard time sleeping in! (Child remembered when she was in the drop off line. Le sigh. I think Husband was hoping I would go run it up to her, but I didn't volunteer and he did it.)

Got some needful things done AND got my dance notes from the previous week typed up. Did a little practicing.
    Stomach was a little sour, though.

10:30--5 miles on treadmill. Not as good a workout as I have been having. Got tired more quickly than usual and had to slow my pace.

12--About to leave for Towson. Notice phone msg just came in. Teacher wants to postpone until weekend. Can do.

Grade papers.

Read with Child.

Walk dog with family.

Watched some vids of Child when she was little. These are hilarious to us.

Wrote in my diary.

11. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Dinner with Samina; we set the world to rights and enjoy ourselves
    Home, meds, Z

Lesson, in which some really seriously interesting stuff happens, and I feel like a beginner again, and I do not mean that in a bad way; it's a good thing
    Dinner in NY, then theater; show is Motown, holy cow, I loved that music, back in the day; the audience goes gaga, it's interesting to watch father watch show, b/c he does not love that music
    Home, z
    samina likes this.
  12. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Meet with DB#1 to discuss fund raising plans for wheelchair dance
    Lesson, which makes everything I've ever learned insignificant and opens new horizons, and again, this is a massively good thing
    So juiced after lesson, I turn my brain off, consume alcohol and calories and go to bed early, coughing very, very little, color me happy
  13. fascination

fri...teach zumba...teach bike and care////symphony=vivaldi, mozart and beethoven....field museum member night....exhaustion
  14. ChaChaMama

fascination--That sounds like an amazing night!!! Which Vivaldi, which Mozart, and which Beethoven? I was recently listening to part of Vivaldi's "Four Seasons." And I used to listen to Beethoven's piano concertos all the time back when I had a car with a cd player.

j_alex--Sounds like some AMAZING lessons.

Wake up to all kinds of breaking news about Boston marathon bombings.

Husband is in new healthy routine. Now that he is feeling better, he has decided he wants to get his weight back to where it was pre-illness and is making healthy smoothies. The problem is, he for some reason chooses 7:40 AM to do this. This is when I always make lunches...and this smoothie making is a big production, for whatever reason. So I wind up leaving for work without a sandwich [or a smoothie, for that matter!]

8:30--Deans and Directors. I think this meeting goes until 10, but I have to leave after 25 minutes because I teach. I am the ONLY member of D+D who teaches at 9:10, so I get to be awkward every single time. Yay.

9:10--ENG 1101. Tips for oral presentations. It goes reasonably well.
    Attendance is spotty. This has been a bit of a pattern on Friday of late.

10:20--GREAT WORKS II. _One Hundred Years of Solitude_.

Lunch break. Run to atm on campus. Donate $40 toward platters for colleague's wife's post-memorial service gathering. (She died of breast cancer a week and a half ago...only in her early fifties. I was going to go to NYC again this weekend to go to Tribeca Film Festival, but will be going to the memorial instead.)

12--Meeting with Curriculum Committee about Transfer Student Seminar. I guess this is a good discussion, but it reminds me yet again of how insanely glacial change is in academia. We have before us a course that everyone thinks is a good idea...but there is some talk of "Is this a change to our curriculum if we add a mandatory course for transfers? I think you need to have open meetings with the entire faculty to discuss this." My counter-point: It won't be mandatory. It will be highly recommended. Students will be enrolled in it, but will have the option to opt out. Well, how will they know that? Are we counting on advisors to communicate that? What if a student fails the course; do they have to take it again? Etc, etc, etc.
    So the course will run as a special topics for a second semester. And I get to run an open meeting or two in the fall. Huzzah.
    1:30ish--Home. Make self a sandwich!

Read with Child.
    Take nap.

We watch half of "The Man with the Golden Gun" for Family Fun Night. Not one of the better Bond movies. We are watching them in order, but none of us are enjoying Roger Moore. Child said 1-5 are the best because of Sean Connery. I love it.

Write in diary and stay up later than I should have watching videos from when Child was younger. (Also some older dance comps, including the Manhattan Amateur Classic dance competition circa 2007.)
  15. fascination

Vivaldi was concerto in A major for strings....not a particulary inspiring piece in my mind ...though I loved the 4 seasons...Mozart was the Prague symphony and Beethoven was the 4th Symphony...on balance, was wonderful as always
  16. fascination

oh...and I left out lunch in the Walnut room...a classic downtown Fields will never be Macys...never

was a very long day and dh got tired so I had to drive home even though I was tiredas well, b/c dh will fall asleep at the I am just now getting up...our daughter and her friends met us and they are sort of late night people (like all college students) and we had to take them back to Evanston before we went home it as an ordeal
  17. fascination

today...because I am nearly done;

sleep in til 9:30...immobile for a few hours...practice music for an event I am singing at the cathedral tomorrow, get in a decent dance practice, nap, spend some time outdoors shoveling cow poo into my raised gardens...pretty tired and sore...going to soak in the tub and probably spend the rest of the evening on the couch nuzzling dh
  18. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Fasc, that sounds like a perfect day! Some productivity, some relaxing, and some things you love all mixed in :)
  19. fascination

no complaints....I generally like to be more productive....but it was absolutely neccessary
  20. fascination

sunday...dh leaves for LA...practice...sing confirmation at cathedral...listen to a few friends who are having issues with their pros....really tired....nap...empty trash, do dishes...pretty much nothing else besides keeping the couch warm....and bed will be soon