yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I know this sounds crazy, but I LOVE the heat, and I love summer. It is my favorite season. I love being able to wear shorts and dresses and sandals and feeling the sun. I feel lighter and happier in summer than any other season.
    samina likes this.
  2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

come to AZ FASC we got 109 today and the pool is a nice 78!!
  3. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I missed a few yesterdays in there.

June 26-28--Lots of transporting Child to/from camp and to/from swim practice, as Husband was in Jacksonville, FL.

June 29--Child had another away swim meet. I timed the first half of the meet. Child again got 10th place (out of 30 girls) in backstroke. Her other events were meh, and she DQed in breaststroke again which I think really bummed her out.

Nonetheless, she was overall a happy camper because Saturday-Sunday was two of her BFFs joint sleepover birthday party! If there are any words that make a 10 year old girl happy, those words might be "BFF," "sleepover," and "birthday party," and the words in combination are even better.

I spent the evening wigging out over how big Manhattan is going to be (I think my silver latin scholarship will start from a QF and the open gold from a 1st round (eighth final?) and reading Taiye Selasi's Ghana Must Go.

Slept across the bed and hoarded ALL the pillows. I am a shameless bedhog.

June 30--Very annoyed with myself, as I forgot to de-fang the alarm clock, which had gone off at 6:15 AM for the away swim meet on Saturday.

More reading.

Picked up Child at sleepover. Started drive to NJ. Then the sky opened up. We were going to drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back for about 5 hours of socializing. Now I was pulled over on the edge of the Baltimore Beltway in a torrential downpour. Eventually, I realized that this just wasn't going to work in such a heavy storm (and subsequent heavy traffic), and that by the time I got to NJ, we would have like 3.5 hours to socialize. Turned around and drove home.

Child and I finished reading The Last Apprentice: Rage of the Fallen. (We love the series, but this was definitely not the best volume in the series.) I also almost finished my book...but decided to go to bed early and leave the last 40 pages or so for morning.
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I love arizona, my grandparents used to live there...but I don't recall 109...and I do love heat
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  5. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Constant rain would not EVER work for me either unless it was the holiday season.
    Yesterday, the marine layer came back and pushed the hot air out...THANK GOODNESS, now it's only 88 with humidity.
    I suppose this is training for Austin where DD#1 informed me it's 107 down there. ugh. I really am not looking forward to this. However, I will stink it up as we realized we will be able to get pictures of our 4 Grandkids in one place at one time if I can get GS#2 on the jet.
    Yesterday, work out with trainer early morning - uhhhh does standing still and sweating count?
    Plant desert cacti with curious flowers in front garden bed, after nearly fainting from a $193 water bill for one month (and mind you, we didn't have a kitchen sink or dishwasher as the kitchen was being renovated).
    As I'm planting I mantra to myself "I will love this plant/flower, I will love this plant/flower" and internally my soul cannot stand them.
    DH comes home from our business, smiling...ahhhh good news he shares.
    Head out for my walk and yoga session.
    Start really looking at Banff/Canmore, Alberta Canada area for September trip. DH insists on taking the car and driving there at 500 miles a day to get there in 3 days. This is always his formula not mine.
    A gentle reminder to DH that last September we got to national park too late in September and all the visitor centers were closed. This does not go over well.
    DS gives me half of his first crop of Jalapeno Peppers which I understand from his neighbors are pretty darn "hot".
    Gotta find some recipes...I'm not a pepper person...but hey, there's always salsa right?
  6. Mr 4 styles

the monsoon came so we will drop down to 107 or so

phx is hotter​
  7. fascination

mon...teach 2classes, drive to indy, practice an hour, take four lessons...apply tequila and bengay...sleep
    tues, hotel breakfast, bank, gas station, walgreens, 4 lessons, drive home, teach spin.collapse
    wed;teach two classes pack car and move dtr's stuff to her summer location in chicago, drive home, return neighbor's truck and visit...home to utter uselessness
  8. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

oops. no post for nearly 3 weeks? my bad. Since last post, I
    - worked at the Yankee Classic
    - had a whopping two lessons, one of which was meh and the other wowie
    - buried my head in the sand concerning some major issues; this will come back to bite me in the knat, I'm sure
    - went social dancing a few times; didn't die of it, even had fun a few times (social dancing gives me a Dance Fix when the lessons get sparse)
    - rolfer
    - gyro
    - saw some good theater; saw some bad theater
    - had dinner with Samina!
    - Blues Dance immersion workshop, and wasn't that a blast, color me happy
    - had a date; didn't die of it, either
    - have been emptying out the storage unit, and that's all I have to say about that
    samina likes this.
  9. fascination

welcome back...take that however you like :)
    j_alexandra likes this.
  10. fascination

hope you have a great weekend
    j_alexandra likes this.
  11. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Spend yesterday morning researching where to stay, decide Canmore, Alberta, CA.
    Inform DH of all the things that he had previously told me, "don't worry about it,,,we will deal with it when we get to where we are going"...uhhhhhh....
    inform DH, this is not the USA,,,,,and oh,,,did you know about the flooding? this? that? and more information I share with him.
    He acts surprised. That what he thought woudl be a 0ne hour drive in Alberta, is deemed by professional drivers to be the most hazardous road they've ever driven.
    He retools his driving plans. THANK GOD!!!!
    Book Falcon Crest Lodge in Canfield,,yea! my own kitchen, washer and dryer...NICE!~
    Head out to DS 4th at his house. It's so much cooler air by the ocean. I enjoy not cooking and sitting getting to know his new neighbors.
    Fireworks,,,YES! the entire street comes out. It was GREAT! I haven't heard fireworks like that since I was little.
    Our city bans fireworks....his does not.
    The kids all come out and DS spends time helping them with tiny Roman Candles. Fun to watch.
    I realize it's the first 4th of July where we've been somewhere actually enjoying it...in decades rather than staying home.
    I could do this again....next year~!
    And on the way home,,,the travel bug bites me. Might be time to go see some places and do things for a few months.
  12. j_alexandra

Yesterday:

heat, humidity, misery; JA does not take this well; can barely stay awake but sleeping is miserable, too, whine whine
    take self to local mall just to get cool
    stop at Apple store to see if they can address issues with my ip5; they address
    meet DB#1, shop a bit, score some new sandals and a dress way out of my comfort zone; horizontal multicolor stripes? me?
    home; corn on the cob, burger; it's the 4th of July, what else is there?
    watch fireworks from 2nd floor window; all along the river across from me, there are towns setting off sparkles; delightful, but provokes a whopping cascade of memory, some good, some less thrilling
    z
  13. fascination

thurs...spend entire day knee deep in bill writing, laundry and alas, shovelling more dirt/cow poo into raised beds...too exhausted to walk down to the lake for fire works...in bed by 8ish for the second day in a row...could I please have a day off of physical activity soon?...is that too much to ask?
  14. Mr 4 styles

it appears so.........:(
  15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

We had heavy rain and fog all day yesterday... most fireworks cancelled.
  16. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Yesterday:

Work in the morning. Early o'clock to slightly-less-early o'clock.
    Home, computer a bit, prepare tequila bottles. (Don't want to spend ridiculous money on drinks...1oz hand sanitizer bottles, thoroughly washed, filled with tequila).
    Nap when BF gets home...wake up two hours later and he is still playing computer games. BF you have things to get done today...do them.
    Get dressed for dance/pubcrawl. Drive to dance.

Dance lesson...in which our connection is fabulous, and things are working well. Woohoo!
    DP offers me a lift into town. Yes please! I leave my car at dance to pick up tomorrow. Get dropped at DP's GF's work...where they give me a free slushy. Get tram further into city.

Pubcrawl. Details are fuzzy. lots of cider, tequila, and shots. Tasty shots.

BF picks me up from town at 11. Yes it's early, but he was leaving town then, and there are no buses home to my house on a Friday night after midnight :(
    Get home...crash in a sleepy way.
    stash likes this.
  17. fascination

you are getting inundated with too much unfortunate stuff:(
    cornutt likes this.
  18. fascination

1oz sanitizer bottles filled will tequila...you are a genius :)
    FancyFeet likes this.
  19. j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Heat-induced memory failure; other than shopping for upcoming dinner party, I cannot remember squat other than that father is affected by the heat and sucks it up and turns on the one lone air conditioner we own, parks himself in that room, and, I hope, soon feels better; that's all I remember
    Until I go to Manhattan comp to watch a friend dance closed gold Standard; see several friends, and even ChaChaMama, who looks great!
    Plans to go blues dancing fall through, alas
    Home; eat for the first time all day, basically, and JA does not handle this well
    Read, Z
  20. fascination

fri...teach bike and bench...long meeting to prep for upcoming training I am hosting...home to cook a bunch of stuff for picnic..symphony on a blanket...dvorak...glorious....home to sleep