yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

what day is it?....um...teach a class, try to do something with my dad for father's day, but he can't commit without a permission slip from his...um....wife (for lack of the better word)...so he'll probably get his gift in the mail since he can't get off the leash...oh well...too done with it to be as bitter as I sound...drive to indy...pre-comp lessons...I think we are navigating that well...knocks on wood....drive home...tan...begin dh's dinner...will not be long for the world

2. stash

stash Well-Known Member

yesterday: last day of class. bittersweet ending. But I actually got to help with pouring both the aluminum and bronze molds :) That was an experience of a lifetime!

j_alexandra likes this.
  3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Loved reading this story! Please post updates.

4. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

THURSDAY:
    8--Woken from first decent (=more than 6.5 hrs) this week by phone ringing. It is our next door neighbor. She is at work and the boys (11 and 13, I think) are home alone....the phone cuts off. The weather is awful. My guess is we are under either a tornado watch and she would like the boys in the basement. Husband takes care of this while we have a little breakfast, then we repair to our own basement.

The weather front passes and we resume normal living.
    2:45--Get ready.

3:15--To venue.
    3:45--Call.
    4--Hair and make-up must be set.
    4:30--Run the finale first.
    5--Run the show in its entireity. Tonight, Child is in numbers 33 ("Love Shack" tap production), 46 (hip-hop-"Ladies with an Attitude") and 57 (Jazz--"Hip to be a Square." And no, I don't know why anyone would pick this song in 2013.)

Afterwards, Child is palling around with a family with all 3 girls on the performance team. Warms my heart.

5. fascination

FRI...teach bike and bench...home to coordinate some emails...go to bank, mail gifts to cutest baby in the world, pick up a few odds and ends for father's day and for comp, tan...laundry, pet care, numerous other organizational tasks, cook dh a magnificent dinner (a nice ham, cheese tortellini, green pepper, broccoli slaw salad with honey mustard and pepper, alongside home made corn bread)...pretty much beat...looking at a 9 oclock bed time

6. fascination

doing today now...because, again, I will be useless for the remainder of the day

wake around 8, df
    take dad to brekkies for early father's day...this is not as pleasant as it should be but it isn't his fault
    tan
    home to pack, spot stone gowns, various other house and comp prep tasks....pretty much crashing and burning...been wanting to sleep the last few nights early...but body wouldn't allow it, think I am going to win tonight

7. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Stood in my revamped/resurfaced/reworked kitchen. Overwhelmingly - amazed.
    Cleaned dust from every surface, contractor worked on electrical outlets and new GFI code meeting plugs and such.
    Did I ever really have that much counterspace? We decide the Stilestone counter is perfect in all respects.
    DH and I run about the garden, cleaning, putting away, taking apart the grill and trying to figure out why on earth it is not lighting from the pilot. ARGHHHH.
    Pool time before lunch,,,ahhhhhhh. Gotta get rid of bathing suit lines.
    Check in with DD, GS#1 in All Star Little League Championship Game/2nd Baseman/switch hitter and fielder.
    YES, in fact, 7 years old - uses right and left hand...but likes left handed activities best. COACHES LOVE THIS!
    Tight game, video clips coming in at maddening pace. Tie, tie, tie, every inning runs from both teams occurring.
    GS #1, up to the plate, tie game, bottom of the final inning, winning run on third and two outs.
    HE SWINGS, HE HITS, it goes over everyones head in the field...YEAAAAAAA SCREAM!!!! The winning run comes in and it's madness on the field as the dug-out empties and parents/coaches go wild!
    OH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, We are so completely happy last night....GS calls DH...."did you see?"
    ahhhh, how baseball connects the family,,,,,
    Check entries for Desert Classic...note that there is now a "C" age group for closed scholarships added on June 11th. THANK GOODNESS,,,,love the over 51 scholarship groupings....I'm not whining, it's just my choice.
    Call organizer, switch out age groups for scholarship.
    Start reviewing "flash sales" for cruises....(non-advertised short sales)...There are some great deals out there!
    Connect with Las Vegas Hilton....get room for 3nights/4days for $190 total. YES!!!
    Secretly purchasing Celine Dion tickets for Husband....
    When he clears his Heart Exam next week....This will be waiting for him...(tickets) in a "knew you could do it" card......Looking good going into the evening!!! Until I see the paint cans that is....waiting for me. HA!

8. fascination

sun...make breakfast, give dh his father's day stuff, stone gowns, laundry, gather trash, pay bills, mow lawn. prune the woods from taking over the yard, plant flowers, clean cat litter, pack, organize, nag children to call their father, tan, get gas, get cash, can't remember what else but I am completely beat

9. 3wishes

Up and at it.
    Cleaned new countertop, scrubbed floor, dusted EVERYTHING, again, soaked dishwasher with that Lemon Stuff.
    Painted trim before entry floor gets stained.
    Went through check-off list of everything that "needed to repair or replace"
    *Replaced broken attic door entrance -check
    *Replaced Roof Shingle peak seam - check
    *Rip out entry way pony wall (I've hated that thing for 30 years!) and lay down new hardwood flooring cut to fit entrance - check
    *Upgrade electrical in kitchen and meet code requirements - check
    *Ironwork the rod iron fence to the pool and place new bases at post mounts - check
    *Replace support beams to patio roof - check (whew! what a job that was!)
    *Resurface oak cabinets to cherry wood grain, new doors, handles, new hardware for soft close, change all lower drawers to pull outs with soft close, install one piece countertop, custom kitchen deep sink, demo and rip out all old ceramic tile, install new glass tile backsplash - check, check and double check (incredible smile ear to ear on this one)
    *Replace electrical box at Jacuzzi - check
    *Replace breakfast booth with wood booth and custom lower drawers for racks, pans and cookie sheets.- Check
    *Paint,,,,uhhhh, well that's ongoing as I feel like it.
    Send picture of finished product to at least one DF member - check!!!
    Go after gardens and lawn care - caught up - check.
    Enjoy pool, sun and water basketball with Dear husband....CHECK!

10. 3wishes

Soaked in the jacuzzi, first thing in the morning,,,,as the mere act of walking after sleeping the night...was...to say the least...not my favorite thing to do.
    Neighbor visits...this is nice, ,,,we never had time before to do this.
    Pick up GS#2 early from school, head off to studio for his lesson. He begs to swim afterwards...but I'm just too sore to move...seriously sore.
    Watch GS pick up cha-cha pattern like he knew it all his life...arghhhh....while i work at it. ha!
    Mgs from daughters...pretty funny,,,lighten the day.
    Back into Jacuzzi after a rough Yoga practice...how do they DO that!...like- seriously her arms went through and over and connected and this and that...I'm lucky to balance on one foot! Did the poses I know and tried new ones. Then a class of Zumba...did not care for this teacher,,,she hops ALOT....music was good though.
    Awaken while sleeping at 1a.m. - DH and I both heard something trying to get in. Investigate.
    See nothing. Alarm did not go off. Neither of us sleeps and if it turns out to be those darn squirrels...well....they won't be here for long.;)

11. 3wishes

Pick up GS#2 at 8:30 a.m. after buying EVEN MORE water floats at Rite-Aid (buy one get one YEA).
    Head out to Palm Desert.
    Try to explain to GS#2 - what 2nd cousin is....
    Get to dad's house at Indian Ridge....Open Arms, as she is on phone with younger sister who has recently moved back to the States after living in Vienna Austria for 10 years. My nephews are now in high school and they run to me...ARGHGHH....the hugs almost break the back (the boys are huge) but I so enjoy the embrace.
    GS#2...stays silent....assesses his relatives...and then
    He learns how to play cards,,,and some sort of Russian card game similiar to "war"...
    They teach him, how to shoot water guns, jumps on the floating rafts, cannon balls, fun stuff....
    Round them up, head out to Babe's...for great ribs and a late Fathers Day lunch as most of us are actually in one place.
    Joined by baby sister,,,very surprising...and the chatter, catching up...conversations cover lots of ground.
    The boys - keep our little guy quite busy and he's loving it.
    Back to the pool, where I'm taught to drive a golf cart and the boys hang off of it while I have all the rafts in the cart...dad takes pictures....we look like total tourists on vacation.
    Giant water fights start between all the adults in the pool, the boys duck and cover, then toss the ladies off the floats...GS#2 learns that he likes being thrown by his cousins into the pool...he's such a lightweight, he flys with the greatest of ease.
    Back to house to cheer on Boston for some and Chicago for others....lots of noise, more board games, pizzas, avocados, asparagus grilled,,,,it's truly a great family time as most of us are together again in one place. Watch Boston lose Hockey Game (booo, hisss),,,round up GS#2 who now refuses to leave with us...load car, DH starts driving,,,before we get to fwy,,,,GS#2 passes out...this was a great day!

12. fascination

short version of the week...at millenium...mostly pleased with it...home now...sputter, gasp, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

j_alexandra likes this.
  13. 3wishes

Up early, cool marine layer, decided on rising to "get after it" in the yards,,,weeded, pruned, mulched again, spread Sluggo around veges and herbs.
    Kids, sending video clips to me and each other,,,WOW,,,DS has some hot peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, Italian parsley, limes, and bell peppers....amongst his dahlias, petunias, babies breath...it's goregous...his neighbors are threatening to "pick clean" the front yard vege garden,,,giving him a run for his money! lol.
    DD#1 - watermelons, corn, tomatoes, pumpkins and strawberrys - LOTS. in Texas.
    DD#1 - calls, has been hired by Harmony Charter School in Round Rock Tx..near her home...I am delighted, overjoyed and quite happy, her first true teaching job will be 3rd grade and she can finally be off my "checkbook" plan! LOL!!!! She's so excited..it's spilling over to everything else.
    DH comes out to give a hand and he ends up cleaning out the garage, re-organizing shelves, sweeping, climbing the ladder to the rafters - getting out his frustration of not being able to weight lift until cardio appointment clearance....this goes on for hours.
    Take advantage of the cooler weather, cause triple digit heat is coming.
    Go to paint store, I'm suddenly in love with Benjamin Moore paint colors...they give me two sample pints oooohhhhh the halls and living room are going to look GOREGOUS darlin'.
    DH converses with me on the fight he had with DS on Sunday. Has regrets...this is a dad/son thing...I give him a hug and listen.
    Start looking at Banff Canada hotels and activities...our September road trip...planning has begun! Possible hiking in the near future!
    Phone dies...I mean..really...nothing but a blue screen...look up solutions...pray they work. And WELLA midnight,,,phone starts working again.
    CHICAGO wins the Stanley Cup...WHAT A GAME! I love good ice hockey games.
    Purchase hose attached house wash solution for the outside, the final thing to do for the home to be shipshape and no worries for several years! FINALLY! ...and all because I wanted a one piece countertop for the kitchen...everything else fell into place....funny how that works. WINK! snicker!

14. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

cooked a completely vegan three course meal for the mrs came out awesome

roasted garlic white bean dip
    roasted vegetable with pasta
    roasted fennel and arugula salad with curry vinaigrette

lotta roasting lOL

dancelvr likes this.
  15. fascination

um...are you on the right thread?

16. fascination

mon, home around 4 basically immobile til cuddlefest... :)

today/tues...sleep til 10, watch the trayvon martin/zimmerman trial, wash gowns, visit w/dtr, take her to train, begin to clean and organize post-comp...teach spin and boy did I need that workout...eat pasta...pretty much horizontal now

17. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I haven't been on here in awhile. Short summary:

June 14-15--Child's dance recitals. Went very well. Parents visited.

June 17-21--First year advising week. Advised. A lot. Answered colleagues' questions. 1.5 hr. meeting with first year team. 4.5 hour meeting on outcomes assessment, which is already a pretty dry topic, and, to add insult to injury, the guest speaker was 1.5 hrs. late. Also made homemade vegetable-barley soup in the crockpot on Friday.

June 22--Child's first swim meet. Personal bests in free and back. I was a timer. I also managed to hurt my back...but not lower back this time, thankfully. Mid-back on right side. I actually think I probably tweaked it earlier in the week, and then exacerbated it carrying my backpack style pool chair. I have been doing a new stretching program to try to improve my flexibility and I think I overdid it.
    June 23--Took muscle relaxant which knocked me out all AM. Then lunch with Child's BFF, bookstore to get textbooks, and orientation for Child's CTY camp in the PM.

June 24--CHILD'S FIRST DAY OF CAMP and FIRST YEAR REGISTRATION!!! Actually had to pull off the highway after dropping Child at camp to take phone calls from students. Then home the rest of the day, trying to facilitate. Moved scheduled Tuesday lesson to Wednesday to give my back another day to recover. I think the problem actually originates in the neck. Necks are tricky bits of business.

June 25--Transport Child to camp, some advising work, first run since injuring back. Running didn't re-tweak the injury. I ran my choreo by myself, and I do think there are still some things I need to be careful about. Did some reading about living-learning communities. Took Child to swim practice. Wrote in diary.

18. 3wishes

:)Celebrate with DH in morning, DD full time teaching job. RELIEF!
    Get out to front yard, rip out huge lavendar bushes...
    Watch DH go head over tea-kettle and nearly down the front lawn staircase when he pulled really hard on a bush root and it let go....ran over, looked at him,,,he stared at me..."are you ok?" I said,,,,his reply "what a way to start the day"
    WHEW, he nearly broke his neck...
    Inform DH, go sit down...I'll rake...you rest. lol!! thanks for helping!!!
    It gets hot hot hot...and we swim swim swim.
    Take little man to dance lesson, he is 90 miles an hour today.
    Back to the house for more swimming and booking flight for Austin,,,,may take little man with me to play with cousins and give his mom her own one week vacation from being "mom" 24/7. :)
    Started reading Tom Sawyer again, love this book, childhood favorite.
    Pretty simple evening,,,just what the doctor ordered!

19. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

yes it was yesterdays activities that day:D

20. fascination

wed...teach two fitness classes, get good reviews from new boss and meet with him for a while...feel mostly good about this...home to kitchen full of dishes courtesy of my family while I was at comp...in fairness, dh usually handles this...spend some time setting up appointments with engaged couples, trying to budget my upcoming competitions, soaking in jacuzzi, nuzzling kitties, and other tasks in attempt to return order to my hhome and yard, also watch Martin/ Zimmerman trial...nice evening alone with dh...feel so blessed that after 28 1/2 years we still enjoy each other