yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

2. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

3. j_alexandra

and another week has gone by that I'm going to summarize. I feel like I'm twisting in the wind, these days, most days.

Sunday: trying to buy plants; what's with the crappy selection of roses this year? I need to replace at least two, maybe 3, and there are just no good roses out there
    and it's still cold, but at least not snowing

Monday: have decided not to go back to ballet for the time being; it was causing me too much pain, especially to my knees, and I need my knees
    Lesson, in which Teach leads me through the entire pattern of what we'll be doing in the group class later that night, and informs me that if I hadn't actually followed it, he'd have pink-slipped me
    eta: this is his idea of humor
    Deal with X
    Work with DB#1 on some fund raising ideas for wheelchair dance
    Group class; waltz

Tuesday:

Gyro
    Lesson, and some stuff Teach has been trying to wallop into my head finally starts to gel
    Theater, well done but I hated it

Wednesday:

Lesson, and the gelling continues
    Rolfer, swooooooon
    Lots of cooking

4. j_alexandra

Thursday:
    In this morning's mail, one of my two cooking magazines arrives; the next thing I know, I"m baking Donut Muffins, b/c I have all the ingredients and it seemed like a good idea at the time; comes time for adding sugar annnnnnddd... I have one cup, and I need two, one for the muffins, one for the topping; bake muffins, and the moment they come out of the oven, nip off to local corner store where I spend, I kid you not, $6 on a 5-lb bag of Domino sugar; TDNWMH, but I broke a cardinal rule: check the ingredients before adding liquids to the dry ingredients... meh, I've had more expensive lessons in my time (btw, the muffins are basically plain muffins with added nutmeg, then brushed with melted butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar)
    The search for roses continues; this morning, I go to the nursery where my mother and I used to shop for plants, it was a favorite hangout for us, especially in winter for windowsill-plants; the owners are still the same, go figure, only they got grey, but they remember me, even though I haven't been there in about 10 years; nice to feel local
    But still no roses; apparently, this year, the weather has kept nurseries from getting roses yet; gentlemen, it's the beginning of May, if not now, when?
    Deal with X, who is becoming weaker and more frail all the time, and I foresee the time coming when he'll try to make this my problem; am strategizing for that
    Home; have client for writing! Maybe one day, I'll actually get PAID for this!
    Theater; OK, not great, a period piece from about 120 years ago, but it's not often you get to sing along with such ancient songs as After The Ball, Fascination (yes!), I'm Always Chasing Rainbows, And the Band Played On; the playbill had a song sheet, and one of the characters from the play came out before each act and accompanied the audience on a tinkly upright piano, a nice moment, seriously, this is NYC?

5. fascination

lol...woke up because my right ear was ringing, probably from my allergies, but of course I was certain I was having an aneurysm so I wanted to tell dh so that if I went unconscious he could tell the paramedics...as usual, I would have been screwed b/c he remembered none of it this morning :)

j_alexandra likes this.
  6. fascination

we had a similar thing a few weeks ago where I know I heard gun shots...and well, let's just say that it's a good thing that, whatever it was, it had no interest in our home because my hero wasn't budging :)

7. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Oh Good Lord...he sounds like mine!

8. 3wishes

:) Wake up in blissfully quiet hotel room, with toenail throbbing and about to come off, after pro stepped smack dap on it in the last VW of the night...yes there is actual blood inside shoe and on toe, but HECK I smiled regardless while eyes were crossing and rolling back and my brain was screaming SONS OF GUNS! but hey, I kept moving...thank goodness that was the last dance.
    Slowly pack up.
    Eat my made at home breakfast, note the 60 can insulated roll along collapsible cooler from Rite-Aid is worth it! worked out incredibly well for bringing my own stuff from home. Repack, clean out, reice bag.
    Coffee, I NEED coffee!
    Call desk, ask for late check out. Movin slow. Steaming hot shower,,,oh yea,,,the glue that is in hair,,,(Got 2b Glued) tons of conditioner.
    Head downstairs to browse the vendors....purchase brand new smooth gown, very edgy look, but I love it!
    Meet up with ex-pro and coo baby girl yet again....oh myyyy, she's so tiny!!!! my kids were bowling balls. go figure.
    Meet SwayWithMe at picture desk by happenstance. Lovely good morning lots of laughter and stories.
    Watch a few standard rounds,,,,get caught up when ballroom sisters approach.
    Goodbyes all around, head out, traffic all the way home! yep, don't miss this at all.
    DH is still sick sick sick with no stamina at all. DH and I watch the DVD from Emerald. I seriously hate the Over the Head level of these things and how "wide" berth they make me look. geeezzz. DH still appreciated the DVD and loved watching the stage entrance. He notes loudly, "man that's a crowded floor"....really? would you like to see my bruises?
    Discussion about Oregon road trip. Will delay one more day for his health benefit.
    Take little man to group dance lesson, he catches onto hip hop moves like white on rice. I am shocked. really shocked.
    Take little man home to his house, where 7 baby kittens are waiting, I'm such a sucker for kittens and puppies....mama cat was not pleased I was in the room....she let me know as well!
    Unpacking will have to wait, kitties need holding....ahhhhhhhhhhhh,,,they are soooo soft! GS#2,,,,,is a definate animal lover.
    I watch him with his mother, the cat, the kitties and have thoughts that when he grows up, he's going to work with animals.
    Ahhhhhh the dreams of a nana!

9. fascination

sat...phone w/ friend, tan, buy cat food, drive to indy...showcase...fun, but my part was just just so-so...to hotel and out
    today...drive home, help a fellow instructor plan a class...wash gown, mop, do dishes...pizza...plan on doing nothing until bedtime, which will be early

10. 3wishes

leave home, road trip to eugene oregon
    rain, wind, rain,,,,all before solvang, more after and salinas is our stopping point. head to the pinneacles national park, soledad, caliif, and it is just nasty weather.
    leave salinas in thhe rain, murky weather, head through the bay area, then 550 bypassing sacramento, more open land, rice fields, dark clouds and rain. end the day in redding/shasta.
    head into shasta mall, select bracelet for daughter, get a free jewerly box for gd, both engraved, pick up see's candy for her family and dh bbuys me oakley sunglasses for mothers day, my most favorite pair for hill use! color me stoked!
    text from pro, wishing he was taking this road trip and seeing oregon. my feet do not miss the shoes and studio floor yet.
    df with gorme and swaywithme, fun! more df when hotel room is next to truck frontage road, wishing i had the hard of hearing my dh has! one more day, and dd#2 will be invaded!

11. fascination

wed...teach interval...begin voluntary bathroom renovation at work...this was an exceedingly stupid idea made more obvious after we tore the wall paper down...primal scream...itching from severe bed bug exposure....trip to lowes for renovation supplies, trip to walgreens for various physical needs...feed animals... back to renovation and sub two more fitness classes...whine and moan to husband...go to sleep til awakened by more horrible bites...it is going to be an ugly few weeks

12. j_alexandra

BEDBUGS? AAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCKKKKKK

time to find a new hotel?

13. j_alexandra

Friday last: reading, gardening, theater: just in case anyone's interested, the new version of Pippin is WONDERFUL
    Saturday: errands; social dancing, which I enjoyed b/c a friend I haven't seen in a while was there, and he is simply delightful to dance with
    Sunday: work competition in Stamford, CT; dinner/wine tasting with friends at favorite restaurant, a memorably lovely day

14. j_alexandra

Monday:

Ballet, probably for the last time, my knees just can't take it
    Lesson, in which more new stuff happens and I start to integrate it into last week's new stuff
    Visit from my buddy the contractor, his wife, and the 4 month old baby, as well has his 4 year old daughter; my father, who adores babies and little kids, is deleriously happy, the kids are happy, I'm happy; contractor and wife seem happy; a great visit
    Another visit, from photo buddy
    To House of X to pack and ship some stuff
    Group class
    Home, din, Z

Tuesday:

Gyro postponed, yay; I have a crazy busy day
    Lesson, in which things get memorably interesting and I get an actual "well done" from Teach
    To NY to have a session with Yamuna, a bodyworker who defies description, it's worth looking her up online; the session is magnificent
    Drive home; change clothes lightning fast, and... drive back in, to go to theater; Bette Midler is wonderful, but the show is not
    Home, Z

15. fascination

yes...time to find a new hotel...2 strikes and no apology or refund as of yet...done

16. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Tuesday - hour drive for hike in park, dancing at weekly swing dance, followed by 1 hour drive home and then Latin dance for 15 minutes

Wednesday - Turns out 15 minutes of Latin dance was worth it as club owner needed to get a dj next week and thought of me. So djing the 14th of May. (I think she would ahve even if I didn't go as I usually dj whenever there is a 5th Tuesday of the month, but it can't have hurt - plus got to see some people that I haven't seen in a long time when I was there.)
    Also, swing dance at Lot 10. Met a nice lady there...ended up having a good conversation about dance with her and a couple other people.

17. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

back in the office after a weekend of:
    dining at Bazaar
    dining at nobu malibu
    dining at morels at THE Grove and seeing the cast of the Voice minus usher adam levine is handsome and shakira is .....:p mario lopez was there too
    being in the DWTS audience monday and meeting brooke burke
    including yelling at Len for missing the Salvador

seeing iron man 3
    seeing django unchained in the hotel

i need a nap ... work is easy compared to play

18. fascination

awake in the wee hours itching ...teach blast at 8...scrape wallpaper off gym bathroom walls...lecture self for this folly...home to pay bills feed animals, and do laundry, back to gym for more of same...dinner with dad and his wife soon...as if I didn't have enough need of adult beverage....

19. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

enjoy....in moderation of course:cool:

20. fascination

actually...it has to be iced tea...b/c otherwise, I will fall asleep in my soup