yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

friday...teach bike and bench...chase down dog who breaks out of back yard...clean kitchen...practice...make dh a superior dinner

today; teach blast, then interval, tan, buy card, and b-day cake for dh, spend bulk of the day doing yard work....anticipate an early bedtime

2. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Tuesday:

Wakeee wakee early, 2am; flight to Denver uneventful; flight from Denver delayed 2.5 hours; curse you, sequester!
    But, since I have dance shoes, and ipod, and headphones in my carryon, I have time and space for some practicing, and at least am moving for part of the wait time
    Get unexpected phone call just before boarding; make arrangements to respond to it after I get home; long story short, after driving home, eating something, and catching up on email etc, am on the phone for 3.5 hours, until the wee small hours have turned to dawn; this will come back to bite me in the knat later
    Z at last, but not much

Wednesday:

Groggy R Us
    Lesson, therefore, is not what you'd call stellar
    Stop to see X, get some business done
    Get hair colored, very necessary
    Have a date; not gonna turn into a friendship, but at least I stuck a toe into the waters
    Home, read, Z

3. j_alexandra

Thursday:

Mammogram. 7am. who books a mammogram at 7am? I do, going on the "if you have to eat a live frog, do it early in the morning and then get on with your day" theory of life
    Lesson, in which all the crap from yesterday has miraculously vanished and I am finally able to absorb something Teach has been trying to get me to do for a while; did I say a while? years
    Color me ecstatic
    Rolfer; more with the ecstasy
    Buy herb plants; one of these days, it'll be spring for real, I want to be ready
    Pack and ship some stuff; X has his off-again on-again sometimes GF visiting; this is a Good Thing
    Long phone conversation with hottie contractor, who moved to Georgia and I miss him terribly
    Make a simply stellar dinner, but nobody I invite can join me, so, like the Little Red Hen, I eat it myself; alas, the wine I cook it with is also simply stellar, and -- dear heavens, did I actually drink *that* much wine? let's draw a curtain over that moment
    Full moon, spring, river, beautiful, beautiful night
    Z

4. fascination

reminds me that my mammo and blood work order have been sitting in the trunk of my car for at least a month....probably more...and, before any nagging ensues, I get one every year......

5. fascination

sun...doing today now as I am fairly certain the eventful part of the day has come and gone

today is dh's b-day...so coffee, classical music, dh makes his beignets and opens presents, calls come in from our children, we take advantage of having the house to ourselves:cool:...we also book a long weekend over memorial day to a 5 star hotel and spa...lunch...and we head off to see "42" at the theatre...enjoy it....going to make wok chicken tonight and serve his birthday cake....will squeeze in a dance practice as well.....

j_alexandra likes this.
  6. j_alexandra

will you wish DH a happy from me, please? I have very fond memories of good conversation with him, and a splendid Chicago day!

7. fascination

certainly ...we are currently on different floors of the house taking a cyber break from one another ...but we are certain to re-connect again soon....

8. j_alexandra

Friday

other than starting the process of cleaning off the porch in preparation for good weather, damned if I can remember, until it was time to pick up father from the airport

9. j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Read a bit
    Go with BFF for her hair appointment; we use the same salon and stylists, so this is way fun; we have much girl face time, and it's been a long time
    Lunch with her
    To theater with father; show is quite good, Nathan Lane is a force of nature and I never really appreciated the full range of his talents until last night
    Home, z

10. j_alexandra

Yesterday was the hair-and-nails/long chat day. Pretty sure. Yup, yesterday.

11. fascination

lol...yea...I figured that out...but you were faster

12. j_alexandra

13. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Monday-Wednesday--Worked extra hard trying to compress a 5 day workweek into 3 days. Came close to losing my patience when two students e-mailed me complete drafts of their senior seminar essays on Tuesday night, one at 7:41 PM (28 pages) and one at 8:09 PM (27 pages), prior to meetings at--if I remember correctly--12 PM and 1 PM on Wednesday. Seriously, people??? And the first of the two needs A LOT of work. It was painfully hard to read. The second one, which I didn't get around to reading until Wednesday itself, was gorgeous.

Thursday--Up at 5:30.
    9 AM flight to Seattle. Arrive 11:45 AM their time (2:45 our time).

As you may have surmised, no, this is not a good time of the school year for me to be taking a long weekend...but it is Husband's step-dad's 80th birthday weekend, and you only turn 80 once. It also happens to be my birthday weekend, and my birthday was actually on the Saturday this year, but I am taking one for the team!

Check in to Silver Cloud Inn in the University district.
    Get to see their apartment, which has a UNBELIEVABLY GORGEOUS view of Lake Seattle and the Cascade range.
    Dinner at Husband's mother and step-father's country club.

Friday--Read with Child.
    Lunch at country club with the relatives.
    6.1 miles on treadmill.
    Apartment complex April birthday party event at 4 PM. Lots of old people and Child is
    the only child there, but she handles this well.
    Pizza party afterwards.

Saturday--My actual birthday.
    10 AM--Meet with friend from a different internet board and her 10 year old daughter and we have a playdate at PACIFIC SCIENCE CENTER. Very fun. Had lunch afterwards at Rice and Spice...and the friend treats us, which was way too nice.

Back to hotel. Nap.

Dinner that night at Il Terrazzo Carmine, step-father-in-law's favorite Seattle restaurant. Also a couple presents for me: a gift card to one of my favorite clothing stores and some cash. :) I see dancing in my future!

Sunday--
    6.32 miles on treadmill at 6:15 AM.
    12:35 flight home. Child and I finished reading Flyte, the seventh and final book in the Septimus Heap series.
    Flight was a little bumpy at times, but we had a good tailwind and arrived early. YAY! Unfortunately, we then had to sit on the tarmac for 20 minutes because they had nowhere to park the plane. Boo.
    Child was somewhat unpleasant on the drive home...overtired and determined NOT to fall asleep despite reasonable points made by parents. Sigh.

Home, tired, with a somewhat stressful week ahead of me as both ENG 1101 and Senior Seminar have their big research papers due Monday, plus Mondays are my long day anyway...and the laundry fairy did not show up and miraculously do my laundry over the weekend. :) I'll get through it.

14. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Slew of days but really fun.
    Pick up GS#2 Friday - DH brings GS#2 to studio for his kids group class, GS#2 is feeling his oats with other kids while I have private lesson with pro.
    Head to Upland Lemon Festival with little man. Carnival rides are decidely his age group and cheaper than LA County Fair.
    Home late. Little man sports huge smile on face with cotton candy at end of evening.
    Up and on the road to palm springs/palm desert with little man.
    Swimming gear and swim toys packed.
    Great Grandparents - thrilled to see him - immediately kidnap little man for a ride in custom Golf Cart decked out in USC and Marine Corps colors, decals. Little man does not even wave goodbye - he's thrilled with Golf Cart riding.
    Brain tease enters my mind (I should change their colors to University of Redlands, my Alma Mater! just for sport!) HA!
    ahhhhh, little man returns.
    Everyone prepares for pool...(there are 18 pools here!). Watch golfers come by patio window,,,,
    Head to large pool, tennis tournment on other side - teaching pros play offs for Variety Club charity, great games...and can watch matches from poolside as well! WOW!
    Little man makes friends with two very tiny young ladies - and they are off an running. Where has the time gone?
    Ice Cream break! poolside. Yum=o (really frozen yogurt but they don't care)
    Off to change clothing and out to dinner - little man is seated next to great grandfather,,,and I flashback to our own DS who use to sit next to him when he was a little boy.
    Strumming guitar player starts singing to little man, who jumps out of his seat, and breaks into rapid fire dance moves in the middle of restaurant,,,guitar player goes along. LOTS OF PICTURES are snapped!
    and clapping ensues.,
    Take GS to Marriott Hotel - show him all the exotic birds, lobby, inside lake, go on spontaneous boat ride...he's so amazed and excited he cannot even get the words out! These are,,,the times of our life!
    Back to parents home,,,,little man....is clearly tired ...does not want to give up. We all laugh, enjoy the night sky and stars.
    Talk about Stagecoach in Indio - huge Country Festival (Keith Urban and others) as we watch lots of people load up to go.
    Breakfast on the outdoor patio, all of us note that little man is sleeping sleeping sleeping....and laugh.
    His great grandparents are savoring this time with him. They are so active, I pray I am that way in my 80's.
    Awake, and another golf cart ride, breakfast, duck feeding, and heading off to the Living Desert to feed the animals and such.
    Heading home,,,,,all smiles.....tons of memory making moments...and no electronic devices...at all...not even a TV for 3 days and 2 nights. Imagine that!

j_alexandra likes this.
  15. 3wishes

Realize project start date is drawing close for kitchen.
    Parents call..."we are going to stop by with your Jersey aunts on the 20th, they are landing in the morning at LAX and since we are driving by"
    UHHHHH, warn parents about demo of kitchen but hey, we can sit in the garden patio and visit.
    Talk with dad about his military service and other family of his generation that served.
    Challenge coins come out of DH pocket, throws the coin down at breakfast,,,against (dad)...who also has his challenge coin.
    As they one up each other.
    Prepare items to take to Emerald Ball. DH...to me "will there be anyone there I know? your joking about a jacket for Thursday evening right...why are you dancing so late....does Pro know you are not, even on a good day, a night person?"
    Seriously, the third degree from DH....I'm about ready to suggest hearing aids, we've been through this twice already.
    DH discusses, since I'm dancing afternoon, he's going to our store to work, check mail, issues, since we will be "right there"...really...right there....he will drive a whooping 3 miles away from the Hilton.
    I silently bless him...THANK YOU...for not hanging around Thursday morning....whew.
    Firm up road trip plans to Oregon...DD#2 has taken days off...and will take jr. high kids out of school so we can go to Powell Book Store. all of us.
    I love Oregon.
    Watch The Voice, while going through dance patterns in my brain.
    Decide I like this show.
    DD calls...shaking with excitment, she PASSED PHASE 1 and PHASE 2 of her teachers exam for Texas so she can teach 8-12 grade and/or K-7.
    I AM SO HAPPY, DH is thrilled beyond belief....she already has several offers, plus her discipline was Special Ed here in Calif. but she couldn't get into Texa schools for her to teach...garden variety of reasons.
    RELIEF washes over us,
    DS calls....he is thrilled for his older sister....this has been a long long LONG road.
    Happiness ends the day!

16. fascination

oregon <3
    enjoy

my mon and tues...the usual, only the most wonderful editions of the usual...on my little cloud...going to stay there for a while..and it was mostly standard...who'd have thunk it?

j_alexandra likes this.
  17. 3wishes

Get outside and attack front and back yards with Turf Builder Spray, Miracle Grow, trim all the roses, pull weeds.
    Great workout, better than the gym.
    Cancel circuit training - trainer wishes me luck - :)
    Informs me of GU stuff at Sport Chalet to help me have energy for late evening scholarship...hey I jurst want to be awake!
    Husband walks in door of home, looks at me through patio door, sneezes sneezes and sneezes...announces he does not feel good, at all, YEP got that - your never home by 10 a.m. from our store.
    I decide to stay in backyard, tell Dear Husband where supply of DayQuil, NyQuil and Tissues are stored.
    DH selpts to his chair with blanket, supplies and pillow in hand!
    Note to self" STAY AWAY...pleasseeeeeeee, do NOT get me sick today or tomorrow geeeezzzzzzzzz.
    Head out to lesson. Pro is sneezing his head off...I'm starting to feel surrounded. YIKES.
    Sport Chalet - pick up that stuff trainer suggested and experiment.
    Wish previous ballroom sisters best of luck and good dancing as they head off for hotel.
    Return home, DH is fast asleep, between coughs and sneezes.
    oh myyyyyyyy. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    Pack bag, check everything.en
    Note the yardwork was a great bodily stretch before lessons. Must do it more often.

18. fascination

wed...teach two fitness classes, meet with administrator to plan trainings, lunch, calendar planning and calls, pet care, dishes, vacuum, mop...nap....couch potato...bed soon

19. fascination

thurs...teach fitness, tan, manicure, pick up dry cleaning, pet care, nap, early dinner and long conversation over skinny margaritas with a girlfriend...snuggle time with dh....

20. 3wishes

Yesterday(s), meet previous ballroom sisters at Hotel Bar for late bite to eat and conversations.
    Lost voice...laughing so much. Good sign?
    Up early for warm up with pro, head off to amazing work out center in the lower lobby, run 1.5 miles, Eliptical 20 minutes and a full Yoga session. Feeling really good.
    Upstairs, shower, make-up, do my hair.
    Weird feeling overcomes me...not use to a late start time. Time for lunch!
    Head to ballroom with my "go bag"...or rather magic of tricks called (food, water, first aid, aspirin, towel, mini fan!) HA!
    Silver singles go rather well, actually better than I could ever imagine.
    Scholarship.....fabulously over the moon, pro is like a little kid ear to ear smile for me. New experience being announced from the stage and stepping down. Glad I DVD'd it...DH was very ill and could not come...this was great for him to see.
    Had dinner with friends, cooed 30 day old baby girl with red hair,,,,watch ex-pro be a proud papa holding her...the ahhh moment happens.
    Note his plate of cheesecake,,,remind myself when the evening session is over, I'm SOOOO diving into a slice of that!
    Change back into dress, back to evening session, fighting the urge to sleep...watch and cheer other students.
    Finally, my evening is over at 11:45 p.m.,
    Collect a really great travel bag for participants, pictures with everyone...
    Remove shoes...walk barefoot, ahhhhhhhhh, nice.
    Get to room, ORDER CHEESECAKE at midnight....open the drapes, sit at sidetable, enjoying every bite, and watching the stars, text with SwayWithMe after meeting up and having story sharing times throughout day....a way good day/evening.
    Nighty night.

Sania, SwayWithMe and j_alexandra like this.