yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

be still my beating heart:rolleyes:
  2. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Cancelled circuit training right off the bat. UGH, too tired, exhausted and mentally unfit to even be there.
    Walked 3 short walks with DH down the street and back. Success!
    Listened to the wonderful sounds of a hammer pounding out the ceramic tile counters!
    Checked-off the new materials.. My heart soars with anticipation.
    DH and I watch a few recorded shows.
    He actually records DWTS finals last night and we are both deep in emotion with Kelly and Dereks contemporary dance. Beautiful.
    Quiet night...plastic hanging from walls, empty cabinets, no water...ahhhh all is well in this household.:)
  3. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

fascination and Mr4Styles--So you two are doing Millennium, probably? I've only been to it once, and it has switched locations to someplace far more convenient since then. This year, however, ChaChaPapa has a business trip (ironically, also to Florida, though not Tampa) over those dates, and someone has to drive ChaChaChild to her JHU CTY creative writing summer camp and to swim practice.

Iced my ankle and wrote in my diary.

Put away laundry.

Got stuff ready for work meeting.

1-2--Work meeting where we stuffed folders for big deal First Year Seminar meeting on Thursday and talked about orientation.

2--Library meeting on new technology rich room. It is labeled a "learning space," but apparently there will be no regularly scheduled classes in it. Classes can schedule it for one time use and there will be special events and meetings there. I have all kinds of misgivings about this...but hey, not my job to worry about it, I suppose. I'm just a department library rep.

3--Pick up Child, who is very emotional and also very hot. (It was in the mid-80s and they had recess and PE back-to-back.) Try to deal with that.

Come home and check work e-mails. Two quite unpleasant ones. Fabulous. Deal with one. Point out to student that her very bad situation is of her own creation, and make it clear that her attempt to blame shift a little makes zero sense...but then generously offer to give her one more chance. (I don't want to go into all the details here, but if you knew the circumstances, you would be shaking your heads in disbelief.)

5-8:30--Child at dance. I write in diary and read. Child in much better mood after.

Deal with other unpleasant work e-mail--eating all kinds of humble pie, and quashing the urge to tell the other person to stop flying off the handle over nothing-- and put Child to bed.

Ice ankle.

4. Mr 4 styles

im doing it for sure entries etc all in air booked ready to rock!!
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yesterday....nothing much worth sharing....taught three fitness classes, cleaned the house, various other unremarkable things...basically too tired and sore to function other than that
  6. ChaChaMama

9-11--Composition instructors meeting.
    Some chatting with fellow instructors after.

1-2:30--Read Senior Seminar of student who didn't hand it in until exam week. Submitted new grade. Student can now walk at graduation, as far as I am concerned.

3--Picked up Child.

Iced ankle and read Dance with Me: Ballroom Dancing and Promise of Instant Intimacy.
    ***Fascination: Your instructor is mentioned on pages 73-74! I think you would find this book interesting.

While thinking about the book, I did a little calculation of how much I spend on ballroom in a year. That was interesting too.

At some point, read with Child and iced ankle again.
    Took Child to dance. Chatted with another mom.

Home. Put Child to bed. Wrote in diary. I think I iced again.
  7. fascination

oh if necessary..who wrote it?... I can't hardly imagine him in a book with the word intimacy in the
    samina likes this.
  8. Mr 4 styles

the only reason we keep doing it is i wont let my wife add up the cost

meh... no kids and ya cant take it with ya:eek:
  9. fascination

I have added it is sobering....which is why I continue to add it up and continue to scale back...making dh acquire that book on his kindle we are going away and I don't think I can get the book soon enough ...and now curiosity is getting the better of me
  10. Mr 4 styles

for me... we have no other major fiscal responsibilities so i dont care... but the mrs is thrifty by nature so she pays more attention
  11. Mr 4 styles

lol umm err they have a daughter....:D

jusss joshin
  12. fascination

moving right along, before I have to post in the "ever been fired" thread....

regarding expenses, we have a child at northwestern (who also poses an immanent expensive wedding threat), a child in law school, and a, I have other considerations....(this doesn't even come close to encompassing the various other expenses that loom large upon the horizon...including some house repairs)...and the ballroom expense is cumulative...I have been doing this for 8 years now at a fairly respectable, it is time to be somewhat more prudent
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  13. Mr 4 styles

LLMMAOOOOOOOo never happen hes lucky to have you!!
  14. Mr 4 styles

if it wasnt for those darn kids..

channeling scooby doo villians here
  15. fascination

no offense, but your opinion on that matter is not so relevant (ie. I am not so confident that he would agree with you :))
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  16. fascination

true...still won't be my fellow dancers who pick my nursing home or come to visit me I think I had better exercise some common sense :)
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  17. fascination

having said that...thank you for the compliment...
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  18. fascination

wed....teach 8 and 9 step classes...tan, shop, clean house, feed animals, teach 2 evening classes....bed
  19. fascination

doing today the pillow calls....teach three classes...home to food and nap...laundry, dishes, pet care, back to gym but 4th class was cancelled, drop birthday gift off to friend and visit...home to food....soak in tub....pretty much done for
  20. ChaChaMama

8--At work, xeroxing stuff, in preparation for...

The session went well and I am SO happy (and relieved it is over).

9-9:30--Review of key dates in advising process and new student orientation.
    9:30-9:45--What's new in 2013.
    9:45-10:15--Explanation of new approach to flex sessions/College 101 type stuff.

10:30-11:30--Brainstorming to prepare formal document of learning outcomes for FYS.
    11:30-12--Long term vision.

12:30-1--Advice to advisors.
    1-2--Strategies for dealing with students in distress.
    2-2:30--Title IX briefing.

Clean up, then home.

Read a little, but very tired.

Read to self (Dance With Me).
    Read with Child (The Last Apprentice: Rise of the Huntress).

Wrote in diary.