yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Pick up GS#2 at 8:30 a.m. after buying EVEN MORE water floats at Rite-Aid (buy one get one YEA).
    Head out to Palm Desert.
    Try to explain to GS#2 - what 2nd cousin is....
    Get to dad's house at Indian Ridge....Open Arms, as she is on phone with younger sister who has recently moved back to the States after living in Vienna Austria for 10 years. My nephews are now in high school and they run to me...ARGHGHH....the hugs almost break the back (the boys are huge) but I so enjoy the embrace.
    GS#2...stays silent....assesses his relatives...and then
    He learns how to play cards,,,and some sort of Russian card game similiar to "war"...
    They teach him, how to shoot water guns, jumps on the floating rafts, cannon balls, fun stuff....
    Round them up, head out to Babe's...for great ribs and a late Fathers Day lunch as most of us are actually in one place.
    Joined by baby sister,,,very surprising...and the chatter, catching up...conversations cover lots of ground.
    The boys - keep our little guy quite busy and he's loving it.
    Back to the pool, where I'm taught to drive a golf cart and the boys hang off of it while I have all the rafts in the cart...dad takes pictures....we look like total tourists on vacation.
    Giant water fights start between all the adults in the pool, the boys duck and cover, then toss the ladies off the floats...GS#2 learns that he likes being thrown by his cousins into the pool...he's such a lightweight, he flys with the greatest of ease.
    Back to house to cheer on Boston for some and Chicago for others....lots of noise, more board games, pizzas, avocados, asparagus grilled,,,,it's truly a great family time as most of us are together again in one place. Watch Boston lose Hockey Game (booo, hisss),,,round up GS#2 who now refuses to leave with us...load car, DH starts driving,,,before we get to fwy,,,,GS#2 passes out...this was a great day!

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

short version of the week...at millenium...mostly pleased with it...home now...sputter, gasp, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

j_alexandra likes this.
  3. 3wishes

Up early, cool marine layer, decided on rising to "get after it" in the yards,,,weeded, pruned, mulched again, spread Sluggo around veges and herbs.
    Kids, sending video clips to me and each other,,,WOW,,,DS has some hot peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, Italian parsley, limes, and bell peppers....amongst his dahlias, petunias, babies breath...it's goregous...his neighbors are threatening to "pick clean" the front yard vege garden,,,giving him a run for his money! lol.
    DD#1 - watermelons, corn, tomatoes, pumpkins and strawberrys - LOTS. in Texas.
    DD#1 - calls, has been hired by Harmony Charter School in Round Rock Tx..near her home...I am delighted, overjoyed and quite happy, her first true teaching job will be 3rd grade and she can finally be off my "checkbook" plan! LOL!!!! She's so excited..it's spilling over to everything else.
    DH comes out to give a hand and he ends up cleaning out the garage, re-organizing shelves, sweeping, climbing the ladder to the rafters - getting out his frustration of not being able to weight lift until cardio appointment clearance....this goes on for hours.
    Take advantage of the cooler weather, cause triple digit heat is coming.
    Go to paint store, I'm suddenly in love with Benjamin Moore paint colors...they give me two sample pints oooohhhhh the halls and living room are going to look GOREGOUS darlin'.
    DH converses with me on the fight he had with DS on Sunday. Has regrets...this is a dad/son thing...I give him a hug and listen.
    Start looking at Banff Canada hotels and activities...our September road trip...planning has begun! Possible hiking in the near future!
    Phone dies...I mean..really...nothing but a blue screen...look up solutions...pray they work. And WELLA midnight,,,phone starts working again.
    CHICAGO wins the Stanley Cup...WHAT A GAME! I love good ice hockey games.
    Purchase hose attached house wash solution for the outside, the final thing to do for the home to be shipshape and no worries for several years! FINALLY! ...and all because I wanted a one piece countertop for the kitchen...everything else fell into place....funny how that works. WINK! snicker!

4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

cooked a completely vegan three course meal for the mrs came out awesome

roasted garlic white bean dip
    roasted vegetable with pasta
    roasted fennel and arugula salad with curry vinaigrette

lotta roasting lOL

dancelvr likes this.
  5. fascination

um...are you on the right thread?

6. fascination

mon, home around 4 basically immobile til cuddlefest... :)

today/tues...sleep til 10, watch the trayvon martin/zimmerman trial, wash gowns, visit w/dtr, take her to train, begin to clean and organize post-comp...teach spin and boy did I need that workout...eat pasta...pretty much horizontal now

7. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I haven't been on here in awhile. Short summary:

June 14-15--Child's dance recitals. Went very well. Parents visited.

June 17-21--First year advising week. Advised. A lot. Answered colleagues' questions. 1.5 hr. meeting with first year team. 4.5 hour meeting on outcomes assessment, which is already a pretty dry topic, and, to add insult to injury, the guest speaker was 1.5 hrs. late. Also made homemade vegetable-barley soup in the crockpot on Friday.

June 22--Child's first swim meet. Personal bests in free and back. I was a timer. I also managed to hurt my back...but not lower back this time, thankfully. Mid-back on right side. I actually think I probably tweaked it earlier in the week, and then exacerbated it carrying my backpack style pool chair. I have been doing a new stretching program to try to improve my flexibility and I think I overdid it.
    June 23--Took muscle relaxant which knocked me out all AM. Then lunch with Child's BFF, bookstore to get textbooks, and orientation for Child's CTY camp in the PM.

June 24--CHILD'S FIRST DAY OF CAMP and FIRST YEAR REGISTRATION!!! Actually had to pull off the highway after dropping Child at camp to take phone calls from students. Then home the rest of the day, trying to facilitate. Moved scheduled Tuesday lesson to Wednesday to give my back another day to recover. I think the problem actually originates in the neck. Necks are tricky bits of business.

June 25--Transport Child to camp, some advising work, first run since injuring back. Running didn't re-tweak the injury. I ran my choreo by myself, and I do think there are still some things I need to be careful about. Did some reading about living-learning communities. Took Child to swim practice. Wrote in diary.

8. 3wishes

:)Celebrate with DH in morning, DD full time teaching job. RELIEF!
    Get out to front yard, rip out huge lavendar bushes...
    Watch DH go head over tea-kettle and nearly down the front lawn staircase when he pulled really hard on a bush root and it let go....ran over, looked at him,,,he stared at me..."are you ok?" I said,,,,his reply "what a way to start the day"
    WHEW, he nearly broke his neck...
    Inform DH, go sit down...I'll rake...you rest. lol!! thanks for helping!!!
    It gets hot hot hot...and we swim swim swim.
    Take little man to dance lesson, he is 90 miles an hour today.
    Back to the house for more swimming and booking flight for Austin,,,,may take little man with me to play with cousins and give his mom her own one week vacation from being "mom" 24/7. :)
    Started reading Tom Sawyer again, love this book, childhood favorite.
    Pretty simple evening,,,just what the doctor ordered!

9. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

yes it was yesterdays activities that day:D

10. fascination

wed...teach two fitness classes, get good reviews from new boss and meet with him for a while...feel mostly good about this...home to kitchen full of dishes courtesy of my family while I was at comp...in fairness, dh usually handles this...spend some time setting up appointments with engaged couples, trying to budget my upcoming competitions, soaking in jacuzzi, nuzzling kitties, and other tasks in attempt to return order to my hhome and yard, also watch Martin/ Zimmerman trial...nice evening alone with dh...feel so blessed that after 28 1/2 years we still enjoy each other

11. 3wishes

The heat has hit! Early morning AC turns on. oh MY!
    Speak with GS#2 mom about him traveling with me on JetBlue to Austin. She agrees,,,,now...wondering...I hope he actually gets on the jet with me! Plan B - in development with DH...lol.
    Hear that Pro and Wife and children are back from Russia - ok, so the vacation for me is now over somewhat.
    Assist DD in searching for an I-Pad that she doesn't want to buy new....go figure. argghhh.
    Swim early, no yard work - yippeee - all caught up--- feels good.
    DH and I discuss interior paint colors....seriously disagree with each other....
    Finalize plans for trip to Texas,,,a summer trip that I swore two years ago over the 4th in Austin that I WOULD NEVER DO AGAIN. and, yet.....here I am....headed back down there so the cousins can have some time together. sigh.
    It's a good thing....right? I'm melting...melting I say....m e l t i n g..........

j_alexandra likes this.
  12. fascination

thurs...teach an oldies class, go to bank, get gas, go to walgreens for stamps and a few other items, head to farm market. wash/mop/sweep/shampoo/vacuum every single floor in the house...make chop suey, screw up the rice...do more dishes and laundy..cannot remember what else

13. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Just work. Oh how I wish I was in dance class. Two more days...

14. fascination

15. fascination

fri...teach bike and bench...try to put out some fires from people who are not handling the transition well....it is tiring to be the only non-reactive person in the room, but well worth it...just a skill that saps me...pick up dtr from train...spend rest of day pouring over training manuals...cook dinner for dh and dtr's bf...more study...allergies today are horrible from all the dust and pet dander I kicked up yesterday doing the floors...hoping I will be able to sleep...and breathe

16. 3wishes

Seriously, Eugene Orgeon is lookin' so much better for July than Austin Tx...which DD would scream at me for bailing.
    I've promised myself, lots of swimming, floating, water sources to cool down with kids.
    DH and I look at Banff Canada - discuss hotel vs rental home....we do both, frequently in our travels...this is different...he actually WANTS to stay put...ok,,,maybe he's changing his road trip ways...my mental outlook is brighter due to this.
    Work out yesterday was great!!!
    Started watching Games of Thrones DVD beginning with First Episode - as I work out...and the work out went really fast.
    Head off, collect GS#2, "PaPa G" as DH is called - teaches him about Challenge Coins...and gives him one.
    GS#2 immediately pulls it out and challenges,,,wins a Lemonade!
    See Pro at Studio with visiting Pro from England...he's a tall drink of water...that one. I mean basketball star tall. WOW!
    Visiting Pro teaches children's group class and GS#2 cannot stop staring at how tall he is. ahhhh to be 6 years old.
    Back to the house for more swimming.
    DH and I decide to invite our neighbors who do not have pools over,,,as it's reported that the weekend will be record breaking triple digit heat. Not seen since 2010.
    Call Palm Desert Dad - leave - go to San Diego,,,it will be 120 at your house. Call Step Dad - DO NOT RUN AROUND TOWN - your city will be 111.
    Us? 108. time for GS#2 to be with his dad in the south bay 10 minutes from the beach where it will only be 82.
    Gotta Love IT!

17. fascination

saturday...practice smooth and standard, tan, go to a coaching, home to play tennis w/dh, dtr,and her bf, un-do all that good work with pizza, watch big bang, study for training...in bed by 9:30

18. 3wishes

Pick up around house.
    DH and I work out at home, noted it was seriously going to be 108.
    Keep the house cooler by not drawing drapes.
    DH heads out to up the hill to check on my step-dad.
    I head to surprise welcome back home party for Pro and family (they thought they were teaching a group class only to have it hi-jacked by all of us and the other instructors) quite fun.
    Cut half the length of my hair off.....damage control from all the pool time.
    Cancel outdoor music on the lawn plans at local park, it seems to be getting hotter as the evening goes on.
    Seriously, there is nothing moving outside, not one person, not one critter either.
    Just hot air.

19. fascination

sun...clean house, tan, buy bouncey balls for fitness class, buy groceries...clean house and do yard work, cook...host engaged couples retreat at our home....clean up....collapse...nuzzle....sleep soon

20. fascination

wow..3 wishes, I know this will sound crazy, but I would actually like to know what that kind of heat feels like...here ithas been constant rain....which is not working for me